    how do i find out what type of motherboard i have by just looking at it?
    thank you
    old novice.

    john marsden, Dec 31, 2005

  2. john marsden

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:WVntf.17884$,
    john marsden spewed forth:
    > re. buying memory modules, ( boaby ) dec. 30th. i am having the same
    > problem, but i have no documentation for my computer having inherited
    > it. how do i find out what type of motherboard i have by just looking
    > at it? thank you
    > old novice.

    Download "Everest" from www.lavalys.com and install/run it. That program
    will tell you exactly what motherboard (and video, sound, everything like
    that) you have.

    If that is unavailable, search on google.com for Belarc Advisor - it can do
    the same. Or hwinfo32. There's lots of tools out there to tell you "what's
    in the box".

    Toolman Tim, Dec 31, 2005

  3. john marsden

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Dec 31, 2005
  4. john marsden

    Plato Guest

    john marsden wrote:

    > re. buying memory modules, ( boaby ) dec. 30th. i am having the same
    > problem, but i have no documentation for my computer having inherited it.
    > how do i find out what type of motherboard i have by just looking at it?

    Tough just by looking at it. One might try:

    http://www.bootdisk.com/tennessee/ctbios15.zip
    http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
    http://www.bootdisk.com/tennessee/ba.exe
    http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

    One of the above WILL correctly ID your motherboard make and model.
    Guaranteed.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 16, 2006