    put Dell in my choices this time because of their foriegn tech support.

    Which manufacturers offers free 800 number tech support 24/7, with USA techs
    (nothing outsourced to foriegn countries).?

    Frank, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Frank

    Hank Guest

    "Frank" <> wrote in message
    news:ltjfc.321$...
    > Looking to buy a new computer. I now have a Dell 8100 but don't think I'll
    > put Dell in my choices this time because of their foriegn tech support.
    >
    > Which manufacturers offers free 800 number tech support 24/7, with USA

    techs
    > (nothing outsourced to foriegn countries).?

    I wish you luck in your search but you might just find it easier to learn to
    speak Hindi.
    The only good and useful thing I've found with this new trend of companies
    using overseas telephone support is that the techs are very calm, cool and
    collected. You can sit there and call them, there mothers, there whole
    families and countrymen every foul unmentionable four letter word in the
    book and it doesn't seem to even phase them. It's great for stress relief.

    Hank

    Hank, Apr 15, 2004

  3. Frank

    Jerry G. Guest

    I personally deal with a local computer firm that does custom assemblies
    from purchasing all the boards as separates. This way I can choose the
    combinations that I want in the machine.

    As for any of the big name computer companies, you will get a standard range
    of packages that they are selling to everyone on mass. They all mostly have
    very good phone support. Most of these support numbers are in countries
    where they can pay lower salaries for descent skills. Since this is the
    trend, there is no getting away with it.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Apr 15, 2004
  4. Frank

    Michael-NC Guest

    "Hank" <> wrote in message

    > "Frank" <> wrote in message
    > > Looking to buy a new computer. I now have a Dell 8100 but don't think

    I'll
    > > put Dell in my choices this time because of their foriegn tech support.
    > >
    > > Which manufacturers offers free 800 number tech support 24/7, with USA

    > techs
    > > (nothing outsourced to foriegn countries).?
    > >

    > I wish you luck in your search but you might just find it easier to learn

    > speak Hindi.
    > The only good and useful thing I've found with this new trend of companies
    > using overseas telephone support is that the techs are very calm, cool and
    > collected. You can sit there and call them, there mothers, there whole
    > families and countrymen every foul unmentionable four letter word in the
    > book and it doesn't seem to even phase them. It's great for stress relief.
    >
    > Hank

    Lol! Does this also apply to people who don't have a computer serviced by
    them? I'd like to call too!

    Michael-NC, Apr 15, 2004
  5. Frank

    Adam Steiner Guest

    "Frank" <> wrote in message
    > Looking to buy a new computer. I now have a Dell 8100 but don't think I'll
    > put Dell in my choices this time because of their foriegn tech support.
    >
    > Which manufacturers offers free 800 number tech support 24/7, with USA

    techs
    > (nothing outsourced to foriegn countries).?

    Laptop or desktop? If the former, the Dell Latitude's (not sure what
    happens if you buy an Inspiron through the small bus. division) have
    American tech support. If a desktop, do it yourself.

    --adam

    Adam Steiner, Apr 16, 2004
  6. Frank

    Sonny Ha Guest

    "Hank" <> wrote in message

    > "Frank" <> wrote in message
    > > Looking to buy a new computer. I now have a Dell 8100 but don't think

    I'll
    > > put Dell in my choices this time because of their foriegn tech support.
    > >
    > > Which manufacturers offers free 800 number tech support 24/7, with USA

    > techs
    > > (nothing outsourced to foriegn countries).?
    > >

    > I wish you luck in your search but you might just find it easier to learn

    > speak Hindi.
    > The only good and useful thing I've found with this new trend of companies
    > using overseas telephone support is that the techs are very calm, cool and
    > collected. You can sit there and call them, there mothers, there whole
    > families and countrymen every foul unmentionable four letter word in the
    > book and it doesn't seem to even phase them. It's great for stress relief.
    >
    > Hank

    That's what people call "verbal abuse", I think. I'd never make myself more
    relieved by calling some total stranger and give %$#@ to them. Hope you were
    just joking.

    Take care.
    Sonny