    All good wishes,
    Guy

    , Mar 29, 2005

  2. [BnH] Guest

    You will want warranty of one form or another.
    With 300D shutter failing at around 20k frames ... I guess you want at least
    1 year warranty.

    If you really want, just look in eBAY.com .. and grab one from those HK
    dealers and ask them to ship to the country of your destination.

    =bob=

    [BnH], Mar 29, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > I want to buy a Canon D Rebel XT and will be taking it outside the US,
    > permanently - so no use for the US warranty.
    > 1. Would it be wise then to get a gray market camera? And where is
    > there a good dealer for gray market (online outside NY, or bricks and
    > mortar in NYC) ?
    > 2. Otherwise, I read that "if you know where to look" you can find the
    > (US) Rebel XT *kit* for $850. Where would that be?
    >
    > All good wishes,
    > Guy

    I would shoot for a gray market and the international warrantee.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 29, 2005