    Has anybody had any experience buying a camera or lens from a HK or
    Singapore camera store and having it FEDEX'd over?

    any problems with trademark?
    zeitgeist, May 18, 2004

  2. zeitgeist

    [BnH] Guest

    Where are you from ?
    If you are in the USA, HK is a better option.

    =bob=

    [BnH], May 18, 2004

  3. zeitgeist

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "zeitgeist"

    >Has anybody had any experience buying a camera or lens from a HK or
    >Singapore camera store and having it FEDEX'd over?

    Here's a web site with a lot of good info on buying overseas, including Hong
    Kong. I ended up buying a Mamiya medium format lens from Robert White in
    England after reading this page, saving $1,000 over the cost in the USA because
    there is no grey market on Mamiya goods in the US, so it can be worth the extra
    effort.

    No problems getting it Fed-Ex'ed directly to me but I have a Fed Ex account and
    they billed me later for the duty charge. If you don't have a Fed Ex account
    number I'm not sure how it is handled, you may have to pay the delivery man up
    front for the import tariffs.

    http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/hongkong.html

    >any problems with trademark?

    The problem is with the warranty, you won't have one for the US. If there's a
    problem while it's under warranty you'll have to ship it back to the original
    seller. That's why I felt comfortable buying a lens (something that rarely
    fails under warranty) but would be more leery about buying a camera body or
    similar.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, May 18, 2004