    software giant is urgently working with its partners to unveil a host
    of tablet computers running Windows 7, to compete with Apple's fast-
    selling iPad.

    RichA, Aug 2, 2010

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 18:53:00 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >Ballmer: Microsoft feels tablet 'urgency' CNNMoney.com
    >
    >Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said Thursday that the
    >software giant is urgently working with its partners to unveil a host
    >of tablet computers running Windows 7, to compete with Apple's fast-
    >selling iPad.

    I have a feeling that the real competition for iPad will come from
    devices using the Android OS, for example the Dell Streak.

    The Streak is already available in Europe as a 5-inch tablet, but
    larger sizes will soon be announced. Dell's intention is to make
    Streak in a range of sizes to suit different people's needs.

    However, none of this is particularly relevant to photography. ;-)

    Bruce, Aug 2, 2010

  3. RichA

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > Ballmer: Microsoft feels tablet 'urgency' CNNMoney.com
    >
    > Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said Thursday that the
    > software giant is urgently working with its partners to unveil a host
    > of tablet computers running Windows 7, to compete with Apple's fast-
    > selling iPad.

    Anything will overheat in direct sunlight.

    Shawn Hirn, Aug 2, 2010
  4. "Bruce" <> wrote in message
    []
    > I have a feeling that the real competition for iPad will come from
    > devices using the Android OS, for example the Dell Streak.
    >
    > The Streak is already available in Europe as a 5-inch tablet, but
    > larger sizes will soon be announced. Dell's intention is to make
    > Streak in a range of sizes to suit different people's needs.
    >
    > However, none of this is particularly relevant to photography. ;-)

    Having an A4- or A5-sized display pad on which to show folk your images
    would be quite relevant, I would have thought, particularly if you could
    use it as backup storage on trips. Something like a larger Epson
    P3000/P5000

    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 2, 2010
  5. RichA

    whisky-dave Guest

    "RichA" <> wrote in message
    > Ballmer: Microsoft feels tablet 'urgency' CNNMoney.com
    >
    > Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said Thursday that the
    > software giant is urgently working with its partners to unveil a host
    > of tablet computers running Windows 7, to compete with Apple's fast-
    > selling iPad.

    Didn't they try to do that with the Zune.

    whisky-dave, Aug 2, 2010
  6. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 20:42:10 +1000, "N" <> wrote:
    >"Bruce" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 18:53:00 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ballmer: Microsoft feels tablet 'urgency' CNNMoney.com
    >>>
    >>>Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said Thursday that the
    >>>software giant is urgently working with its partners to unveil a host
    >>>of tablet computers running Windows 7, to compete with Apple's fast-
    >>>selling iPad.

    >> I have a feeling that the real competition for iPad will come from
    >> devices using the Android OS, for example the Dell Streak.
    >>
    >> The Streak is already available in Europe as a 5-inch tablet, but
    >> larger sizes will soon be announced. Dell's intention is to make
    >> Streak in a range of sizes to suit different people's needs.
    >>
    >> However, none of this is particularly relevant to photography. ;-)
    >>

    >It is, actually. These devices might make perfect travel photo storage
    >devices.

    They might, if there was a straightforward way to transfer image files
    on to them, and if they had enough storage capacity. But they tend to
    have neither.

    Bruce, Aug 2, 2010