Buying CMOS board cameras?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\), May 19, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    Can anyone recommend a good supplier for CMOS board cameras? I've found a
    few good suppliers but I want to ensure that I've done an exhaustive search.

    And does anyone know of a wearable AV hard disk recorder that will take a
    digital video input? What I really want is the camera and MPEG-4 encoder
    from a video mobile phone with a 40GB HDD.

    My requirements for the camera are:
    * Low power consumption (<50mA)
    * Good sensitivity (min illumination <4 lux)
    * Low weight (< 30g)
    * Small size (< 40 x 40 x 40mm)
    * Colour
    * Auto gain control, auto white balance, auto iris, auto exposure, auto back
    light compensation

    And ideally the camera will also have:
    * Changeable lens
    * Audio

    Suppliers I've already looked at include:
    * Maplin
    * Farnel
    * Quasar Electronics
    * Rapid
    * RS Electronics

    I really like the OV7910 CMOS colour image sensor.

    Many thanks for your help,
    Jack

    Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\), May 19, 2004

  2. Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)