    almost like EBAY. I got in while they were still closed, got to watch
    the countdown clock to see when I could order something.

    Oh, the excitement in my life!
    Charles, Feb 18, 2007

  2. Charles wrote:
    > almost like EBAY. I got in while they were still closed, got to watch
    > the countdown clock to see when I could order something.
    >
    > Oh, the excitement in my life!

    What are you talking about? Got in where? A web site?

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Feb 18, 2007

  3. Charles

    Charles Guest

    On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 22:33:34 -0500, Gary Eickmeier
    <> wrote:

    >Charles wrote:
    >> almost like EBAY. I got in while they were still closed, got to watch
    >> the countdown clock to see when I could order something.
    >>
    >> Oh, the excitement in my life!

    >What are you talking about? Got in where? A web site?
    >
    >Gary Eickmeier

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

    On Saturday when they are closed. It won't work now.
    Charles, Feb 18, 2007
  4. Charles wrote:

    > On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 22:33:34 -0500, Gary Eickmeier
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Charles wrote:
    >>
    >>>almost like EBAY. I got in while they were still closed, got to watch
    >>>the countdown clock to see when I could order something.
    >>>
    >>>Oh, the excitement in my life!

    >>What are you talking about? Got in where? A web site?
    >>
    >>Gary Eickmeier

    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
    >
    > On Saturday when they are closed. It won't work now.

    Are you saying you couldn't even order on Saturday?

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Feb 18, 2007
  5. >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

    >> On Saturday when they are closed. It won't work now.

    >Are you saying you couldn't even order on Saturday?

    You can order. But they don't process orders at Saturday, and, lest
    there be any misunderstanding, they post a clear message to that
    affect.

    -Joel

    Weekly Torah reading for any website: http://www.lashon.net/Parashah.html
    Dr. Joel M. Hoffman, Feb 18, 2007
  6. "Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" <> wrote in message

    >>Are you saying you couldn't even order on Saturday?

    > You can order.

    Have you tried lately?
    Andrew Koenig, Feb 18, 2007
  7. Andrew Koenig wrote:
    > "Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>>Are you saying you couldn't even order on Saturday?

    >>You can order.

    > Have you tried lately?

    As for myself, no I have not. I see no reason why you wouldn't be able
    to place an order, which would then be processed later. But you are
    reminding me of when I was in Israel and learned of the orthodox rules
    against working on the sabbath. They can't operate an elevator because
    they would have to press the button and cause electricity to flow. They
    can't cook, so they do all the cooking and preparing on Friday. B&H may
    have concluded that letting the web site receive orders was going too
    far on the sabbath.

    That's what religion can do to you.

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Feb 18, 2007
  8. Charles

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 00:11:07 GMT, Charles <>
    wrote:

    >almost like EBAY. I got in while they were still closed, got to watch
    >the countdown clock to see when I could order something.
    >
    >Oh, the excitement in my life!

    Not like eBay at all; when you order from B&H, you know you'll get
    what you ordered.

    --
    Anna Nicole Smith's family and
    friends converged on the late
    Bill Funk, Feb 18, 2007
  9. "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote in message

    >> Have you tried lately?

    > As for myself, no I have not. I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to
    > place an order, which would then be processed later.

    Well, I think they changed their policy recently; which is why I asked.
    Andrew Koenig, Feb 18, 2007
  10. Charles

    Jim Guest

    "Andrew Koenig" <> wrote in message
    > "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>> Have you tried lately?

    >> As for myself, no I have not. I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to
    >> place an order, which would then be processed later.

    > Well, I think they changed their policy recently; which is why I asked.

    I placed an order yesterday, which was Saturday where I live and where they
    work. It won't be processed until the workers get back though.
    Jim
    Jim, Feb 18, 2007
  11. ? "Gary Eickmeier" <> ?????? ??? ??????

    > Andrew Koenig wrote:
    > > "Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" <> wrote in message

    > >>You can order.

    > > Have you tried lately?

    > As for myself, no I have not. I see no reason why you wouldn't be able
    > to place an order, which would then be processed later. But you are
    > reminding me of when I was in Israel and learned of the orthodox rules
    > against working on the sabbath. They can't operate an elevator because
    > they would have to press the button and cause electricity to flow. They
    > can't cook, so they do all the cooking and preparing on Friday. B&H may
    > have concluded that letting the web site receive orders was going too
    > far on the sabbath.
    >
    > That's what religion can do to you.

    I don't think that He is really interested if we press a button on Saturday
    or Sunday or if we cook;He might be interested more if we live happy, full
    lifes, have an honest job and be good to our brethren.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Feb 18, 2007
  12. Charles

    J. Clarke Guest

    On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:08:58 GMT, (Dr. Joel M. Hoffman)
    wrote:

    >>> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
    >>>
    >>> On Saturday when they are closed. It won't work now.

    >>Are you saying you couldn't even order on Saturday?

    >You can order. But they don't process orders at Saturday, and, lest
    >there be any misunderstanding, they post a clear message to that
    >affect.

    I don't know what happens if you try to call them but their web site
    won't take an order at those times.
    J. Clarke, Feb 18, 2007
  13. Charles

    Charles Guest

    I was reporting on my experience yesterday (Saturday) afternoon.
    After they reopened I placed two orders with no problem.

    To see what I was talking about, try the site next Saturday in the day
    time New York time and see how it works then. (It may be different
    than yesterday, they could change)

    I was in now way finding fault with BH Photo, I respect them and their
    business model.

    I probably should not have posted anything. Sorry
    Charles, Feb 18, 2007
  14. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:

    > I don't think that He is really interested if we press a button on Saturday
    > or Sunday or if we cook;He might be interested more if we live happy, full
    > lifes, have an honest job and be good to our brethren.

    Good to our... WHAT?

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Feb 19, 2007
  15. If I understand correctly they are a special type of Jew and are unable to
    do business during certain of their religious holidays. I believe (again if
    I understand correctly) that would include their web site (which is an
    extension of them) so they do not take orders during these times. It goes
    beyond the processing of orders. Most places don't process orders when they
    are closed. B&H and other Jewish camera and I would guess other types of
    businesses with web sites don't accept orders. Strange in my opinion but
    that is what their god demands.

    ljc

    Little Juice Coupe, Feb 19, 2007
  16. Charles

    Yoshi Guest

    "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <> wrote in message

    > I don't think that He is really interested if we press a button on
    > Saturday
    > or Sunday or if we cook;He might be interested more if we live happy, full
    > lifes, have an honest job and be good to our brethren.
    >

    > --
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Don't you mean SHE?

    Yoshi
    Yoshi, Feb 19, 2007
  17. Charles

    Paul J Gans Guest

    Andrew Koenig <> wrote:
    >"Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote in message

    >>> Have you tried lately?

    >> As for myself, no I have not. I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to
    >> place an order, which would then be processed later.

    >Well, I think they changed their policy recently; which is why I asked.

    Yup. Just checked. No orders accepted or processed. They
    have a schedule posted for the "dead" period.

    Can't fault them for having the courage of their convictions.

    --
    --- Paul J. Gans
    Paul J Gans, Feb 19, 2007
  18. Charles

    Paul J Gans Guest

    J. Clarke <> wrote:

    >>>Are you saying you couldn't even order on Saturday?

    >>You can order. But they don't process orders at Saturday, and, lest
    >>there be any misunderstanding, they post a clear message to that
    >>affect.

    >I don't know what happens if you try to call them but their web site
    >won't take an order at those times.

    I'm sure you won't find a live human if you call at those times.

    Hey, not too long ago, almost all stores in the US were closed
    on Sunday.

    --
    --- Paul J. Gans
    Paul J Gans, Feb 19, 2007
  19. Charles

    acl Guest

    On Feb 18, 8:45 pm, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>
    wrote:
    > ? "Gary Eickmeier" <> ?????? ???
    > > That's what religion can do to you.

    > I don't think that He is really interested if we press a button on Saturday
    > or Sunday or if we cook;He might be interested more if we live happy, full
    > lifes, have an honest job and be good to our brethren.

    True. He might also not exist, which would make a large part of the
    human activity I observe quite funny (imagine, all these stories, a
    large part of our history, convictions deeply held etc and in the end
    it turns out that we're just highly organized masses of organic
    compounds stuck on a piece of rotating rock! LOL!).
    acl, Feb 19, 2007
  20. On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 10:00:34 -0700, Bill Funk <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 00:11:07 GMT, Charles <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>almost like EBAY. I got in while they were still closed, got to watch
    >>the countdown clock to see when I could order something.
    >>
    >>Oh, the excitement in my life!

    >Not like eBay at all; when you order from B&H, you know you'll get
    >what you ordered.

    And be able to return it for almost any reason if you are not
    satisfied. My only nits with B&H is that the special order items may
    take way longer than they estimate and they won't take orders for out
    of stock items (so you can't even get on a waiting list for something
    like the Nikon 18-200 lens).
    Oliver Costich, Feb 19, 2007