    So heres the scenario.....I download a DVD with a AVI ext. I then burn
    it to a DVD disc, then put that disc into dvd player and it cannot play
    it. What do I do?
    shocker, Mar 23, 2006

  2. shocker

    unclejr Guest

    shocker wrote:
    > So heres the scenario.....I download a DVD with a AVI ext. I then burn
    > it to a DVD disc, then put that disc into dvd player and it cannot play
    > it. What do I do?

    Have you ever put a DVD in a computer's DVD drive and actually see what
    kind of files are inside the VIDEO_TS folder? I'm willing to bet that
    not one of them is a .avi file.

    You need to AUTHOR the DVD. Start here:

    <justfuckinggoogleit.com>

    HTH,

    -Junior
    unclejr, Mar 23, 2006

  3. shocker

    shocker Guest

    Thanks "Junior" for your sarcasm, if I knew the answer to my question I
    wouldn't post it.<justfuckyourselfthengoogleit.com>
    shocker, Mar 23, 2006
  4. shocker

    unclejr Guest

    shocker wrote:
    > Thanks "Junior" for your sarcasm, if I knew the answer to my question I
    > wouldn't post it.<justfuckyourselfthengoogleit.com>

    You need to ENCODE the .avi file to MPEG-2 (.mpg, .m2v) and to a sound
    file (.wav, .aiff, .ac3, .mp2, etc.) -- these video and audio files are
    called your "assets." You then need to AUTHOR your assets to make a
    playable DVD (.BUP, .IFO, .VOB files).

    The encoding and authoring program(s) will cost you a little money. If
    you use Windoze, then TMPEGEnc is supposed to work well for both
    applications. I use QuickTime Pro and Apple DVD Studio Pro as I use a
    Mac.

    Also, try searching:

    <http://www.videohelp.com>

    And if you get really desperate, then go to:

    <http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com>

    HTH,

    -Junior
    unclejr, Mar 24, 2006