    have not received a reply in 2 days. I have spent over an hour trying to
    purchase their software, but given up in frustration. Has anyone else been
    able to do it?

    Rob, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Rob

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <1129329427.643979@ftpsrv1>, "Rob" <>
    wrote:

    > Trying to purchase a license for Quicktime Pro 7, and it doesn't seem
    > possible in NZ. When I go to the apple website, if I select a country, it
    > then goes to the NZ site, but when I go into the NZ shop, it then goes to
    > the Australian website, which charges AUS GST, and you can't select NZ. If I
    > try to purchase it though the US website, I have to enter a US address and
    > Zip code, otherwise it comes up with an error. I have emailed apple NZ, but
    > have not received a reply in 2 days. I have spent over an hour trying to
    > purchase their software, but given up in frustration. Has anyone else been
    > able to do it?

    Yes.

    Offhand I don't recall any difficulty, to the point that I don't
    remember any details of the process.

    --
    Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

    Bruce Hoult, Oct 15, 2005

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    "Bruce Hoult" <> wrote in message
    > In article <1129329427.643979@ftpsrv1>, "Rob" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Trying to purchase a license for Quicktime Pro 7, and it doesn't seem
    > > possible in NZ. When I go to the apple website, if I select a country,

    it
    > > then goes to the NZ site, but when I go into the NZ shop, it then goes

    > > the Australian website, which charges AUS GST, and you can't select NZ.

    If I
    > > try to purchase it though the US website, I have to enter a US address

    and
    > > Zip code, otherwise it comes up with an error. I have emailed apple NZ,

    but
    > > have not received a reply in 2 days. I have spent over an hour trying to
    > > purchase their software, but given up in frustration. Has anyone else

    been
    > > able to do it?

    > Yes.
    >
    > Offhand I don't recall any difficulty, to the point that I don't
    > remember any details of the process.
    >
    > --
    > Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-
    > Hoult | 174.8263E | /\ here. | ----------O----------

    Yes it can be done but it bills you in Australian dollars and charges you
    autralian GST. You then have to contact apple NZ to correct the invoice.

    Rob, Oct 15, 2005
  4. Rob

    steve Guest

    Rob wrote:

    > Trying to purchase a license for Quicktime Pro 7, and it doesn't seem
    > possible in NZ. When I go to the apple website, if I select a country, it
    > then goes to the NZ site, but when I go into the NZ shop, it then goes to
    > the Australian website, which charges AUS GST, and you can't select NZ. If
    > I try to purchase it though the US website, I have to enter a US address
    > and Zip code, otherwise it comes up with an error. I have emailed apple
    > NZ, but have not received a reply in 2 days. I have spent over an hour
    > trying to purchase their software, but given up in frustration. Has anyone
    > else been able to do it?

    Apple told me to lie and gave them an Australian postal address composed of
    my NZ postal address, except the state is NSW and the Country is Australia.

    It worked.

    steve, Oct 15, 2005
  5. Rob

    Fishb8 Guest

    Went through all the drama, just like you. So frustrating, wasting an
    excessive amount of time. In the end I did the sensible thing and downloaded
    a crack. Works well, right now.

    Fishb8, Oct 15, 2005
  6. Rob

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <1129364769.480353@ftpsrv1>, "Rob" <>
    wrote:

    > Yes it can be done but it bills you in Australian dollars and charges you
    > autralian GST. You then have to contact apple NZ to correct the invoice.

    Microsoft don't have this problem. For all of Apples claims of ease of
    use they do making buying anything off them bloody difficult!

    whoisthis, Oct 15, 2005
  7. Rob

    Rob Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > Rob wrote:
    >
    > > Trying to purchase a license for Quicktime Pro 7, and it doesn't seem
    > > possible in NZ. When I go to the apple website, if I select a country,

    it
    > > then goes to the NZ site, but when I go into the NZ shop, it then goes

    > > the Australian website, which charges AUS GST, and you can't select NZ.

    If
    > > I try to purchase it though the US website, I have to enter a US address
    > > and Zip code, otherwise it comes up with an error. I have emailed apple
    > > NZ, but have not received a reply in 2 days. I have spent over an hour
    > > trying to purchase their software, but given up in frustration. Has

    anyone
    > > else been able to do it?

    > Apple told me to lie and gave them an Australian postal address composed

    of
    > my NZ postal address, except the state is NSW and the Country is

    Australia.

    > It worked.

    I ended up finding instructions by doing a google search . This is what
    NZers are supposed to do.
    *New Zealand customers can purchase an electronic key from the Australian
    Apple Store. Please enter your postal address as usual but type NSW in the
    State field and 2000 in the Postcode field.

    I went through the process, but it still charges you 10% Australian GST. As
    I am purchasing through a business, I need Apple NZ to provide me with a NZ
    GST receipt. Otherwise they need to refund the Aus GST from the price they
    have billed me.

    Rob, Oct 16, 2005
  8. Rob

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <1129426837.329721@ftpsrv1>, "Rob" <>
    wrote:

    > I went through the process, but it still charges you 10% Australian GST. As
    > I am purchasing through a business, I need Apple NZ to provide me with a NZ
    > GST receipt. Otherwise they need to refund the Aus GST from the price they
    > have billed me.

    Dude, you're talking about the GST on US$30. Who gives a damn, anyway.

    If you buy something from someone not GST registered then you can claim
    1/9th of the total price paid on your GST return.

    --
    Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

    Bruce Hoult, Oct 16, 2005
  9. Rob

    EMB Guest

    Bruce Hoult wrote:

    > If you buy something from someone not GST registered then you can claim
    > 1/9th of the total price paid on your GST return.

    Only on secondhand goods.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Oct 16, 2005
  10. Rob

    PAM. Guest

    Official - NZ is part of Aus. Was: Buying Apple Quicktime - can it be done?

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > I ended up finding instructions by doing a google search . This is what
    > NZers are supposed to do.
    > *New Zealand customers can purchase an electronic key from the Australian
    > Apple Store. Please enter your postal address as usual but type NSW in the
    > State field and 2000 in the Postcode field.

    Cool. So when do we get to call ourselves Australian :)

    PAM.

    PAM., Oct 16, 2005
  11. In <> whoisthis wrote:
    > In article <1129364769.480353@ftpsrv1>, "Rob" <>
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> Yes it can be done but it bills you in Australian dollars and charges
    >> you autralian GST. You then have to contact apple NZ to correct the
    >> invoice.

    > Microsoft don't have this problem. For all of Apples claims of ease of
    > use they do making buying anything off them bloody difficult!

    The problem is you can only buy the software directly from Apple, but
    there is no Apple NZ. Apple's online stores are restricted to their home
    country, and exporting anything (including a software key) is strictly
    verboten. The case with NZers buying QuickTime Pro keys from the Oz
    store is an attempt to work around the system.

    It's a hack :eek:(

    http://roger.geek.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Oct 17, 2005
  12. Rob

    steve Guest

    Re: Official - NZ is part of Aus. Was: Buying Apple Quicktime - can it be done?

    PAM. wrote:

    > "Rob" <> wrote in message
    >> I ended up finding instructions by doing a google search . This is what
    >> NZers are supposed to do.
    >> *New Zealand customers can purchase an electronic key from the Australian
    >> Apple Store. Please enter your postal address as usual but type NSW in
    >> the State field and 2000 in the Postcode field.

    > Cool. So when do we get to call ourselves Australian :)
    >
    > PAM.

    As soon as they get rid of John Hoawrd. Until then....who would WANT to be
    called Australian?

    Makes travelling to many countries with a star and cresent on their flag a
    little........more interesting?

    steve, Oct 18, 2005