    be happy that they get a bad review.
    Anyone else purchase a computer component on trademe that doesn't work, what
    do you do?

    Rob, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Rob

    Peter Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > Just purchased a computer component on trademe that I have found doesn't
    > work, and is probably a fault with the product.

    <snip>
    > what do you do?

    maybe you could tell the seller, and ask them what they are going to do
    about it. Then, at least they have a chance to make good. If they fail to
    respond, then write your bad review, post on usenet, tell your friends,
    etc.

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Nov 26, 2004

  3. Rob

    thing Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > Just purchased a computer component on trademe that I have found doesn't
    > work, and is probably a fault with the product. The seller had sold it from
    > a box of computer components they purchased, but hadn't tested the component
    > before the sold it to me. Should I expect them to give me a refund? I know
    > that it is really a case of buyer beware, and I have no comeback. The seller
    > seems really nice, but haven't yet offered to accept it back for a refund.
    > Or should I just write a bad review in their profile, and chalk it down to
    > bad luck. Currently they have 100% happy buyers, so I am sure they wouldn't
    > be happy that they get a bad review.
    > Anyone else purchase a computer component on trademe that doesn't work, what
    > do you do?

    I contact them and ask for a refund, if it is not forthcoming. I give a
    bad review.

    Unless it is sold as is, in which case i would go neutral.

    If it is obviously damaged I would go bad, and I have done so.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Nov 26, 2004
  4. Rob

    PseUDO Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > Just purchased a computer component on trademe that I have found doesn't
    > work, and is probably a fault with the product. The seller had sold it from
    > a box of computer components they purchased, but hadn't tested the component
    > before the sold it to me. Should I expect them to give me a refund? I know
    > that it is really a case of buyer beware, and I have no comeback. The seller
    > seems really nice, but haven't yet offered to accept it back for a refund.
    > Or should I just write a bad review in their profile, and chalk it down to
    > bad luck. Currently they have 100% happy buyers, so I am sure they wouldn't
    > be happy that they get a bad review.
    > Anyone else purchase a computer component on trademe that doesn't work, what
    > do you do?

    Kind of a similar story..

    I sold some RD-RAM sticks to a guy a couple of years back on trademe, he
    emailed me to say that when he put them into his computer and turned the
    computer on , lots of dark toxic smoke came out of the back of the
    computer and quote "filled his lovely house up with a horrible smell" !.

    Later when i asked him if he had put them in correctly he said that he
    did, i then asked what motherboard he had, and when i checked it out on
    google, his board only supported DDR!, how he managed to insert RD-RAM
    in to a DDR board , who knows, hence i didn't give him a refund :)

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Nov 26, 2004
  5. Rob

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:44:46 +1300, "Rob" <>
    wrote:

    >Just purchased a computer component on trademe that I have found doesn't
    >work, and is probably a fault with the product. The seller had sold it from
    >a box of computer components they purchased, but hadn't tested the component
    >before the sold it to me. Should I expect them to give me a refund? I know
    >that it is really a case of buyer beware, and I have no comeback. The seller
    >seems really nice, but haven't yet offered to accept it back for a refund.
    >Or should I just write a bad review in their profile, and chalk it down to
    >bad luck. Currently they have 100% happy buyers, so I am sure they wouldn't
    >be happy that they get a bad review.
    >Anyone else purchase a computer component on trademe that doesn't work, what
    >do you do?

    That really comes down to how it was presented by the seller. How
    about posting a link to the auction, would make it easier to form an
    opinion on it.

    Cheers

    Gavin

    Gavin Tunney, Nov 26, 2004
  6. Rob

    wrote:

    >Just purchased a computer component on trademe that I have found doesn't
    >work, and is probably a fault with the product. The seller had sold it from
    >a box of computer components they purchased, but hadn't tested the component
    >before the sold it to me. Should I expect them to give me a refund? I know
    >that it is really a case of buyer beware, and I have no comeback. The seller
    >seems really nice, but haven't yet offered to accept it back for a refund.
    >Or should I just write a bad review in their profile, and chalk it down to
    >bad luck. Currently they have 100% happy buyers, so I am sure they wouldn't
    >be happy that they get a bad review.
    >Anyone else purchase a computer component on trademe that doesn't work, what
    >do you do?

    Did the seller sell it 'as is'; did he state 'not tested' etc etc.

    You need to clarify or post the actual words of the auction.

    You did state: "sold if from a box of computer coponents they
    purchased but hadn't test the component they sold to me" in which case
    if this was true; and you chose to bid accordingly knowing such; you
    should not black mark him for *your* decision.

    Check out the various selling of goods Acts - you might be surprised
    at how little coverage you have on second hand goods.

    Caveat Emptor.

    Cath

    , Nov 27, 2004
  7. Rob

    maz Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > Just purchased a computer component on trademe that I have found doesn't
    > work, and is probably a fault with the product. The seller had sold it

    from
    > a box of computer components they purchased, but hadn't tested the

    component
    > before the sold it to me. Should I expect them to give me a refund? I know
    > that it is really a case of buyer beware, and I have no comeback. The

    seller
    > seems really nice, but haven't yet offered to accept it back for a refund.
    > Or should I just write a bad review in their profile, and chalk it down to
    > bad luck. Currently they have 100% happy buyers, so I am sure they

    wouldn't
    > be happy that they get a bad review.
    > Anyone else purchase a computer component on trademe that doesn't work,

    what
    > do you do?

    Cheers for your help. The seller has offered a refund.

    maz, Nov 27, 2004
  8. Rob

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > Just purchased a computer component on trademe that I have found doesn't
    > work, and is probably a fault with the product. The seller had sold it

    from
    > a box of computer components they purchased, but hadn't tested the

    component
    > before the sold it to me. Should I expect them to give me a refund? I know
    > that it is really a case of buyer beware, and I have no comeback. The

    seller
    > seems really nice, but haven't yet offered to accept it back for a refund.
    > Or should I just write a bad review in their profile, and chalk it down to
    > bad luck. Currently they have 100% happy buyers, so I am sure they

    wouldn't
    > be happy that they get a bad review.
    > Anyone else purchase a computer component on trademe that doesn't work,

    what
    > do you do?

    Nice guys and business don't mean a thing. Neither does what they say half
    the time.
    If you got it cheap now you know why.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Nov 27, 2004