Buyer Beware:TV Addicts/DVDAvenue

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Derek Janssen, Aug 13, 2007.

  1. route66 wrote:
    > Fellow Traders:
    > Beware of buying anything from the Canadian Company advertised as TV Addicts
    > or DVDAvenue.TV
    > I purchased a complete set of the original TV series Mission Impossible this
    > February and in March I notified them of several disc problems:
    > 1 - was half filled, it stopped half way into the disc
    > 1 - is a duplicate disc of another
    > 1 - is blank
    > 2 - video is jerky with stop/start action and credits are cut off

    Have you tried buying the actual legitimate seasons from Amazon.ca?
    http://www.amazon.ca/Mission-Impossible-Complete-First-Season/dp/B000HWZ4HU
    http://www.amazon.ca/Mission-Impossible-Season-2/dp/B000NOIX66

    Derek Janssen (no problems encountered so far)
    Derek Janssen, Aug 13, 2007

  2. Derek Janssen

    route66 Guest

    Fellow Traders:
    Beware of buying anything from the Canadian Company advertised as TV Addicts
    or DVDAvenue.TV
    I purchased a complete set of the original TV series Mission Impossible this
    February and in March I notified them of several disc problems:
    1 - was half filled, it stopped half way into the disc
    1 - is a duplicate disc of another
    1 - is blank
    2 - video is jerky with stop/start action and credits are cut off
    It is now August and after all kinds of excuses as "the series is
    overbooked", "we are out of stock", etc. I still have not received the
    promised replacement discs they said they would send.
    It takes about 7-10 days for an answer and when they do they don't answer my
    specific questions, other than to have patience.
    What's noticeable is that they are still selling the Mission Impossible
    series presumably with the problems I've encountered to other unsuspecting
    buyers.
    Last week, after 5 months, they told me to wait for an e-mail with a
    tracking number.
    If anyone wants to see my trail of e-mails you can write me at
    route66, Aug 27, 2007