buying a computer...advise please

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Montenegro, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. Montenegro

    Montenegro Guest

    I want to buy a new computer... I saw stuff in Best Buy and Future Shop. I
    want only the tower, and I don't need too much goodies. My needs are mostly
    in the audio files /wav/ editing. I am a composer.
    I need a new software for music that you can only install in one computer.
    So, since my old computer is old enough, I thought of upgrading.
    My budget: $700.00 canadians (i live in toronto)
    I know my music programs perfectly... I don't know anything about computers.

    MY OLD COMPUTER:
    ..Seanix. 250 ram. 30 gig memory. Windows 98 se
    ..works fine... a bit slow processing wave files, but i am not in a hurry.
    ..the burner is starting to have many errors.
    ..A few crashes here and there...

    THE NEW ONE:
    I saw a Seanix for 700. 520 ram and lots of memory, in BEst buy
    Another one HP in future shop, around the same price, and same specs.
    In Summit Direct they gave me a price around $500 CN, for a custom built
    computer, but the mother board had a funny brand that I haven't heard...

    Is brand important, I mean HP is well know brand. Seanix is a Canadian brand
    not that popular... and the ones at Summit Direct store were even completelu
    unknown brands

    So, I need and advice....

    Smith

    Montenegro, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Montenegro

    philo Guest

    philo, Feb 14, 2005

  3. philo wrote:

    > Montenegro wrote:
    >
    >> I want to buy a new computer... I saw stuff in Best Buy and Future
    >> Shop. I
    >> want only the tower, and I don't need too much goodies. My needs are
    >> mostly
    >> in the audio files /wav/ editing. I am a composer.
    >> I need a new software for music that you can only install in one
    >> computer.
    >> So, since my old computer is old enough, I thought of upgrading.
    >> My budget: $700.00 canadians (i live in toronto)
    >> I know my music programs perfectly... I don't know anything about
    >> computers.
    >>
    >> MY OLD COMPUTER:
    >> .Seanix. 250 ram. 30 gig memory. Windows 98 se
    >> .works fine... a bit slow processing wave files, but i am not in a hurry.
    >> .the burner is starting to have many errors.
    >> .A few crashes here and there...
    >>
    >> THE NEW ONE:
    >> I saw a Seanix for 700. 520 ram and lots of memory, in BEst buy
    >> Another one HP in future shop, around the same price, and same specs.
    >> In Summit Direct they gave me a price around $500 CN, for a custom built
    >> computer, but the mother board had a funny brand that I haven't heard...
    >>
    >> Is brand important, I mean HP is well know brand. Seanix is a Canadian
    >> brand
    >> not that popular... and the ones at Summit Direct store were even
    >> completelu
    >> unknown brands
    >>
    >> So, I need and advice....
    >>
    >> Smith
    >>

    > http://www.resellerratings.com/seller65.html

    The most recent review is 5 years old, for a 233MHz.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Montenegro

    Guest

    My advice to you? Email me - I'll throw together a spec sheet - which
    will include everything you need - within your budget. But I need to
    know exactly what you're looking for in the system (ie: do you need a
    monitor, printer, etc...)

    , Feb 14, 2005