    I'm very surprised the camera works OK but the battery doesn't - ever heard
    of anything like this?

    Dave
    Bugsy, Dec 7, 2003

  2. Bugsy wrote:
    > I'm very surprised the camera works OK but the battery doesn't - ever heard
    > of anything like this?

    I may get corrected on this but I thought I read somewhere that Lithium
    Ion batteres are particulary fragile when it comes to drops or shock.
    Andrew McDonald, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Bugsy

    Phil Guest

    Bugsy wrote:
    > I've got a Fuji 6800z which has done me good service in the last 2.5 years.
    > It uses proprietary batteries from Fuji and for that reason I bought two
    > extra ones, just in cases I didn't get a chance to charge them up.
    >
    > Today the camera fell out of my pocket and the battery which was in it is
    > now broke, although there doesn't appear to be any external damage. The
    > other batteries drive the dropped camera without any problems.
    >
    > I'm very surprised the camera works OK but the battery doesn't - ever heard
    > of anything like this?

    No ..you are very lucky!
    Phil, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Bugsy

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Heslop, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Bugsy

    Chris Doran Guest

    "Bugsy" <> wrote in message news:<bqvvm8$gvs$>...
    > I've got a Fuji 6800z which has done me good service in the last 2.5 years.
    > It uses proprietary batteries from Fuji and for that reason I bought two
    > extra ones, just in cases I didn't get a chance to charge them up.
    >
    > Today the camera fell out of my pocket and the battery which was in it is
    > now broke, although there doesn't appear to be any external damage. The
    > other batteries drive the dropped camera without any problems.
    >
    > I'm very surprised the camera works OK but the battery doesn't - ever heard
    > of anything like this?
    >
    > Dave

    A battery is, by definition, a number of connected individual "cells".
    Probably one or more of these internal connections has broken. You
    could prise the battery case open with a knife and resolder the break,
    but someone will warn that you risk releasing noxious chemicals (as
    well as cutting off a finger). A safer and simpler check you could
    make is that the metal contacts on the battery haven't got bent.

    Chris
    Chris Doran, Dec 8, 2003