    general, so I am not really looking for that..Any help out there ?

    Thanks

    Jerry
    Jerry, Sep 20, 2006

  2. Jerry

    Dowager Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone know if my driver that comes with an IBM Laptop Thinkpad will
    > have any ill effects on a 20 inch LCD I want to attach.. I am looking
    > at the Viewsonic VX2025 1680 x 1050 or Samsung 204B 1600 x 1200 ... I
    > basically will be using this for work ( Mostly Text and emails ) Web
    > surfing, and maybe movies... Games don't play well on the laptop in
    > general, so I am not really looking for that..Any help out there ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jerry

    What driver are you talking about?
    To connect any type of external display to a laptop
    can only be done via analog S-Video (Unless you have a
    unique one with a DVI output?).
    Neither of the two monitors you list have an S-Video input.
    Dowager, Sep 20, 2006

  3. Jerry

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Dowager wrote:
    > "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know if my driver that comes with an IBM Laptop Thinkpad will
    >> have any ill effects on a 20 inch LCD I want to attach.. I am looking
    >> at the Viewsonic VX2025 1680 x 1050 or Samsung 204B 1600 x 1200 ... I
    >> basically will be using this for work ( Mostly Text and emails ) Web
    >> surfing, and maybe movies... Games don't play well on the laptop in
    >> general, so I am not really looking for that..Any help out there ?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Jerry

    > What driver are you talking about?
    > To connect any type of external display to a laptop
    > can only be done via analog S-Video (Unless you have a
    > unique one with a DVI output?).
    > Neither of the two monitors you list have an S-Video input.

    I think you are confused. Most laptops will have a VGA output, and
    both the monitors Jerry is considering have a VGA input. It is a
    no-brainer.

    To Jerry, no, providing your drivers support the required resolution you
    will have no problems.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Sep 20, 2006
  4. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Thanks Oldus !

    Appreciate the input !

    Jerry

    Jerry, Sep 20, 2006
  5. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Checked out my driver specs and it will support most , but my Laptop
    does not support DVI so I will be using the Analog.

    It would be nice if the retail stores would put real applications on
    these monitorxs, or better yet, Let you hook up your Laptop to a bus,
    and look at the picture on each display that is plugged in, and run the
    applications for a test drive.

    Anyway, thanks agin for the info.

    Jerry

    Jerry, Oct 7, 2006