Buyer Beware Tiger direct.ca

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by killer kain, Mar 16, 2006.

  1. killer kain

    killer kain Guest

    I ordered a 32 inch LCD TV (NIKO) on March 7th, 2006 through
    tigerdirect.ca. My online account information said that the TV had been
    shipped on March 10th, 2006 via UPS. I called on March 14, 2006 to get
    progress information on my order and was told that the LCD TV had been
    shipped and should arrive on Wednesday March 15th. I called Wednesday
    March 15th to be told that the TV had NEVER shipped and that Tiger
    Direct would credit my VISA card. By the way their web site states "We
    DO NOT CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT until we have SHIPPED your order". Well so
    much for their policies because my VISA card was charged even though
    nothing was shipped. There was no other compensation offered (ie. a
    substitute LCD TV of equal quality). There was absolutely no compromise
    even though Tiger Direct screwed up. Tiger Direct Canada is blantantly
    not honouring their sales committments to their customers. I spoke to a
    Fran Maxwell who said that "she was the end of the line". In so many
    words she said, too bad, we don't give a s$%# about you. A very
    frustrating experience. I'm posting here to warn other people about
    Tiger Direct's questionable sales practices and hope that if I've
    discouraged even one person from buying from them, then I've gotten a
    little bit of satisfaction.
    I've made a report to the Better Business Bureau here in Ontario CANADA
    ..
    BUYER BEWARE!!

    killer kain, Mar 16, 2006

  2. killer kain

    Rudy Benner Guest

    http://www.bbbmwo.ca/commonreport.html?bid=1085183

    Rudy Benner, Mar 16, 2006

  3. killer kain wrote:
    > I ordered a 32 inch LCD TV (NIKO) on March 7th, 2006 through
    > tigerdirect.ca. My online account information said that the TV had
    > been shipped on March 10th, 2006 via UPS. I called on March 14, 2006
    > to get progress information on my order and was told that the LCD TV
    > had been shipped and should arrive on Wednesday March 15th. I called
    > Wednesday March 15th to be told that the TV had NEVER shipped and
    > that Tiger Direct would credit my VISA card. By the way their web
    > site states "We DO NOT CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT until we have SHIPPED your
    > order". Well so much for their policies because my VISA card was
    > charged even though nothing was shipped. There was no other
    > compensation offered (ie. a substitute LCD TV of equal quality).
    > There was absolutely no compromise even though Tiger Direct screwed
    > up. Tiger Direct Canada is blantantly not honouring their sales
    > committments to their customers. I spoke to a Fran Maxwell who said
    > that "she was the end of the line". In so many words she said, too
    > bad, we don't give a s$%# about you. A very frustrating experience.
    > I'm posting here to warn other people about Tiger Direct's
    > questionable sales practices and hope that if I've discouraged even
    > one person from buying from them, then I've gotten a little bit of
    > satisfaction.
    > I've made a report to the Better Business Bureau here in Ontario
    > CANADA .
    > BUYER BEWARE!!

    My guess is that the company is probably an internet site and is being run
    from a garage or garden shed.

    There are hundreds of such companies around, and as for the product, they
    have never seen it. Your LCD TV is probably still in Taiwan.

    Trouble is, the faster you close them down, the more they proliferate.

    Dennis.

    Dennis Pogson, Mar 16, 2006
  4. killer kain

    Rich Guest

    On 15 Mar 2006 19:12:22 -0800, "killer kain"
    <> wrote:

    >I ordered a 32 inch LCD TV (NIKO) on March 7th, 2006 through
    >tigerdirect.ca. My online account information said that the TV had been
    >shipped on March 10th, 2006 via UPS. I called on March 14, 2006 to get
    >progress information on my order and was told that the LCD TV had been
    >shipped and should arrive on Wednesday March 15th. I called Wednesday
    >March 15th to be told that the TV had NEVER shipped and that Tiger
    >Direct would credit my VISA card. By the way their web site states "We
    >DO NOT CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT until we have SHIPPED your order". Well so
    >much for their policies because my VISA card was charged even though
    >nothing was shipped. There was no other compensation offered (ie. a
    >substitute LCD TV of equal quality). There was absolutely no compromise
    >even though Tiger Direct screwed up. Tiger Direct Canada is blantantly
    >not honouring their sales committments to their customers. I spoke to a
    >Fran Maxwell who said that "she was the end of the line". In so many
    >words she said, too bad, we don't give a s$%# about you. A very
    >frustrating experience. I'm posting here to warn other people about
    >Tiger Direct's questionable sales practices and hope that if I've
    >discouraged even one person from buying from them, then I've gotten a
    >little bit of satisfaction.
    >I've made a report to the Better Business Bureau here in Ontario CANADA
    >.
    >BUYER BEWARE!!

    I suggest getting them to make you lick beer from their wooden floor,
    then assume your other personna and take them all out!
    "Killer Kain??!!"

    Rich, Mar 16, 2006
  5. killer kain

    Rich Guest

    On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:31:02 GMT, "Dennis Pogson"
    <> wrote:

    >killer kain wrote:
    >> I ordered a 32 inch LCD TV (NIKO) on March 7th, 2006 through
    >> tigerdirect.ca. My online account information said that the TV had
    >> been shipped on March 10th, 2006 via UPS. I called on March 14, 2006
    >> to get progress information on my order and was told that the LCD TV
    >> had been shipped and should arrive on Wednesday March 15th. I called
    >> Wednesday March 15th to be told that the TV had NEVER shipped and
    >> that Tiger Direct would credit my VISA card. By the way their web
    >> site states "We DO NOT CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT until we have SHIPPED your
    >> order". Well so much for their policies because my VISA card was
    >> charged even though nothing was shipped. There was no other
    >> compensation offered (ie. a substitute LCD TV of equal quality).
    >> There was absolutely no compromise even though Tiger Direct screwed
    >> up. Tiger Direct Canada is blantantly not honouring their sales
    >> committments to their customers. I spoke to a Fran Maxwell who said
    >> that "she was the end of the line". In so many words she said, too
    >> bad, we don't give a s$%# about you. A very frustrating experience.
    >> I'm posting here to warn other people about Tiger Direct's
    >> questionable sales practices and hope that if I've discouraged even
    >> one person from buying from them, then I've gotten a little bit of
    >> satisfaction.
    >> I've made a report to the Better Business Bureau here in Ontario
    >> CANADA .
    >> BUYER BEWARE!!

    >My guess is that the company is probably an internet site and is being run
    >from a garage or garden shed.
    >
    >There are hundreds of such companies around, and as for the product, they
    >have never seen it. Your LCD TV is probably still in Taiwan.
    >
    >Trouble is, the faster you close them down, the more they proliferate.
    >
    >Dennis.

    Well, part of it is. The other part are brick and mortar, a very
    popular store in Toronto. However, some people do not like
    them, and likely with good reason. I'd say the buyer is lucky
    because the LCDs they sell are GARBAGE! Low end junk.
    -Rich

    Rich, Mar 16, 2006
  6. killer kain

    Tony Guest

    Tiger Direct has been around since before Al Gore invented the internet.
    They've always been rather shoddy and slimy.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Mar 16, 2006
  7. killer kain

    Beach Runner Guest

    Tony wrote:

    > Tiger Direct has been around since before Al Gore invented the internet.
    > They've always been rather shoddy and slimy.

    My brother bought a computer for my folks from them. My father later
    drove it to them for service. He went back when they told him to, they
    said it had been worked on, but it was in exactly the same position in
    the box.

    Terrible quality and LIARS.

    A company that should go out of business.

    Beach Runner, Mar 16, 2006
  8. killer kain

    Mark Roberts Guest

    Mark Roberts, Mar 16, 2006
  9. killer kain

    Rudy Benner Guest

    Rudy Benner, Mar 16, 2006
  10. killer kain

    Guest

    TD is a well known company. they dont operate from a garage. This story
    is annoying but seems to me like a mistake was made, the money
    returned. what exactly does this angry Canadian want them to do?

    , Mar 17, 2006
  11. killer kain

    IRISH GENE Guest

    ive bouhgt 2 laptops, 3 flat screen monitors,1 tower(systemax ) 2 canon
    printers lots of paper and ink and have had no problrm with them.
    gene

    IRISH GENE, Mar 17, 2006
  12. killer kain

    NSN Guest

    When they first started up many many years ago there were a few
    problems. They have become one of the most reliable vendors in the US.
    I have purchased many items from them with never a problem. Two years
    ago one of their vendors failed to honor a warranty. TD paid the
    warranty out of their own pocket. I trust them completely.

    Norm

    NSN, Mar 18, 2006
  13. killer kain

    DFS Guest

    > When they first started up many many years ago there were a few
    > problems. They have become one of the most reliable vendors in the US.
    > I have purchased many items from them with never a problem. Two years
    > ago one of their vendors failed to honor a warranty. TD paid the
    > warranty out of their own pocket. I trust them completely.
    >
    > Norm

    Maybe not the worst, but based on newsgroup reports circulating about their
    practices, I'd give them far less than a stellar rating. Do a search in
    Google "groups" to see what folks are saying about them. I used to get
    their catalogs full of closeout items. Never ordered from them, and based
    on reports, can't imagine why I would ever consider it.

    ds

    DFS, Mar 18, 2006
  14. killer kain

    Jeremy Guest

    "DFS" <> wrote in message news:pd%Sf.394$Vx4.370@trnddc06...

    >> When they first started up many many years ago there were a few
    >> problems. They have become one of the most reliable vendors in the US.
    >> I have purchased many items from them with never a problem. Two years
    >> ago one of their vendors failed to honor a warranty. TD paid the
    >> warranty out of their own pocket. I trust them completely.
    >>
    >> Norm

    > Maybe not the worst, but based on newsgroup reports circulating about
    > their practices, I'd give them far less than a stellar rating. Do a
    > search in Google "groups" to see what folks are saying about them. I used
    > to get their catalogs full of closeout items. Never ordered from them,
    > and based on reports, can't imagine why I would ever consider it.
    >
    > ds

    I had two negative experiences with them in Florida--once they turned my
    credit card number over to a magazine subscription service in another state,
    and that company entered an automatically-renewing subscription in my name
    to "PC World" magazine and debited my card without my prior knowledge or
    consent. I had to file complaints with the attorneys general in New York
    and Florida to get them to reverse that transaction. They also were forced
    to change their unethical practices.

    In another incident, my wife got a catalog and called to order a computer.
    Tiger took her credit card info, immediately debited it for over $1100.00,
    and only then did they get around to disclosing that the item was not
    available yet, and that delivery would take 6 weeks. When my wife told them
    to forget it, they responded, essentially, "Too late! We already charged
    your card and it will take 10 days to give your money back!" She had to
    file a fraud complaint with the issuing bank and it took a week to get the
    refund from them.

    Strange that it took only a few seconds to raid her credit card account, but
    that they could not reverse it for at least ten days! The sales rep was
    obviously trained to get the card info before the customer even thought to
    confirm that the item was in stock. Mea culpa! We were foolish enough to
    "presume" that they would have told us that the computer was not available
    before taking our money!

    I will never deal with them again, regardless of how many people write that
    they've had no problems with them. In my eyes, Tiger is crooked. I've had
    two instances where they've abused my credit card, and that is enough for
    me. Computer stuff is available all over these days, and I can get what I
    need from other vendors, without having to endure Tiger's tactics.

    That's my story, and it is all first-hand information, not something I heard
    elsewhere and am repeating. Anyone wishing to deal with Tiger, after having
    heard of my experiences and those of many others that were burned, is
    welcome to proceed at their own peril.

    As for me, I still get Tiger's flyers, and they promptly are trashed. I
    don't even thumb through them. From the mailbox to the garbage--no tears,
    no scenes, no chance that they'll ever see another cent from me!

    Jeremy, Mar 18, 2006