Busy(?) tones from PAP2T

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Roger Mills, Jan 31, 2008.

  1. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    I am using a VoIP service provided by voip.co.uk, but with my own hardware -
    PAP2T connected to my ADSL modem/router.

    As often as not, if the called party's phone is busy, I get a nasty skawk[1]
    from the PAP2T rather than a normal busy tone.

    Could this be due to something being wrong in the PAP2T setup? When I first
    had it (a few months ago) I got into a bit of mess configuring it, and put
    it back to 'factory' settings - which may mean that some of the parameters
    are defaults for (say) USA rather than UK. Nevertheless, it works ok - apart
    from this one anomoly. Which parameter(s) should I look at, and what
    value(s) should it/they have?

    [1] It's the same noise it makes if you dial an 'illegal' number not catered
    for by the call plan - but if you redial the same number when the called
    party is not busy, it connects ok.
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Jan 31, 2008

  2. Roger Mills

    Graham. Guest

    >I am using a VoIP service provided by voip.co.uk, but with my own
    >hardware -
    > PAP2T connected to my ADSL modem/router.
    >
    > As often as not, if the called party's phone is busy, I get a nasty
    > skawk[1] from the PAP2T rather than a normal busy tone.
    >
    > Could this be due to something being wrong in the PAP2T setup? When I
    > first had it (a few months ago) I got into a bit of mess configuring it,
    > and put it back to 'factory' settings - which may mean that some of the
    > parameters are defaults for (say) USA rather than UK. Nevertheless, it
    > works ok - apart from this one anomoly. Which parameter(s) should I look
    > at, and what value(s) should it/they have?
    >
    > [1] It's the same noise it makes if you dial an 'illegal' number not
    > catered for by the call plan - but if you redial the same number when the
    > called party is not busy, it connects ok.

    So you don't think the US equivalent is cool?
    In the regional tab the busy tone is probably set to

    480@-19,620@-19;10(.5/.5/1+2)

    change it to the UK tone by pasting this in instead
    400@-20;70.875(.375/.375/1)

    If you want to further customize your unit look here

    http://mikecharnock.com/index.php?entry=entry070905-100000

    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jan 31, 2008

  3. Roger Mills wrote:
    > I am using a VoIP service provided by voip.co.uk, but with my own
    > hardware - PAP2T connected to my ADSL modem/router.
    >
    > As often as not, if the called party's phone is busy, I get a nasty
    > skawk[1] from the PAP2T rather than a normal busy tone.
    >
    > Could this be due to something being wrong in the PAP2T setup? When I
    > first had it (a few months ago) I got into a bit of mess configuring
    > it, and put it back to 'factory' settings - which may mean that some
    > of the parameters are defaults for (say) USA rather than UK.
    > Nevertheless, it works ok - apart from this one anomoly. Which
    > parameter(s) should I look at, and what value(s) should it/they have?
    >
    > [1] It's the same noise it makes if you dial an 'illegal' number not
    > catered for by the call plan - but if you redial the same number when
    > the called party is not busy, it connects ok.

    Admin Login
    Advanced View

    Under Regional Tab.

    Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-22;60(*/0/1+2)
    Second Dial Tone: 420@-19,520@-19;30(*/0/1+2)
    Outside Dial Tone: 420@-16;30(*/0/1)
    Prompt Tone: 520@-19,620@-19;30(*/0/1+2)
    Busy Tone: 400@-10;30(.375/.375/1)
    Reorder Tone: 400@-20;20(*/0/1)
    Off Hook Warning Tone: 480@-10,620@0;10(.125/.125/1+2)
    Ring Back Tone: 400@-20,450@-20;*(.4/.2/1+2,.4/2/1+2)
    Confirm Tone: 600@-16;1(.25/.25/1)
    SIT1 Tone: 950@-16,1400@-16,1800@-16;20(.330/0/1,.330/0/2,.330/0/3,0/1/0)
    SIT2 Tone: 914@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.274/0/1,.274/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)
    SIT3 Tone: 914@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.380/0/1,.380/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)
    SIT4 Tone: 985@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.380/0/1,.274/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)
    MWI Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-22;10(.75/.75/1+2)
    Cfwd Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-19;2(.2/.2/1+2);10(*/0/1+2)
    DND Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-19;2(.2/.2/2);10(*/0/1+2)
    Holding Tone: 600@-19;*(.1/.1/1,.1/.1/1,.1/9.5/1)
    Conference Tone: 350@-19;20(.1/.1/1,.1/9.7/1)
    Secure Call Indication Tone: 397@-19,507@-19;15(0/2/0,.2/.1/1,.1/2.1/2)
    Feature Invocation Tone: 350@-16;*(.1/.1/1)

    Ring1 Cadence: 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
    Ring2 Cadence: 60(1/2)
    Ring3 Cadence: 60(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/1.75)

    CWT1 Cadence: 30(.2/.2,.2/4.4)

    Ring Waveform: Sinusoid (though Trapezoid may help problematic phones to
    ring).
    Ring Frequency: 25
    Ring Voltage: 80 (You can use 70, if problems try 75, 80, 85, 90)
    CWT Frequency: 425@-20
    Synchronized Ring: Yes

    Hook Flash Timer Min: .06
    Hook Flash Timer Max: .2
    Callee On Hook Delay: 0
    Reorder Delay: 5
    Call Back Expires: 1800
    Call Back Retry Intvl: 30
    Call Back Delay: .5
    VMWI Refresh Intvl: 0
    Interdigit Long Timer: 10
    Interdigit Short Timer: 3
    CPC Delay: .5
    CPC Duration: .1

    Time Zone: GMT
    FXS Port Impedance: 370+620||310nF
    Daylight Saving Time Rule: start=3/-1/7/2:0:0;end=10/-1/7/2:0:0;save=1:0:0
    DTMF Playback Level: -16
    DTMF Playback Length: .25
    Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK With PR(UK)
    FXS Port Power Limit: 3
    Caller ID FSK Standard: v.23
    Feature Invocation Method: Default
    More Echo Suppression: yes

    --
    http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk/pcpro
    http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/rapex/rapex_archives_en.cfm

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 31, 2008
  4. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    > Admin Login
    > Advanced View
    >
    > Under Regional Tab.
    >
    > Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-22;60(*/0/1+2)
    > Second Dial Tone: 420@-19,520@-19;30(*/0/1+2)
    > Outside Dial Tone: 420@-16;30(*/0/1)
    > Prompt Tone: 520@-19,620@-19;30(*/0/1+2)
    > Busy Tone: 400@-10;30(.375/.375/1)

    etc.

    Many thanks for your reply. I note that your 'busy tone' is different from
    the one supplied by Graham.
    Yours is: 400@-10;30(.375/.375/1)
    Graham's is: 400@-20;70.875(.375/.375/1)

    Anyone care to explain the difference - and also to explain what the numbers
    mean in all the other parameters for that matter?
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Jan 31, 2008
  5. Roger Mills wrote:
    > In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >> Admin Login
    >> Advanced View
    >>
    >> Under Regional Tab.
    >>
    >> Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-22;60(*/0/1+2)
    >> Second Dial Tone: 420@-19,520@-19;30(*/0/1+2)
    >> Outside Dial Tone: 420@-16;30(*/0/1)
    >> Prompt Tone: 520@-19,620@-19;30(*/0/1+2)
    >> Busy Tone: 400@-10;30(.375/.375/1)

    > etc.
    >
    > Many thanks for your reply. I note that your 'busy tone' is different
    > from the one supplied by Graham.
    > Yours is: 400@-10;30(.375/.375/1)
    > Graham's is: 400@-20;70.875(.375/.375/1)
    >
    > Anyone care to explain the difference - and also to explain what the
    > numbers mean in all the other parameters for that matter?

    -10 is slightly louder than -20.

    ;30 the busy tone plays for 30 seconds ;70 plays for 70 seconds, before you
    get the next tone to tell you to replace the handset and then the alarm for
    the phone being off-hook too long.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 31, 2008