Busy signal picking up a PSTN to VOIP call

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by marmun, Dec 19, 2008.

  1. marmun

    marmun

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I have recently installed a SpeedTouch 716WL to use a Tesco Internet Phone account.

    Almost everything is working OK: i.e.

    1. Landline calls to/from my landline number are successful.
    2. Tesco Internet calls to/from Tesco Internet Phone are successful.
    3. Tesco VOIP to landline call are successful
    4. BUT Landline calls to my Tesco Internet Phone result in a 'busy' tone at the receiving end and a single unbroken tone at the sending phone.
    That is: When someone calls me on my VOIP number from a landline, the phone rings - but when I pick up, I only hear a 'busy' tone.
    The caller tells me they only hear a single unbroken tone after I pickup.

    Any ideas ?

    FWIW, Landline calls to my Tesco Voip number that I accept via my PC don't have this problem.

    marmun, Dec 19, 2008