    will not work on my current motherboard.

    Thanks,

    Rob.
    Boaby, Dec 30, 2005

  2. Boaby

    FML Guest

    Boaby wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I am thinking of upgrading from 512 Megabytes to 2 Gigabyte. My main
    > concern is that will my motherboard will handle 1 & 1 gigabyte module of
    > 3200 DDR2 memory module. That is two gig (sorry if I am not making the
    > sentence clearly) My motherboard is a Lan Party UT NF4 Ultra D.
    >
    > I have only got a single memory module of 512 meg at 32000 DDR at the
    > moment, which works fine. But I would like to install two 1 gig 3200
    > DDR2 ram module onto my motherboard. My motherboard0 manual only says
    > that DDR is ok but there is nothing to say it can handle DDR2?
    >
    > I am not clear on this folks. I am sorry if its not clear. I would like
    > a second opinion on this before I purchase a memory module that will or
    > will not work on my current motherboard.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rob.

    Go to Crucial and put your M/B model into their "Memory Advisor" and it
    will tell you what memory you can install on it:

    http://www.crucial.com/index.asp
    FML, Dec 30, 2005

  3. Boaby

    Plato Guest

    Boaby wrote:

    > I am thinking of upgrading from 512 Megabytes to 2 Gigabyte. My main
    > concern is that will my motherboard will handle 1 & 1 gigabyte module of
    > 3200 DDR2 memory module. That is two gig (sorry if I am not making the
    > sentence clearly) My motherboard is a Lan Party UT NF4 Ultra D.

    Check with your motherboard docs or call:
    18004memory.com

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Dec 30, 2005
  4. Boaby

    Ann Guest

    On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 21:06:24 GMT, Boaby
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Folks,
    >
    >I am thinking of upgrading from 512 Megabytes to 2 Gigabyte. My main
    >concern is that will my motherboard will handle 1 & 1 gigabyte module of
    >3200 DDR2 memory module. That is two gig (sorry if I am not making the
    >sentence clearly) My motherboard is a Lan Party UT NF4 Ultra D.
    >
    >I have only got a single memory module of 512 meg at 32000 DDR at the
    >moment, which works fine. But I would like to install two 1 gig 3200
    >DDR2 ram module onto my motherboard. My motherboard0 manual only says
    >that DDR is ok but there is nothing to say it can handle DDR2?
    >
    >I am not clear on this folks. I am sorry if its not clear. I would like
    >a second opinion on this before I purchase a memory module that will or
    >will not work on my current motherboard.

    No, only DDR RAM with that motherboard. DDR2 goes with Intel CPUs (at
    the moment at least).

    Ann
    Ann, Dec 30, 2005