    take flight again while I am sneaking up. I seem to have better luck on hot
    sunny days when there is no wind but I would welcome advice on time of day,
    weather, vegetation, anything.

    YDOD, Jul 4, 2010

  2. On 7/4/2010 9:15 AM, YDOD wrote:
    > Does anyone have any tips for photographing butterflies that they would
    > share? At present, I wait until I see one, I wait for it to settle and
    > then I try to sneak up on it, being careful not to let my shadow fall on
    > it. There are many problems with this method but the main ones are that
    > sometimes they do not settle, or they settle somewhere inaccessible or
    > they take flight again while I am sneaking up. I seem to have better
    > luck on hot sunny days when there is no wind but I would welcome advice
    > on time of day, weather, vegetation, anything.

    A longer focal length macro lens helps. A 100 or 180mm lens means you
    don't need to get as close. Also finding out what species of plant each
    kind of butterfly likes to sip from also helps as they stay at them
    longer. Getting up early in the day when it's still cool and the
    butterflies are moving slower also helps. A dark secret is that many of
    the best butterfly photos were made in the studio. They catch the
    butterfly and take an appropriate piece of plant material into the
    studio and set it up. They slow down the butterfly by putting it into a
    cooler for a while so that it moves very slow giving them lots of time
    to make the shot.

    John Passaneau

    John Passaneau, Jul 4, 2010

  3. YDOD

    Ken Walls Guest

    On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 07:15:04 -0600, "YDOD" <> wrote:

    >Does anyone have any tips for photographing butterflies that they would
    >share? At present, I wait until I see one, I wait for it to settle and then
    >I try to sneak up on it, being careful not to let my shadow fall on it.
    >There are many problems with this method but the main ones are that
    >sometimes they do not settle, or they settle somewhere inaccessible or they
    >take flight again while I am sneaking up. I seem to have better luck on hot
    >sunny days when there is no wind but I would welcome advice on time of day,
    >weather, vegetation, anything.

    For optics use a tele-macro configuration. Close-up filters on long zoom
    lenses. This gives you enough working room between lens and subject for the
    more skittish species. Practice your handheld skills, you'll need them at
    the long focal-lengths in use.

    Wear camo-patterned clothing and hat. You may not have a gun but you are
    hunting nonetheless. You have to get nearer to your photography subjects
    and use greater stealth tactics than any hunter would ever have to.
    (Wildlife photography is much more difficult than hunting.)

    Avoid bug-sprays or strong scents. Unscented DEET products can be used
    sparingly if needed. You can buy 99% DEET from the camping and sporting
    goods departments. A drop or two spread in the hands and lightly brushed on
    clothing, backs of hands, and face should suffice. Thoroughly clean it off
    the palms of your hands or you will end up melting and destroying most
    plastics and painted surfaces that you touch.

    Try to approach an insect from a direction where something just as dark
    colored as you are (relative to the sky), and of similar angular dimensions
    as you are, can be kept to your back. So you blend in with the forms and
    outlines that the insect is seeing and detecting. Blend in with the
    silhouettes behind you.

    In the late late afternoon, just before sunset, they will often find spots
    where sunlight is hitting a surface and will bask in that, always returning
    to the same spot many times. Watch for their basking spots and then remain
    there waiting. Be patient. You can be within a foot of their basking spot
    and as long as you remain motionless they'll return to it. An added benefit
    is the warm late sun enhances their warmer colors.

    If a settled butterfly refuses to open up its wings while you have it
    framed and focused you can momentarily, but slowly, cast a partial shadow
    on it to get it to open its wings and ready itself for flight. Sometimes
    just the approaching shadow is enough. Use this method with caution or they
    may just fly off altogether.

    If you become more dedicated to insect photography then also get some
    inexpensive knee and elbow protectors from a sporting-goods department (for
    bikers and skateboarders). These become invaluable when hunting insect
    species close to the ground. You can stalk a skittish insect as slowly and
    cautiously as you want in any kind of terrain. You won't reflexively flinch
    from putting a knee or elbow into a rock or twig, scaring the subject away.
    For low-flying butterflies like skippers and little blues and azures this
    might come in handy. This was the only way that I could obtain images of
    some rare carnivorous beetles one time. They only hunted in open sunny
    areas of gravel and would fly off at the slightest nearby motion. Due to
    their small size (5/8") I couldn't use tele-macro optics, I had to use a
    full macro lens only 3 inches from them. The knee and elbow pads finally
    did the trick for stalking them. I've since had to buy far fewer shirts and
    pants too. Knees and elbows aren't being torn up so much nor stained with
    mud and muck.

    Ken Walls, Jul 4, 2010
  4. YDOD

    Ken Walls Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 09:56:43 -0400, John Passaneau <> wrote:

    >A dark secret is that many of
    >the best butterfly photos were made in the studio. They catch the
    >butterfly and take an appropriate piece of plant material into the
    >studio and set it up. They slow down the butterfly by putting it into a
    >cooler for a while so that it moves very slow giving them lots of time
    >to make the shot.

    An undark secret is that I can spot those contrived photos using artificial
    lighting every time. I don't consider them "the best", I consider them the
    very worst images I've ever seen. There are better ways to photograph them
    in their natural environment with natural lighting now. Learn them.

    Ken Walls, Jul 4, 2010
  5. YDOD

    Ray Fischer Guest

    YDOD <> wrote:
    >Does anyone have any tips for photographing butterflies that they would
    >share? At present, I wait until I see one, I wait for it to settle and then
    >I try to sneak up on it, being careful not to let my shadow fall on it.
    >There are many problems with this method but the main ones are that
    >sometimes they do not settle, or they settle somewhere inaccessible or they
    >take flight again while I am sneaking up. I seem to have better luck on hot
    >sunny days when there is no wind but I would welcome advice on time of day,
    >weather, vegetation, anything.

    Butterfly net and superglue?

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Jul 5, 2010
  6. YDOD

    otter Guest

    On Jul 4, 8:15 am, "YDOD" <> wrote:
    > Does anyone have any tips for photographing butterflies that they would
    > share? At present, I wait until I see one, I wait for it to settle and then
    > I try to sneak up on it, being careful not to let my shadow fall on it.
    > There are many problems with this method but the main ones are that
    > sometimes they do not settle, or they settle somewhere inaccessible or they
    > take flight again while I am sneaking up. I seem to have better luck on hot
    > sunny days when there is no wind but I would welcome advice on time of day,
    > weather, vegetation, anything.

    Speaking of butterflies, here is one I took over the weekend.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/4770509662/sizes/l/

    My first attempt at butterflies.

    otter, Jul 7, 2010
  7. YDOD

    YDOD Guest

    I respectfully disagree with Ken. I think that perfection is something to
    aim for and not a minimum requirement. This is a very good photograph which
    I would expect that the photographer would find most encouraging of his
    efforts.

    YDOD, Jul 7, 2010
  8. John Navas wrote:
    > eOn Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:27:46 -0500, in
    > <Xns9DAE77C8D4C7A48umofa02sneakemailc@127.0.0.1>, SneakyP
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> otter <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Speaking of butterflies, here is one I took over the weekend.
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/4770509662/sizes/l/
    >>> My first attempt at butterflies.

    >> Those things are so tricky to get focused.

    > Not so hard with spot focusing on the butterfly,
    > which better cameras will allow you to do.
    >
    > The problem is multi-zone focusing,
    > where the camera doesn't know what's the subject.

    For such relatively fixed type of shooting, I will often go to full
    manual- both focus and shutter/aperture.

    As to photo itself, it's quite pleasing to my eye. It works without the
    butterfly at all. I'd try to shoot the 'fly with backlighting, or at
    least brighten it up in some way.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Jul 7, 2010
  9. YDOD

    otter Guest

    On Jul 7, 9:05 am, John Navas <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 07:23:58 -0600, in
    > <Xd%Yn.6424$>, "YDOD" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Ken Walls" <> wrote in message

    > >> Would have been a  nice shot and composition .... but

    > >> Focus being off, and too slow of shutter speed adding to the blur from the
    > >> moving wings, would have to sadly put this into the scrap-pile.

    > >I respectfully disagree with Ken. I think that perfection is something to
    > >aim for and not a minimum requirement. This is a very good photograph which
    > >I would expect that the photographer would find most encouraging of his
    > >efforts.

    > It's not terrible, but not a great composition in my opinion, and the
    > butterfly is blurred -- perhaps instead, something more like this:
    > <http://i48.tinypic.com/2rrb2h5.jpg>

    Yeah, the focus is a little off, but I didn't have my superglue :).

    I thought about cropping it your way, but it seemed a little ordinary,
    and I prefer rectangular crops rather than square so they print on the
    entire sheet.. The petals of the flower on the right were damaged, so
    I intentionally cut them off. Anyway, just an opportunity that
    happened to present itself. Perhaps I'll be more prepared next time.
    Not claiming this is something that I would submit to a magazine.

    I've liked the pictures I've seen from you, John. Do you have some
    butterfly pics, as well?

    otter, Jul 8, 2010
  10. YDOD

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:15:36 -0700 (PDT), otter
    <> wrote:

    >> It's not terrible, but not a great composition in my opinion, and the
    >> butterfly is blurred -- perhaps instead, something more like this:
    >> <http://i48.tinypic.com/2rrb2h5.jpg>

    >Yeah, the focus is a little off, but I didn't have my superglue :).
    >
    >I thought about cropping it your way, but it seemed a little ordinary,
    >and I prefer rectangular crops rather than square so they print on the
    >entire sheet.. The petals of the flower on the right were damaged, so
    >I intentionally cut them off. Anyway, just an opportunity that
    >happened to present itself. Perhaps I'll be more prepared next time.
    >Not claiming this is something that I would submit to a magazine.

    Butterflies are not difficult to photograph, but you have to take a
    lot of shots to get one good one. The most common problems are that
    when you get back with the image you find one wing is damaged or there
    is some problem with the background. Since you have to catch them on
    the flit, you don't have a chance to pick the background or really
    check out the subject. You shoot by anticipating where the beast will
    light.

    I like this one because there's an added element: the caterpillar to
    the left. I could do without the dark spot immediately below the
    caterpillar, but the photo is not worth a lot of cloning.

    As far as cropping, you might consider two crops: one in a standard
    ratio for a print and one for web use where the ratio doesn't make a
    difference. This shot was cropped for the web to include the diagonal
    at the bottom left and an off-balance layout. A standard ratio might
    not work as well.

    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/cooper213/2008-05-17.jpg

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 8, 2010
  11. YDOD

    LOL! Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 00:00:41 -0400, tony cooper
    <> wrote:

    >Butterflies are not difficult to photograph, but you have to take a
    >lot of shots to get one good one.

    Yeah, an incompentent troll WOULD claim that.

    LOL!

    LOL!, Jul 8, 2010
  12. YDOD

    otter Guest

    On Jul 7, 11:00 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:15:36 -0700 (PDT), otter
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >> It's not terrible, but not a great composition in my opinion, and the
    > >> butterfly is blurred -- perhaps instead, something more like this:
    > >> <http://i48.tinypic.com/2rrb2h5.jpg>

    > >Yeah, the focus is a little off, but I didn't have my superglue :).

    > >I thought about cropping it your way, but it seemed a little ordinary,
    > >and I prefer rectangular crops rather than square so they print on the
    > >entire sheet..  The petals of the flower on the right were damaged, so
    > >I intentionally cut them off.  Anyway, just an opportunity that
    > >happened to present itself.  Perhaps I'll be more prepared next time.
    > >Not claiming this is something that I would submit to a magazine.

    > Butterflies are not difficult to photograph, but you have to take a
    > lot of shots to get one good one.  The most common problems are that
    > when you get back with the image you find one wing is damaged or there
    > is some problem with the background.  Since you have to catch them on
    > the flit, you don't have a chance to pick the background or really
    > check out the subject.  You shoot by anticipating where the beast will
    > light.
    >
    > I like this one because there's an added element:  the caterpillar to
    > the left.  I could do without the dark spot immediately below the
    > caterpillar, but the photo is not worth a lot of cloning.
    >
    > As far as cropping, you might consider two crops:  one in a standard
    > ratio for a print and one for web use where the ratio doesn't make a
    > difference.  This shot was cropped for the web to include the diagonal
    > at the bottom left and an off-balance layout.  A standard ratio might
    > not work as well.
    >
    > http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/cooper213/2008-05-17.jpg
    >
    > --
    > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    That's a very nice butterfly pic, Tony. It is nice to see someone
    with the stones to post actual pictures rather than just hurl insults.

    otter, Jul 8, 2010
  13. YDOD

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 23:03:07 -0500, LOL! <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 00:00:41 -0400, tony cooper
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Butterflies are not difficult to photograph, but you have to take a
    >>lot of shots to get one good one.

    >Yeah, an incompentent troll WOULD claim that.

    Especially if he's linking to his *own* work.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 8, 2010
  14. YDOD

    LOL! Guest

    On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 21:15:11 -0700 (PDT), otter <>
    wrote:

    >On Jul 7, 11:00 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:

    >> >Yeah, the focus is a little off, but I didn't have my superglue :).

    >> >I thought about cropping it your way, but it seemed a little ordinary,
    >> >and I prefer rectangular crops rather than square so they print on the
    >> >entire sheet..  The petals of the flower on the right were damaged, so
    >> >I intentionally cut them off.  Anyway, just an opportunity that
    >> >happened to present itself.  Perhaps I'll be more prepared next time.
    >> >Not claiming this is something that I would submit to a magazine.

    >> Butterflies are not difficult to photograph, but you have to take a
    >> lot of shots to get one good one.  The most common problems are that
    >> when you get back with the image you find one wing is damaged or there
    >> is some problem with the background.  Since you have to catch them on
    >> the flit, you don't have a chance to pick the background or really
    >> check out the subject.  You shoot by anticipating where the beast will
    >> light.
    >>
    >> I like this one because there's an added element:  the caterpillar to
    >> the left.  I could do without the dark spot immediately below the
    >> caterpillar, but the photo is not worth a lot of cloning.
    >>
    >> As far as cropping, you might consider two crops:  one in a standard
    >> ratio for a print and one for web use where the ratio doesn't make a
    >> difference.  This shot was cropped for the web to include the diagonal
    >> at the bottom left and an off-balance layout.  A standard ratio might
    >> not work as well.
    >>
    >> http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/cooper213/2008-05-17.jpg
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    >That's a very nice butterfly pic, Tony. It is nice to see someone
    >with the stones to post actual pictures rather than just hurl insults.

    Well crap. Does this mean that I'm going to have to upload this photo of a
    butterfly IN FLIGHT (no cropping)

    <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4773601616_42d79d98b4_b.jpg>

    And this easier to grab image (WARNING: for the sensitive brainwashed
    christian types, don't look at this one, it might offend your inbred sexual
    insecurities), again, no cropping.

    <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4773601614_2498eaf198_b.jpg>

    Both shot with P&S cameras (both sent to my unmarketable folders) just to
    prove what useless PIECIE OF SHITS that you DSLR-TROLLS truly are.

    LOL!

    You have no idea how much I laugh at your DSLR-Troll's pathetic photography
    examples and useless advice.

    LOL!

    LOL!, Jul 8, 2010
  15. YDOD

    LOL! Guest

    On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 22:53:14 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2010-07-07 21:15:11 -0700, otter <> said:
    >
    >> On Jul 7, 11:00 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:

    >>> Butterflies are not difficult to photograph, but you have to take a
    >>> lot of shots to get one good one.  The most common problems are that
    >>> when you get back with the image you find one wing is damaged or there
    >>> is some problem with the background.  Since you have to catch them on
    >>> the flit, you don't have a chance to pick the background or really
    >>> check out the subject.  You shoot by anticipating where the beast will
    >>> light.
    >>>
    >>> I like this one because there's an added element:  the caterpillar to
    >>> the left.  I could do without the dark spot immediately below the
    >>> caterpillar, but the photo is not worth a lot of cloning.
    >>>
    >>> As far as cropping, you might consider two crops:  one in a standard
    >>> ratio for a print and one for web use where the ratio doesn't make a
    >>> difference.  This shot was cropped for the web to include the diagonal
    >>> at the bottom left and an off-balance layout.  A standard ratio might
    >>> not work as well.
    >>>
    >>> http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/cooper213/2008-05-17.jpg
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    >> That's a very nice butterfly pic, Tony. It is nice to see someone
    >> with the stones to post actual pictures rather than just hurl insults.

    >Oh well!
    >In for a penny, in for a pound.
    >Since we are doing butterflies, here is a monarch I got at Ragged Point
    >on Hwy 1.
    >< http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Monarch-BigSur2004w.jpg >

    Oversaturated underexposed badly-composed CRAP.

    Thanks for proving again what a DSLR will provide for others.

    LOL!

    LOL!, Jul 8, 2010
  16. YDOD

    otter Guest

    On Jul 8, 12:19 am, LOL! <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 21:15:11 -0700 (PDT), otter <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >On Jul 7, 11:00 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > >> Butterflies are not difficult to photograph, but you have to take a
    > >> lot of shots to get one good one.  The most common problems are that
    > >> when you get back with the image you find one wing is damaged or there
    > >> is some problem with the background.  Since you have to catch them on
    > >> the flit, you don't have a chance to pick the background or really
    > >> check out the subject.  You shoot by anticipating where the beast will
    > >> light.

    > >> I like this one because there's an added element:  the caterpillar to
    > >> the left.  I could do without the dark spot immediately below the
    > >> caterpillar, but the photo is not worth a lot of cloning.

    > >> As far as cropping, you might consider two crops:  one in a standard
    > >> ratio for a print and one for web use where the ratio doesn't make a
    > >> difference.  This shot was cropped for the web to include the diagonal
    > >> at the bottom left and an off-balance layout.  A standard ratio might
    > >> not work as well.

    > >>http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/cooper213/2008-05-17.jpg

    > >> --
    > >> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    > >That's a very nice butterfly pic, Tony.  It is nice to see someone
    > >with the stones to post actual pictures rather than just hurl insults.

    > Well crap. Does this mean that I'm going to have to upload this photo of a
    > butterfly IN FLIGHT (no cropping)
    >
    > <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4773601616_42d79d98b4_b.jpg>
    >
    > And this easier to grab image (WARNING: for the sensitive brainwashed
    > christian types, don't look at this one, it might offend your inbred sexual
    > insecurities), again, no cropping.
    >
    > <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4773601614_2498eaf198_b.jpg>
    >
    > Both shot with P&S cameras (both sent to my unmarketable folders) just to
    > prove what useless PIECIE OF SHITS that you DSLR-TROLLS truly are.
    >
    > LOL!
    >
    > You have no idea how much I laugh at your DSLR-Troll's pathetic photography
    > examples and useless advice.
    >
    > LOL!- Hide quoted text -

    The sharpening halos are a little distracting.

    otter, Jul 8, 2010
  17. YDOD

    LOL! Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 06:13:50 -0700 (PDT), otter <>
    wrote:

    >On Jul 8, 12:19 am, LOL! <> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 21:15:11 -0700 (PDT), otter <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >That's a very nice butterfly pic, Tony.  It is nice to see someone
    >> >with the stones to post actual pictures rather than just hurl insults.

    >> Well crap. Does this mean that I'm going to have to upload this photo of a
    >> butterfly IN FLIGHT (no cropping)
    >>
    >> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4773601616_42d79d98b4_b.jpg>
    >>
    >> And this easier to grab image (WARNING: for the sensitive brainwashed
    >> christian types, don't look at this one, it might offend your inbred sexual
    >> insecurities), again, no cropping.
    >>
    >> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4773601614_2498eaf198_b.jpg>
    >>
    >> Both shot with P&S cameras (both sent to my unmarketable folders) just to
    >> prove what useless PIECIE OF SHITS that you DSLR-TROLLS truly are.
    >>
    >> LOL!
    >>
    >> You have no idea how much I laugh at your DSLR-Troll's pathetic photography
    >> examples and useless advice.
    >>
    >> LOL!- Hide quoted text -

    >The sharpening halos are a little distracting.

    No, the high jpg compression of 55% applied on top of another 62.5% is a
    little distracting. As it is meant to be, for all useless trolls and
    thieves. Thanks for playing!

    LOL!

    LOL!, Jul 8, 2010
  18. YDOD

    otter Guest

    On Jul 8, 8:19 am, LOL! <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 06:13:50 -0700 (PDT), otter <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >On Jul 8, 12:19 am, LOL! <> wrote:

    > >> Well crap. Does this mean that I'm going to have to upload this photo of a
    > >> butterfly IN FLIGHT (no cropping)

    > >> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4773601616_42d79d98b4_b.jpg>

    > >> And this easier to grab image (WARNING: for the sensitive brainwashed
    > >> christian types, don't look at this one, it might offend your inbred sexual
    > >> insecurities), again, no cropping.

    > >> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4773601614_2498eaf198_b.jpg>

    > >> Both shot with P&S cameras (both sent to my unmarketable folders) just to
    > >> prove what useless PIECIE OF SHITS that you DSLR-TROLLS truly are.

    > >> LOL!

    > >> You have no idea how much I laugh at your DSLR-Troll's pathetic photography
    > >> examples and useless advice.

    > >> LOL!- Hide quoted text -

    > >The sharpening halos are a little distracting.

    > No, the high jpg compression of 55% applied on top of another 62.5% is a
    > little distracting. As it is meant to be, for all useless trolls and
    > thieves. Thanks for playing!

    Then I can only imagine that you think it is good.

    otter, Jul 8, 2010
  19. YDOD

    LOL! Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 08:39:32 -0500, George Kerby <>
    wrote:

    >On 7/7/10 1:13 PM, in article ,
    >"John Navas" <> wrote:
    >
    >> eOn Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:27:46 -0500, in
    >> <Xns9DAE77C8D4C7A48umofa02sneakemailc@127.0.0.1>, SneakyP
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> otter <> wrote in

    >>> Those things are so tricky to get focused.

    >> Not so hard with spot focusing on the butterfly,
    >> which better cameras will allow you to do.
    >>
    >> The problem is multi-zone focusing,
    >> where the camera doesn't know what's the subject.

    >The problem is that no one knows how to focus *manually* these days.

    As we wait with bated breath for just one example of your own photography,
    let alone one that's manually focused, lo these many years.

    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    LOL!, Jul 8, 2010
  20. John Navas wrote:
    > On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:18:36 -0700, in
    > <i12juc$1d5$-september.org>, John McWilliams
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> ... I'd try to shoot the 'fly with backlighting, or at
    >> least brighten it up in some way.

    > Agreed. Something like: <http://i27.tinypic.com/axe4d3.jpg>

    Yep, though I prefer the original un or less cropped version. (It'd work
    for me even with no butterfly that way).

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Jul 8, 2010