    work? If it does, what processor will work with the moderation? I heard
    someone saying that it would workonly with Thoroughbred 2200+, but that's
    the thing I don't know. I hope someone here knows.
    Xenoni, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Hi.

    Check this out before you do anything.
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/e_ser...tyleid=1&sid=676b42d3f7e141b7d60876cb4eefc45b

    Cheers

    "Xenoni" <> wrote in message
    news:biphpr$ffb$...
    > I'm buying a new processor to my MSI K7T266 Pro2 motherboard and I know it
    > should only support AMD processors up to 2100+ Palomino, but I got this

    tip
    > that I could use Thoroughbred processors too (maybe even Bartons, I really
    > don't know). It said something about taking condensator C37 off. But will

    it

    Kim And John Holtz, Aug 30, 2003

  3. Xenoni

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:55:56 +0300, B.Al.Zeebub witnessed another prime
    example of Darwinism when he read:

    > but I got this tip
    > that I could use Thoroughbred processors too (maybe even Bartons, I really
    > don't know). It said something about taking condensator C37 off. But will it
    > work? If it does, what processor will work with the moderation?

    Repeat after me:
    I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    B.Al.Zeebub, Aug 30, 2003
  4. Xenoni

    Xenoni Guest

    why? ;)

    Xenoni, Aug 30, 2003
  5. Xenoni

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:15:10 +0300, B.Al.Zeebub witnessed another prime
    example of Darwinism when he read:

    > why? ;)

    Because if you want a quick performance boost you are better off
    increasing the RAM available to your system. Increasing CPU cycles from
    2Ghz to 2.2Ghz won't really be that noticable. Increasing CPU cycles from
    500Mhz to 1.5Ghz will be noticeable, as would an increase from 1.5Ghz to
    3.0Ghz. Then there's the FSB of the processor, ATA of your hard drive,
    architecture of the motherboard to consider, and your Operating System
    which can be tweaked to improve performance. Go to the two links below for
    technical info on MSI motherboards and AMD processors. Use Google to find
    performance tweaks for your OS. Take your RAM out to the max your
    motherboard will support.

    http://tinyurl.com/lowe

    http://tinyurl.com/lowj
    B.Al.Zeebub, Aug 30, 2003
  6. Xenoni

    Mike0000 Guest

    Good advice, also benchmark your hard drive and compare it to new ones on
    the market. Drive performance and RAM will make all the difference unless
    your computer renders 3D all day. The biggest performance upgrade on this
    machine was upgrading an old 5400 disk to a modern 7200 rpm drive with 8
    megs of cache. I went from a 750mhz Duron to a 1.4 mhz Duron and don't see
    it unless I'm encoding video or audio.

    --
    Mike

    Block web ads
    http://everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    Mike0000, Aug 30, 2003
  7. Xenoni

    Patrick Guest

    B.Al.Zeebub wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:55:56 +0300, B.Al.Zeebub witnessed another
    > prime example of Darwinism when he read:
    >
    >> but I got this tip
    >> that I could use Thoroughbred processors too (maybe even Bartons, I
    >> really don't know). It said something about taking condensator C37
    >> off. But will it work? If it does, what processor will work with the
    >> moderation?

    > Repeat after me:
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.
    > I will not attempt to modify my motherboard.

    BARTon (geddit)
    Patrick, Aug 30, 2003