    "Attach" seems to be "Mass merchant attached bundle". What does that mean?
    Am I getting the full product? What's the catch?

    David
    David Hare-Scott, May 12, 2013

  2. David Hare-Scott

    PeterN Guest

    > I am considering buying Elements 11. It seems to come in several forms.
    >
    > Most vendors offer it for about $120 (AU). One is offering "Photoshop
    > Elements 11 MP Attach ( ADOBE 65207557 )" for $35.
    >
    > I have worked out that "MP" means multiplatform, which is not important.
    >
    > "Attach" seems to be "Mass merchant attached bundle". What does that
    > mean? Am I getting the full product? What's the catch?

    You could be buying pirated software. Aside from the legal and moral
    issues, quite often pirated software contains worms that can,at best,
    wreak havoc on your machine.At worst, steal all your passwords and aid
    in the theft of your identity. If something is priced way below market,
    there's a reason, and it may not benefit the purchaser as much as the
    seller.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, May 12, 2013

  3. David Hare-Scott

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sun, 12 May 2013 11:47:06 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"
    <> wrote:

    >I am considering buying Elements 11. It seems to come in several forms.
    >
    >Most vendors offer it for about $120 (AU). One is offering "Photoshop
    >Elements 11 MP Attach ( ADOBE 65207557 )" for $35.
    >
    >I have worked out that "MP" means multiplatform, which is not important.
    >
    >"Attach" seems to be "Mass merchant attached bundle". What does that mean?
    >Am I getting the full product? What's the catch?
    >
    >David

    What I find is Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Mass Merchant Attach (bundle
    version). In the US, the "Premiere" program is a program for used for
    video, not still photography. Here's what "Premiere Elements 11"
    does:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html It retails in
    the US for US$79.99, but is available for less than that at other
    sources.

    Elements 11, without the "Premiere" designation, is the program used
    for still photographs.

    A bundled version is usually something less than the stand-alone
    version. However, what the "usual" is in Australia is not something
    I'd know about.

    This page:
    http://www.i-tech.com.au/items.aspx...ments 11 Mulitple Platform Mass Merchant Atta
    has an "Ask a question" link by Adobe. Ask them what you'd be
    getting.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, May 12, 2013
  4. David Hare-Scott

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Tony Cooper
    <> wrote:

    > >I am considering buying Elements 11. It seems to come in several forms.
    > >
    > >Most vendors offer it for about $120 (AU). One is offering "Photoshop
    > >Elements 11 MP Attach ( ADOBE 65207557 )" for $35.
    > >
    > >I have worked out that "MP" means multiplatform, which is not important.
    > >
    > >"Attach" seems to be "Mass merchant attached bundle". What does that mean?
    > >Am I getting the full product? What's the catch?

    > What I find is Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Mass Merchant Attach (bundle
    > version). In the US, the "Premiere" program is a program for used for
    > video, not still photography. Here's what "Premiere Elements 11"
    > does:
    > http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html It retails in
    > the US for US$79.99, but is available for less than that at other
    > sources.
    >
    > Elements 11, without the "Premiere" designation, is the program used
    > for still photographs.

    he said he wants photoshop elements. did you not see where he said
    'photoshop elements 11' in the second sentence?

    you really need to work on your reading skills.

    > A bundled version is usually something less than the stand-alone
    > version.

    no it isn't. a bundled version is the same as the retail version, but
    with an not-for-resale label. it may also come with a different level
    of support than the standalone copy.

    the 'mass merchant attached bundled version' is probably the bundled
    version sold separately that would otherwise be bundled with something
    the merchant sells.

    he should ask adobe for clarification.
    nospam, May 12, 2013
  5. David Hare-Scott

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sat, 11 May 2013 23:08:32 -0400, nospam <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Tony Cooper
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> >I am considering buying Elements 11. It seems to come in several forms.
    >> >
    >> >Most vendors offer it for about $120 (AU). One is offering "Photoshop
    >> >Elements 11 MP Attach ( ADOBE 65207557 )" for $35.
    >> >
    >> >I have worked out that "MP" means multiplatform, which is not important.
    >> >
    >> >"Attach" seems to be "Mass merchant attached bundle". What does that mean?
    >> >Am I getting the full product? What's the catch?

    >> What I find is Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Mass Merchant Attach (bundle
    >> version). In the US, the "Premiere" program is a program for used for
    >> video, not still photography. Here's what "Premiere Elements 11"
    >> does:
    >> http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html It retails in
    >> the US for US$79.99, but is available for less than that at other
    >> sources.
    >>
    >> Elements 11, without the "Premiere" designation, is the program used
    >> for still photographs.

    >he said he wants photoshop elements. did you not see where he said
    >'photoshop elements 11' in the second sentence?

    Oh, dear. Another argument-just-for-argument from nospam, and wrong
    as usual. No surprise.

    I said "What I find is..." and what I found was Adobe Premiere
    Elements 11 at Australian sites when I Googled (Adobe 65207557).

    >you really need to work on your reading skills.

    You *did* read the Adobe number, didn't you? And that he is in
    Australia?

    What he wants is probably Adobe Elements 11 for still photography.
    That's clear. What he might me getting is the Premiere video version.
    "Might", though, since Australia's product identification terms may be
    different.

    What I encouraged is checking with Adobe to find out what, exactly,
    the product is.

    >> A bundled version is usually something less than the stand-alone
    >> version.

    >no it isn't. a bundled version is the same as the retail version, but
    >with an not-for-resale label. it may also come with a different level
    >of support than the standalone copy.

    Just on the face of it "a different level of support" makes it
    something less. However, some bundled products are abbreviated
    versions of the retail product. My Wacom table came with Nik
    software, but - I found out when using it - it was a severely
    abbreviated version of the Nik software. Far fewer choices, but the
    Wacom advertisement did not tell me this. I now have the full Nik
    package, but bought separately.

    Nero bundled programs were often less than the retail program, but
    gave you the ability to upgrade (at a price) to the full version.
    Wacom has offered Elements as a bundle, but a not-the-current version.
    I don't know what today's offering is. They just say "Elements".

    You can't assume that a bundled program is the full version or the
    latest version. It might be, but it might not.

    Additionally, some bundled programs do not work on all OS levels. It
    may not work on Windows 8, but may be advertised as the Windows
    version.

    And, some software that is bundled with a computer will not install on
    a new computer even if you have the installation disk. That's
    different from the retail version of the same product. That makes you
    wonder if a bundled version bought separately - as the poster is doing
    - is going to work.

    They are not always "the same".

    >the 'mass merchant attached bundled version' is probably the bundled
    >version sold separately that would otherwise be bundled with something
    >the merchant sells.
    >
    >he should ask adobe for clarification.

    Which is exactly what I recommended.

    Why not try and provide the poster with helpful information in direct
    reply to his post? You're an expert in all fields, and should be able
    to do this. Instead, you erroneously provide a bullshit argument to
    what others post.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, May 12, 2013
  6. David Hare-Scott

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Tony Cooper
    <> wrote:

    > >> What I find is Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Mass Merchant Attach (bundle
    > >> version). In the US, the "Premiere" program is a program for used for
    > >> video, not still photography. Here's what "Premiere Elements 11"
    > >> does:
    > >> http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html It retails in
    > >> the US for US$79.99, but is available for less than that at other
    > >> sources.
    > >>
    > >> Elements 11, without the "Premiere" designation, is the program used
    > >> for still photographs.

    > >he said he wants photoshop elements. did you not see where he said
    > >'photoshop elements 11' in the second sentence?

    > Oh, dear. Another argument-just-for-argument from nospam, and wrong
    > as usual. No surprise.

    nothing about what i said was wrong.

    > I said "What I find is..." and what I found was Adobe Premiere
    > Elements 11 at Australian sites when I Googled (Adobe 65207557).

    then you need to learn how to google.

    when i googled adobe 65207557, i got over 5000 hits. every single hit
    on the first page were *all* photoshop. every. single. one.

    here are a few of those links:

    ADOBE 65207557 Photoshop Elements 11 MP Attach
    <http://www.betterit.com.au/Scripts/prodview.asp?idproduct=1257969>

    Photoshop Elements 11 Mulitple Platform Mass Merchant Attach/bundle
    Part Number 65207557
    <http://www.ota.com.au/SOFTWARE/Digital-Imaging-and-Signage-Software/Ado
    be-65207557-Photoshop-Elements11-MP-MassMerch-Attach-1994542.html>

    Adobe - 65207557 PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS11 MP MASSMERCH ATTACH
    <http://www.hboutlet.com.au/catalog/adobe-65207557-photoshop-elements11-
    mp-massmerch-attach-p-444994.html>

    > >you really need to work on your reading skills.

    > You *did* read the Adobe number, didn't you? And that he is in
    > Australia?

    of course.

    looks like it's you who didn't read the number, because the number is
    for photoshop, not premiere.

    > What he wants is probably Adobe Elements 11 for still photography.
    > That's clear. What he might me getting is the Premiere video version.
    > "Might", though, since Australia's product identification terms may be
    > different.

    not probably. he specifically said photoshop in his initial query and
    gave the number for photoshop. see above.

    > What I encouraged is checking with Adobe to find out what, exactly,
    > the product is.

    as did i.

    > >> A bundled version is usually something less than the stand-alone
    > >> version.

    > >no it isn't. a bundled version is the same as the retail version, but
    > >with an not-for-resale label. it may also come with a different level
    > >of support than the standalone copy.

    > Just on the face of it "a different level of support" makes it
    > something less.

    nope. it's exactly the same software.

    > However, some bundled products are abbreviated
    > versions of the retail product. My Wacom table came with Nik
    > software, but - I found out when using it - it was a severely
    > abbreviated version of the Nik software. Far fewer choices, but the
    > Wacom advertisement did not tell me this. I now have the full Nik
    > package, but bought separately.
    >
    > Nero bundled programs were often less than the retail program, but
    > gave you the ability to upgrade (at a price) to the full version.
    > Wacom has offered Elements as a bundle, but a not-the-current version.
    > I don't know what today's offering is. They just say "Elements".

    that's nice. this isn't about nik or nero.

    photoshop elements retail is *identical* to elements bundled. i worked
    on a product that bundled it. you would be surprised at how much it
    costs to bundle it too.

    > You can't assume that a bundled program is the full version or the
    > latest version. It might be, but it might not.

    i don't need to assume it, i *know* it. see above.

    > Additionally, some bundled programs do not work on all OS levels. It
    > may not work on Windows 8, but may be advertised as the Windows
    > version.

    elements 11 works on windows 8.
    <http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/tech-specs.html>

    > And, some software that is bundled with a computer will not install on
    > a new computer even if you have the installation disk. That's
    > different from the retail version of the same product. That makes you
    > wonder if a bundled version bought separately - as the poster is doing
    > - is going to work.

    not an issue with elements.

    it's possible that they shouldn't be selling it separately, but that's
    a different issue. that's an eula violation.

    > They are not always "the same".

    this is about photoshop elements, which is the same.

    > >the 'mass merchant attached bundled version' is probably the bundled
    > >version sold separately that would otherwise be bundled with something
    > >the merchant sells.
    > >
    > >he should ask adobe for clarification.

    > Which is exactly what I recommended.

    as did i.

    > Why not try and provide the poster with helpful information in direct
    > reply to his post? You're an expert in all fields, and should be able
    > to do this. Instead, you erroneously provide a bullshit argument to
    > what others post.

    nothing erroneous or bullshit about what i wrote.

    you, on the other hand googled the wrong product, rambled about
    something he wasn't asking about and erroneously claimed that bundled
    elements is different.
    nospam, May 12, 2013
  7. David Hare-Scott

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:37:51 -0400, nospam <>
    wrote:

    >> Oh, dear. Another argument-just-for-argument from nospam, and wrong
    >> as usual. No surprise.

    >nothing about what i said was wrong.
    >
    >> I said "What I find is..." and what I found was Adobe Premiere
    >> Elements 11 at Australian sites when I Googled (Adobe 65207557).

    >then you need to learn how to google.
    >
    >when i googled adobe 65207557, i got over 5000 hits. every single hit
    >on the first page were *all* photoshop.

    Photoshop?

    >> You *did* read the Adobe number, didn't you? And that he is in
    >> Australia?

    >of course.
    >
    >looks like it's you who didn't read the number, because the number is
    >for photoshop, not premiere.
    >
    >> What he wants is probably Adobe Elements 11 for still photography.
    >> That's clear. What he might me getting is the Premiere video version.
    >> "Might", though, since Australia's product identification terms may be
    >> different.

    >not probably. he specifically said photoshop

    Photoshop?

    >in his initial query and
    >gave the number for photoshop. see above.
    >
    >> What I encouraged is checking with Adobe to find out what, exactly,
    >> the product is.

    >as did i.

    >> >no it isn't. a bundled version is the same as the retail version, but
    >> >with an not-for-resale label. it may also come with a different level
    >> >of support than the standalone copy.

    >> Just on the face of it "a different level of support" makes it
    >> something less.

    >nope. it's exactly the same software.

    Weasel. Big weasel. Without the same level of support, it's a
    different deal.

    >> However, some bundled products are abbreviated
    >> versions of the retail product. My Wacom table came with Nik
    >> software, but - I found out when using it - it was a severely
    >> abbreviated version of the Nik software. Far fewer choices, but the
    >> Wacom advertisement did not tell me this. I now have the full Nik
    >> package, but bought separately.
    >>
    >> Nero bundled programs were often less than the retail program, but
    >> gave you the ability to upgrade (at a price) to the full version.
    >> Wacom has offered Elements as a bundle, but a not-the-current version.
    >> I don't know what today's offering is. They just say "Elements".

    >that's nice. this isn't about nik or nero.

    It's about bundled products, and I said that a bundled product may not
    be the same as the retail version and cited Nero and Nik as examples
    I've encountered.

    It doesn't make your case to fabricate statements. I said nothing
    specific about bundled Elements other than some bundled Elements are
    not-the-current version.

    >photoshop elements retail is *identical* to elements bundled.

    Previously, examples were cited where the bundled version was not the
    current version.

    >> Additionally, some bundled programs do not work on all OS levels. It
    >> may not work on Windows 8, but may be advertised as the Windows
    >> version.

    >elements 11 works on windows 8.
    ><http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/tech-specs.html>

    Did I say "some"?

    >this is about photoshop elements, which is the same.

    What is "photoshop elements"? I know about Adobe Elements, but
    Photoshop is a different program.

    >> >the 'mass merchant attached bundled version' is probably the bundled
    >> >version sold separately that would otherwise be bundled with something
    >> >the merchant sells.
    >> >
    >> >he should ask adobe for clarification.

    >> Which is exactly what I recommended.

    >as did i.

    Not to him.

    >you, on the other hand googled the wrong product, rambled about
    >something he wasn't asking about and erroneously claimed that bundled
    >elements is different.

    I get pages like this:
    http://www.getprice.com.au/graphics-multimedia.htm
    which list Premiere as well as the regular Elements 11.

    Not being familiar with the Australian market, it's enough for me to
    caution him.

    You, on the other hand, have nothing helpful to offer.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, May 12, 2013
  8. David Hare-Scott

    nospam Guest

    In article <2013051208261138165-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    > >> this is about photoshop elements, which is the same.

    > > What is "photoshop elements"? I know about Adobe Elements, but
    > > Photoshop is a different program.

    > Actually it is "Adobe Photoshop Elements" or PSE.
    > < http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html >

    it's also 'adobe photoshop lightroom', but almost nobody calls it that.
    <http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html>
    nospam, May 12, 2013
  9. David Hare-Scott

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Tony Cooper
    <> wrote:

    > >> I said "What I find is..." and what I found was Adobe Premiere
    > >> Elements 11 at Australian sites when I Googled (Adobe 65207557).

    > >then you need to learn how to google.
    > >
    > >when i googled adobe 65207557, i got over 5000 hits. every single hit
    > >on the first page were *all* photoshop.

    > Photoshop?

    yes, and i pasted 3 links. i'm not going to paste all 5000.

    you need to learn how to google.

    > >> You *did* read the Adobe number, didn't you? And that he is in
    > >> Australia?

    > >of course.
    > >
    > >looks like it's you who didn't read the number, because the number is
    > >for photoshop, not premiere.
    > >
    > >> What he wants is probably Adobe Elements 11 for still photography.
    > >> That's clear. What he might me getting is the Premiere video version.
    > >> "Might", though, since Australia's product identification terms may be
    > >> different.

    > >not probably. he specifically said photoshop

    > Photoshop?

    yes

    he said:
    > >Most vendors offer it for about $120 (AU). One is offering "Photoshop
    > >Elements 11 MP Attach ( ADOBE 65207557 )" for $35.

    he is clearly asking about photoshop, not premiere, and the part number
    he gave confirms that.

    > >> Just on the face of it "a different level of support" makes it
    > >> something less.

    > >nope. it's exactly the same software.

    > Weasel. Big weasel. Without the same level of support, it's a
    > different deal.

    no weasel at all. the contents of the disc is identical. that makes it
    the *same*. do an md5 hash on it.

    the label on the surface may say nfr or bundled or maybe have a
    different art design (i'm not going to dig up mine), but that's about
    it.

    it's *exactly* the same software.

    the support thing is a non-issue. have you ever called adobe for a
    photoshop question? plus he's in australia. it's not like it's a local
    call. there's also plenty of support in online forums or from books.

    it is you who is weaseling.

    > >> However, some bundled products are abbreviated
    > >> versions of the retail product. My Wacom table came with Nik
    > >> software, but - I found out when using it - it was a severely
    > >> abbreviated version of the Nik software. Far fewer choices, but the
    > >> Wacom advertisement did not tell me this. I now have the full Nik
    > >> package, but bought separately.
    > >>
    > >> Nero bundled programs were often less than the retail program, but
    > >> gave you the ability to upgrade (at a price) to the full version.
    > >> Wacom has offered Elements as a bundle, but a not-the-current version.
    > >> I don't know what today's offering is. They just say "Elements".

    > >that's nice. this isn't about nik or nero.

    > It's about bundled products, and I said that a bundled product may not
    > be the same as the retail version and cited Nero and Nik as examples
    > I've encountered.

    in general that's true. however, this isn't a general discussion.

    it is specifically about photoshop elements, one version of which may
    be a bundled version. it is not about nik or nero or anything else.

    > It doesn't make your case to fabricate statements. I said nothing
    > specific about bundled Elements other than some bundled Elements are
    > not-the-current version.

    i'm not fabricating a thing, and since he is considering buying the
    latest version, older versions are not relevant.

    he isn't buying a wacom tablet and hoping to get the latest version. he
    is trying to buy it directly from a seller, where it specifically says
    v.11.

    > >photoshop elements retail is *identical* to elements bundled.

    > Previously, examples were cited where the bundled version was not the
    > current version.

    of unrelated products.

    > >> Additionally, some bundled programs do not work on all OS levels. It
    > >> may not work on Windows 8, but may be advertised as the Windows
    > >> version.

    > >elements 11 works on windows 8.
    > ><http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/tech-specs.html>

    > Did I say "some"?

    the original post was about photoshop elements 11, which runs on
    windows 8. period.

    whether *other* software runs on windows 8 or not is irrelevant. he
    wasn't asking about any of that.

    your bringing it up only serves to confuse him.

    > >this is about photoshop elements, which is the same.

    > What is "photoshop elements"? I know about Adobe Elements, but
    > Photoshop is a different program.

    what cave have you been living in?

    photoshop elements is the consumer version of photoshop. previously it
    was called photoshop le.

    if you don't understand that much, then you aren't in a position to be
    giving advice.

    > >> Which is exactly what I recommended.

    > >as did i.

    > Not to him.

    yes it was to him, although it was in a reply to you after you rambled
    about products he did not ask about.

    > >you, on the other hand googled the wrong product, rambled about
    > >something he wasn't asking about and erroneously claimed that bundled
    > >elements is different.

    > I get pages like this:
    > http://www.getprice.com.au/graphics-multimedia.htm
    > which list Premiere as well as the regular Elements 11.

    if you watch the url bar, you'll see that the link on google redirects
    to a more general page. that means the original hit was to a page that
    no longer exists, so you get a page that is what they think you were
    looking for. sometimes it's the same product category and sometimes
    it's the main page of the seller.

    many of those links do *not* redirect. i posted 3 such links that are
    specifically for photoshop elements, *with* the given product number.
    this confirms that the number he gave was for photoshop elements.

    you're wrong. period.

    > Not being familiar with the Australian market, it's enough for me to
    > caution him.

    i'm sure he realizes that premiere elements is different than photoshop
    elements. just about everyone does.

    > You, on the other hand, have nothing helpful to offer.

    wrong again.
    nospam, May 12, 2013
  10. David Hare-Scott

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sun, 12 May 2013 12:17:07 -0400, nospam <>
    wrote:

    >in general that's true. however, this isn't a general discussion.

    What's this? You think you control what is to be discussed? A thread
    here is whatever the participants decide to post.

    If we wanted a monitored group, we'd go to a monitored group.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, May 12, 2013
  11. David Hare-Scott

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Tony Cooper
    <> wrote:

    > >in general that's true. however, this isn't a general discussion.

    > What's this? You think you control what is to be discussed? A thread
    > here is whatever the participants decide to post.
    >
    > If we wanted a monitored group, we'd go to a monitored group.

    the original poster asked specifically about photoshop elements.

    he didn't ask about the general case.
    nospam, May 12, 2013
  12. David Hare-Scott

    RichA Guest

    On May 11, 10:29 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 5/11/2013 9:47 PM, David Hare-Scott wrote:> I am considering buying Elements 11.  It seems to come in several forms.
    >
    > > Most vendors offer it for about $120 (AU).  One is offering "Photoshop
    > > Elements 11 MP Attach ( ADOBE 65207557 )" for $35.

    > > I have worked out that "MP" means multiplatform, which is not important..

    > > "Attach" seems to be "Mass merchant attached bundle".  What does that
    > > mean? Am I getting the full product?  What's the catch?

    > You could be buying pirated software. Aside from the legal and moral
    > issues, quite often pirated software contains worms that can,at best,
    > wreak havoc on your machine.At worst, steal all your passwords and aid
    > in the theft of your identity. If something is priced way below market,
    > there's a reason, and it may not benefit the purchaser as much as the
    > seller.
    >
    > --
    > PeterN

    Just wait. Once it becomes a cloud rental program, they'll be
    downloading commercials to you every other day.
    RichA, May 12, 2013
  13. David Hare-Scott

    nospam Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > Just wait. Once it becomes a cloud rental program, they'll be
    > downloading commercials to you every other day.

    no they won't.
    nospam, May 12, 2013
  14. First my newsserver seems to be playing up as I clearly don't have all the
    posts in this thread (including my original) so I am replying to first I can
    get hold of. This is nothing personal about Tony Cooper or his
    contribution.

    OK some clarification. I know the difference between full Photoshop,
    Elements, Element Premiere etc. I want Adobe Photoshop Elements version 11
    for still photography.

    I am in Australia. The exact price is not important. I want to know why one
    version is a third of the price of the other in the same market. What is
    meant by 'attach' or 'mass merchant attached bundle' in this context. I
    have searched the Adobe site and there nothing to clarify that I can find.
    In the context of software 'bundle' usually means you get something cheaper
    if you buy another product with it. None of the merchants I have checked
    offering this (and there are a few) care to explain what else is in the
    bundle is or if in fact it is a bundle at all. I begin to suspect that it
    is a copy that was licensed to be bundled with a larger purchase (eg a
    camera) that is now being offered alone. Whether Adobe would be happy with
    that I don't know.

    I was hoping that somebody would actually know the answer and save me
    guessing. Anybody?

    David
    David Hare-Scott, May 13, 2013
  15. David Hare-Scott

    nospam Guest

    In article <kmpbrv$3mr$>, David Hare-Scott
    <> wrote:

    > First my newsserver seems to be playing up as I clearly don't have all the
    > posts in this thread (including my original) so I am replying to first I can
    > get hold of. This is nothing personal about Tony Cooper or his
    > contribution.
    >
    > OK some clarification. I know the difference between full Photoshop,
    > Elements, Element Premiere etc. I want Adobe Photoshop Elements version 11
    > for still photography.

    that much was clear, except to one person.

    > I am in Australia. The exact price is not important. I want to know why one
    > version is a third of the price of the other in the same market. What is
    > meant by 'attach' or 'mass merchant attached bundle' in this context. I
    > have searched the Adobe site and there nothing to clarify that I can find.
    > In the context of software 'bundle' usually means you get something cheaper
    > if you buy another product with it. None of the merchants I have checked
    > offering this (and there are a few) care to explain what else is in the
    > bundle is or if in fact it is a bundle at all. I begin to suspect that it
    > is a copy that was licensed to be bundled with a larger purchase (eg a
    > camera) that is now being offered alone.

    i've never heard the term attach or mass merchant attached. are there
    other products using either term in australia?

    in any event, it's probably a bundled version being resold standalone,
    as you suspect.

    > Whether Adobe would be happy with
    > that I don't know.

    not likely, if it's a version intended to be bundled with hardware.

    > I was hoping that somebody would actually know the answer and save me
    > guessing. Anybody?

    ask adobe directly for an authoritative answer.
    nospam, May 13, 2013
  16. David Hare-Scott

    Mayayana Guest

    | I begin to suspect that it
    | is a copy that was licensed to be bundled with a larger purchase (eg a
    | camera) that is now being offered alone.

    That seems likely. It's common to sell things cheaper
    by splitting them up. There was a court challenge to that
    in the US many years ago. Buycheapsoftware.com was
    challenged by someone. Maybe Microsoft, but I'm not
    sure. They were splitting up program disks that were meant
    to come in one package and selling them separately. For
    instance, selling the Visual C++, VB, and documentation disks
    separately from a Visual Studio package.

    | Whether Adobe would be happy with
    | that I don't know.

    Buycheapsoftware won their case, but I don't know
    how that applies to Australian law. "Mass Merchant Attach"
    seems to be specific to Australia. And that still doesn't
    answer whether the "bundle" version is fully functional.
    In the example above, for instance, someone buying the
    VC++ disk was getting a full, usable, legal product, but
    without the help files that may or may not have come
    with a VC++ retail product.
    Mayayana, May 13, 2013
  17. David Hare-Scott

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Mon, 13 May 2013 10:24:27 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"
    <> wrote:

    >First my newsserver seems to be playing up as I clearly don't have all the
    >posts in this thread (including my original) so I am replying to first I can
    >get hold of. This is nothing personal about Tony Cooper or his
    >contribution.
    >
    >OK some clarification. I know the difference between full Photoshop,
    >Elements, Element Premiere etc. I want Adobe Photoshop Elements version 11
    >for still photography.

    I assumed that this is what you want, but pointed out that the
    listings I saw did not indicate, for sure, that this is what you'd
    get. I simply encouraged some caution and the need to check with
    Adobe.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, May 13, 2013
  18. David Hare-Scott

    nospam Guest

    In article <kmpd7o$kkp$>, Mayayana
    <> wrote:

    > | I begin to suspect that it
    > | is a copy that was licensed to be bundled with a larger purchase (eg a
    > | camera) that is now being offered alone.
    >
    > That seems likely. It's common to sell things cheaper
    > by splitting them up. There was a court challenge to that
    > in the US many years ago. Buycheapsoftware.com was
    > challenged by someone. Maybe Microsoft, but I'm not
    > sure. They were splitting up program disks that were meant
    > to come in one package and selling them separately. For
    > instance, selling the Visual C++, VB, and documentation disks
    > separately from a Visual Studio package.

    i can't find anything about a lawsuit involving buycheapsoftware.com

    however, i am finding a slew of reports about how much they rip off
    customers.

    it looks like the lawsuit you might be thinking of is softman v. adobe:
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SoftMan_Products_Co._v._Adobe_Systems_Inc.>
    nospam, May 13, 2013
  19. David Hare-Scott

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 12 May 2013 14:01:16 -0400, nospam <> wrote:
    : In article
    : <>,
    : RichA <> wrote:
    :
    : > Just wait. Once it becomes a cloud rental program, they'll be
    : > downloading commercials to you every other day.
    :
    : no they won't.

    What's with you this week, nospam? Are you in a competition for recognition as
    Adobe's No. 1 Shill?

    Bob
    Robert Coe, May 13, 2013
  20. David Hare-Scott

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Robert Coe
    <> wrote:

    > : > Just wait. Once it becomes a cloud rental program, they'll be
    > : > downloading commercials to you every other day.
    > :
    > : no they won't.
    >
    > What's with you this week, nospam? Are you in a competition for recognition as
    > Adobe's No. 1 Shill?

    i'm not shilling for anyone.

    adobe is not going to force commercials on paying users. it's stupid on
    its face and just more of the usual rich a. idiocy.
    nospam, May 13, 2013