Buying a camera in America, International warranty?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Casper Budtz, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Casper Budtz

    Casper Budtz Guest

    Hi,

    Sorry for this slightly off topic posting but I'm sure there'll be
    someone on this list who can answer it my question:

    I live in Europe and am looking to buy a Canon Powershot G3. Cheapest
    I can find online in Europe: $635 - cheapest in the states
    (http://www.digitalliquidatrs.com/detail.asp?pid=cnpsg3): $389 -
    that's a big difference!

    Now, an American friend of mine is coming over to visit me and
    obviously I am thinking of having her bring one over. But what are the
    rules with respect to warranty? Will a USA warranty card do me any
    good in Ireland? Or do I need to ask specifically for an international
    warranty – is that at all possible? Maybe at a higher price?

    Thanks,

    Casper

    Casper Budtz, Aug 19, 2003