    how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
    nixon?

    6 months ????

    philo, Nov 4, 2005

  2. philo

    Slack Guest

    4

    Slack, Nov 5, 2005

  3. On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:44:20 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    >how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
    >nixon?
    >
    >6 months ????

    From various polls via Foxnews, CNN, and MSNBC, his average approval
    rating is 31% and the trends point to it slumping further as the
    holidays approach and family members want there
    sons/daughters/nephews/nieces/brothers/sisters/etc back.

    A question for you as well, did you vote or were you like 2/3rds of
    america and didn't bother?

    I voted and it broke......

    unluckylanding, Nov 5, 2005
  4. philo

    Plato Guest

    philo wrote:

    > how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
    > nixon?

    Nixon got us out of the Vietnam war. I always wanted to thank him for
    that.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 5, 2005
  5. philo

    Plato Guest

    unluckylanding wrote:

    Keep in mind that the current two wars would not be possible without the
    FULL approval of the US House/Senate. A USA president can decide to
    invade ANY country he/she wants, but it wont/cant happen without
    financing.

    Plato, Nov 5, 2005
  6. philo

    philo Guest

    "unluckylanding" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:44:20 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:
    >
    >>how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
    >>nixon?
    >>
    >>6 months ????
    >>

    > From various polls via Foxnews, CNN, and MSNBC, his average approval
    > rating is 31% and the trends point to it slumping further as the
    > holidays approach and family members want there
    > sons/daughters/nephews/nieces/brothers/sisters/etc back.
    >
    > A question for you as well, did you vote or were you like 2/3rds of
    > america and didn't bother?
    >
    > I voted and it broke......

    Yes i did vote and i have always voted.
    I also made sure my daughter voted too...even though she was one of those
    who previously never did.

    and No, i did not vote for bush...

    For those who think that their one vote does not count...
    a few years back there was a nasty judge here in my town
    who lost an election by about a dozen votes.
    if i counted myself and all my friends...that alone made the difference!

    philo, Nov 5, 2005
  7. philo

    philo Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > philo wrote:
    >>
    >> how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
    >> nixon?

    > Nixon got us out of the Vietnam war. I always wanted to thank him for
    > that.

    well i got drafted in '69
    but was lucky enough not to have gone to 'nam

    although i was by no means a nixon fan...
    at least he was competent...
    too bad i cannot say the same for bush

    philo, Nov 5, 2005
  8. philo

    BeeVee Guest

    X-No-Archive:Yes
    Nixon Opened the floodgates of China (need a job Yet?)
    I can't wait for the day Bush stand's up and say's "I am NoT a crook!" (your kids dead yet?)
    *3 weeks* should do it.

    BeeVee, Nov 5, 2005
  9. philo

    philo Guest

    > Keep in mind that the current two wars would not be possible without the
    > FULL approval of the US House/Senate. A USA president can decide to
    > invade ANY country he/she wants, but it wont/cant happen without
    > financing.

    That's correct...
    but now the financing is a problem...
    and programs for children, the diabled and the elderly are going to suffer.

    True...Bush could not have gotten us into all of this by himself...
    maybe we are all somewhat to blame.

    philo, Nov 5, 2005
  10. philo

    Ghostrider Guest

    philo wrote:

    > how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
    > nixon?
    >
    > 6 months ????

    Does it really matter? A second-term President is always a
    lame duck. One needs to see whose star is rising, to replace
    Bush as the Republican presidential candidate for 2008. And
    I doubt that would be Cheney's.

    Ghostrider, Nov 5, 2005
  11. philo

    Pat Guest

    On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 18:54:23 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    >> Keep in mind that the current two wars would not be possible without the
    >> FULL approval of the US House/Senate. A USA president can decide to
    >> invade ANY country he/she wants, but it wont/cant happen without
    >> financing.
    >>

    >That's correct...
    >but now the financing is a problem...
    >and programs for children, the diabled and the elderly are going to suffer.
    >
    >True...Bush could not have gotten us into all of this by himself...
    >maybe we are all somewhat to blame.

    I'm not. I was totally opposed to this Iraq misadventure before it even
    got to the Congress. It's the worst diplomatic blunder in the entire
    history of the country. By Xmas he'll surpass Nixon as the most
    distrusted and disliked President of all time. Of course, most of the
    world already thinks he is much worst than Nixon. I think impeachment is
    too good for him. He should be frogmarched out of the WH and locked up
    for the rest of his (hopefully short) life. My cat would make a better
    president than this bozo.

    --
    Pat

    Pat, Nov 5, 2005
  12. philo

    Pat Guest

    On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 18:36:42 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    >"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    >> philo wrote:
    >>>
    >>> how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
    >>> nixon?

    >> Nixon got us out of the Vietnam war. I always wanted to thank him for
    >> that.
    >>

    >well i got drafted in '69
    >but was lucky enough not to have gone to 'nam
    >
    >although i was by no means a nixon fan...
    >at least he was competent...
    >too bad i cannot say the same for bush

    Strange, isn't it, Bush makes Nixon look good.

    --
    Pat

    Pat, Nov 5, 2005
  13. philo

    Trax Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    |>unluckylanding wrote:
    |>>

    |>Keep in mind that the current two wars would not be possible without the
    |>FULL approval of the US House/Senate. A USA president can decide to
    |>invade ANY country he/she wants, but it wont/cant happen without
    |>financing.

    But the evidence to invade Iraq was falsified.

    Bush has made being anti-American popular world wide. First Iraq,
    Syria is being hinted at, and god knows what's going to happen with
    Israel bombs Irans nuclear reactors.

    I voted for Gore, and Kerry.

    |>> From various polls via Foxnews, CNN, and MSNBC, his average approval
    |>> rating is 31% and the trends point to it slumping further as the
    |>> holidays approach and family members want there
    |>> sons/daughters/nephews/nieces/brothers/sisters/etc back.

    --
    Blue Ball Machine
    http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/

    Trax, Nov 5, 2005
  14. Plato wrote:
    > philo wrote:
    >
    >>how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
    >>nixon?

    > Nixon got us out of the Vietnam war. I always wanted to thank him for
    > that.

    Yeah, he got us out of the war. He got elected the first time by
    promising to end the Vietnam war. 4 years later, he got elected by
    ending the war just prior to the election. Funny how coincidences happen
    in politics.
    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001292.html

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 5, 2005
  15. philo

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > I'm not. I was totally opposed to this Iraq misadventure before it even
    > got to the Congress. It's the worst diplomatic blunder in the entire
    > history of the country. By Xmas he'll surpass Nixon as the most
    > distrusted and disliked President of all time. Of course, most of the
    > world already thinks he is much worst than Nixon. I think impeachment is
    > too good for him. He should be frogmarched out of the WH and locked up
    > for the rest of his (hopefully short) life. My cat would make a better
    > president than this bozo.

    although i didn't vote for him...
    i never imagined he'd be as horrible as he is...
    i should have spoken out sooner...
    a lot of us should have.

    him being voted-in a 2nd term was inexcusable...
    now the whole world is paying for it :(

    philo, Nov 5, 2005
  16. philo

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > Strange, isn't it, Bush makes Nixon look good.

    yes...very strange...
    i never would have believed it

    philo, Nov 5, 2005
  17. philo

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > Does it really matter? A second-term President is always a
    > lame duck. One needs to see whose star is rising, to replace
    > Bush as the Republican presidential candidate for 2008. And
    > I doubt that would be Cheney's.

    true at least it won't be Cheney...

    hope we all can hang in there a few more years!

    philo, Nov 5, 2005
  18. philo

    Bob Guest

    On 4 Nov 2005 18:32:02 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >unluckylanding wrote:
    >>

    >Keep in mind that the current two wars would not be possible without the
    >FULL approval of the US House/Senate. A USA president can decide to
    >invade ANY country he/she wants, but it wont/cant happen without
    >financing.

    >snip

    True, but the financing is in place to send the troops anywhere from
    the defense budget of that particular fiscal year.

    Congress must vote on supplemental budgets, and/or increases to
    maintain the war in subsequent fiscal years, but, do you really think
    once the troops are in "harm's way"- so to speak, that Congress has a
    real option of acting in a manner that will not insure their safety.

    Can you imagine the justified outcry from the families of those
    troops if money is not appropriated to protect them and fight the war.
    If a President does not withdraw the troops, Congress has a moral
    obligation, it seems to me, to those troops to appropriate the money
    needed to protect them. This is aside from the political storm, and
    possible Constitutional battle, Congress and the country would face if
    it failed to finance the war.

    But your point is well taken. If one remembers back to the "mistakes"
    in intelligence that led us into this war, it will also be remembered
    that a majority of the American people supported the war and the
    Administration's ability to prosecute it. Most of the intelligence the
    public was fed has since been shown to be -to put it in its best
    light- inaccurate, some might go so far as to say, Administration
    fear mongering in Iraq's case.

    So now it is an unpopular war that no one really seems to know what to
    do about, except having our soldiers keep on fighting and dying.

    The solutions you hear for extraction of our forces are almost
    identical to the ones Nixon used for pulling out of Vietnam.

    "We are training the South Vietnamese Army (replace by Iraqi Security
    Forces) and when they are able to defend their country from the
    Communists (replace with Iraqi insurgents, terrorists) we will bring
    the troops home.

    I am not writing to refute your post or making an argument for letting
    Congress off the hook. Majorities in both the House and Senate
    supported these wars in the beginning. I just think your answer is too
    simple an explanation. Once a president commits troops, especially to
    a war that is initially popular with the American people, it is
    extremely difficult for Congress to stop that war.

    The President must change course and this one seems unwilling to do
    so.

    Bob, Nov 5, 2005
  19. philo

    Buffalo Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message news:436bfcd8$0$235$...
    > unluckylanding wrote:
    > >

    > Keep in mind that the current two wars would not be possible without the
    > FULL approval of the US House/Senate. A USA president can decide to
    > invade ANY country he/she wants, but it wont/cant happen without
    > financing.

    True, but he was hell-bent to do it. Without him, it would not have happened.
    Without his pressure and browbeating, it would not have happened, and most
    likely the 'evidence' would not have been 'tainted'. What a bunch of cowards
    those politicians are. Kiss ass,kiss ass, cover ass, cover ass, etc.

    Buffalo, Nov 5, 2005
  20. philo

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > Can you imagine the justified outcry from the families of those
    > troops if money is not appropriated to protect them and fight the war.
    > If a President does not withdraw the troops, Congress has a moral
    > obligation, it seems to me, to those troops to appropriate the money
    > needed to protect them. This is aside from the political storm, and
    > possible Constitutional battle, Congress and the country would face if
    > it failed to finance the war.
    >
    > But your point is well taken. If one remembers back to the "mistakes"
    > in intelligence that led us into this war, it will also be remembered
    > that a majority of the American people supported the war and the
    > Administration's ability to prosecute it. Most of the intelligence the
    > public was fed has since been shown to be -to put it in its best
    > light- inaccurate, some might go so far as to say, Administration
    > fear mongering in Iraq's case.
    >
    > So now it is an unpopular war that no one really seems to know what to
    > do about, except having our soldiers keep on fighting and dying.
    >
    > The solutions you hear for extraction of our forces are almost
    > identical to the ones Nixon used for pulling out of Vietnam.
    >
    > "We are training the South Vietnamese Army (replace by Iraqi Security
    > Forces) and when they are able to defend their country from the
    > Communists (replace with Iraqi insurgents, terrorists) we will bring
    > the troops home.
    >
    > I am not writing to refute your post or making an argument for letting
    > Congress off the hook. Majorities in both the House and Senate
    > supported these wars in the beginning. I just think your answer is too
    > simple an explanation. Once a president commits troops, especially to
    > a war that is initially popular with the American people, it is
    > extremely difficult for Congress to stop that war.
    >
    > The President must change course and this one seems unwilling to do
    > so.

    Well...even though Bush is obviously in over his head...
    it's a bit too late now to just pack up and get out of Iraq...
    but we need to get out as soon as possible.

    I have to admit that the argument for going in seemed like a good one...
    and even though I had not voted for Bush...I was not terribly opposed to
    going into Iraq...but then we were all duped...or lat least most of us.

    Anyway...the president must take ultimate responsibility.
    All the good Christians I know never once go around and profess to being a
    good Christian!!!!!

    philo, Nov 5, 2005