  1. Does anyone know how/where I can disable the prompt that keeps asking if
    I want to upgrade to the newest version of yahoo messenger (which is crap)?

    Thanks!

    buggerbuggerbugger, Sep 6, 2004

  2. buggerbuggerbugger

    WormWood Guest

    "buggerbuggerbugger" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how/where I can disable the prompt that keeps asking
    > if I want to upgrade to the newest version of yahoo messenger (which
    > is crap)?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Uninstall yahoo messenger. Use AOL messenger, (which is crap).

    WormWood, Sep 6, 2004

  3. buggerbuggerbugger

    samuel Guest

    "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com> wrote in

    > "buggerbuggerbugger" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know how/where I can disable the prompt that keeps
    >> asking if I want to upgrade to the newest version of yahoo
    >> messenger (which is crap)?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > Uninstall yahoo messenger. Use AOL messenger, (which is crap).

    use trillian (suggust to you and bugger)

    samuel, Sep 6, 2004
  4. buggerbuggerbugger

    DC Guest

    buggerbuggerbugger wrote:
    > Does anyone know how/where I can disable the prompt that keeps asking if
    > I want to upgrade to the newest version of yahoo messenger (which is crap)?

    Try Gaim (not crap).

    http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

    DC, Sep 6, 2004
  5. buggerbuggerbugger

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> DC
    <> wrote:

    >> Does anyone know how/where I can disable the prompt that keeps asking if
    >> I want to upgrade to the newest version of yahoo messenger (which is crap)?

    >Try Gaim (not crap).
    >
    >http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

    Does gaim display ICQ nicknames in the contact list yet, or just
    numbers?

    --
    A fool and his money are soon popular.

    DevilsPGD, Sep 6, 2004
  6. buggerbuggerbugger

    DC Guest

    DevilsPGD wrote:
    > In message <> DC
    ><> wrote:

    >>> Does anyone know how/where I can disable the prompt that keeps asking if
    >>> I want to upgrade to the newest version of yahoo messenger (which is crap)?

    >>Try Gaim (not crap).

    >>http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

    > Does gaim display ICQ nicknames in the contact list yet, or just
    > numbers?

    Nicknames/aliases, yeah.

    I use Gaim in Windows, mainly. I also use it occasionally under linux.
    Kopete is my primary IM client, there, as I prefer the KDE look to GTK.

    Gaim definitely displays nicks in the contact list -- either OS.
    I verified it before replying.

    DC, Sep 6, 2004