    to use.

    Thanks

    Doug

    Douglas, Aug 8, 2005

  2. Douglas

    Old Gringo Guest

    Douglas wrote:
    > I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business software
    > to use.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Doug

    It depends on weather your are going to run a whore house or an
    accounting firm.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Aug 8, 2005

  3. Douglas

    MrGrumpy Guest

    You decide on what you wish to do / know then select software that works for
    you, within your budget.
    you could start with www.openoffice.org its free to download and compatible
    with MS Office files

    MrGrumpy, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Douglas

    FML Guest

    Douglas wrote:
    > I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business software
    > to use.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Doug

    I use Quickbooks Pro.

    FML, Aug 9, 2005
  5. Douglas

    NotMe Guest

    "Old Gringo" <
    | > I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business
    software
    | > to use.
    | >
    | It depends on weather your are going to run a whore house or an
    | accounting firm.

    There's a difference?

    NotMe, Aug 9, 2005
  6. Douglas

    Livewire Guest

    In article <%GPJe.838$>,
    says...
    > I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business software
    > to use.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Doug

    Cobian Backup for, well, backing up.

    Photofiltre for simple image manipulation if you need it.

    A good firewall -- Zone Alarm or Outlook free, which I use.

    A browser other than IE -- I use Deepnet.

    Livewire, Aug 9, 2005
  7. Douglas

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:23:49 -0400, "NotMe" <> wrote:

    >"Old Gringo" <
    >| > I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business
    >software
    >| > to use.
    >| >
    >| It depends on weather your are going to run a whore house or an
    >| accounting firm.
    >
    >There's a difference?

    Would you care to elucidate? LOL

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 9, 2005
  8. Douglas

    Old Gringo Guest

    NotMe wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <
    > | > I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business
    > software
    > | > to use.
    > | >
    > | It depends on weather your are going to run a whore house or an
    > | accounting firm.
    >
    > There's a difference?

    LOL :)

    Old Gringo, Aug 9, 2005
  9. Douglas

    BOB Guest

    NotMe wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "Old Gringo" <
    >| > I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a
    >| > business
    > software
    >| > to use.
    >| >
    >| It depends on weather your are going to run a whore house or an
    >| accounting firm.
    >
    > There's a difference?

    Between an accounting firm and a whorehouse, yes, there are slight
    differences. Between a law firm and a whorehouse, no difference at all.

    --
    BOB

    BOB, Aug 9, 2005
  10. Howdy!

    "BOB" <> wrote in message
    > NotMe wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > "Old Gringo" <
    > > software
    > >| >
    > >| It depends on weather your are going to run a whore house or an
    > >| accounting firm.
    > >
    > > There's a difference?
    > >

    > Between an accounting firm and a whorehouse, yes, there are slight
    > differences. Between a law firm and a whorehouse, no difference at all.

    Not quite. A whorehouse supplies a desired service at a price.

    A law firm just makes sure you're screwed.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 10, 2005
  11. Douglas

    BOB Guest

    Ralph Wade Phillips wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Howdy!
    >
    > "BOB" <> wrote in message
    >> NotMe wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >> > "Old Gringo" <
    >> > software

    >> > There's a difference?
    >> >

    >> Between an accounting firm and a whorehouse, yes, there are
    >> slight differences. Between a law firm and a whorehouse, no
    >> difference at all.

    > Not quite. A whorehouse supplies a desired service at a
    > price.
    >
    > A law firm just makes sure you're screwed.
    >
    > RwP

    But also at a (high) price.

    --
    BOB