buying a wireless router modem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by colouredFunk, Mar 11, 2007.

  1. colouredFunk

    colouredFunk Guest

    Hey,

    I need to buy a wireless router with built in modem.

    I've had a look around but I don't really know what is what.

    Can anyone give me some pointers.

    I need it to be as fast as possible via wireless, and a few ethernet
    connections.

    Some have a Wireless Access Point - what's that?

    Do any routers have the capability to have a external harddrive
    plugged in?

    These are the ones I;m looking at -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss...lias=aps&field-keywords=wireless router modem

    - but I don't know the different to a £40 one to a £100 one.,

    Thanks in advance!

    colouredFunk, Mar 11, 2007