Burning Video to Disk

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Max, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. Max

    Max Guest

    In article <NS%Ec.280$f02.205@newsfe6-win>, ntl <> wrote:

    > Can someone tell me how I can burn a video to disk that is to big for disk
    > ie video is 94 mins and the disk is only 70 mins so what I think I need is a
    > program that can cut the video so that it will go onto two disk any help

    How about a video editing program?
    There are dozens; some are good.

    Are you sure that you have a time limit on the disc?
    if it is labeled for 70 minutes, that would be telling you 70 minutes
    if formatted as an AUDIO CD -- not 70 minutes for any kind of content
    at all. Obviously, video is different. And if you look around, you'll
    find that you can't predict the size of a video file by it's length, so
    there is no way for a CD maker to label the amount of video that will
    fit. Far too many variables.

    Max, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Max

    ntl Guest

    Can someone tell me how I can burn a video to disk that is to big for disk
    ie video is 94 mins and the disk is only 70 mins so what I think I need is a
    program that can cut the video so that it will go onto two disk any help
    would be great
    thanks
    Mal

    ntl, Jul 1, 2004

  3. Max

    ntl Guest

    I am burning to disk from my hard drive using Nero it is a VHS RIP 646 MB
    Video clip so I am trying to burn it as a VCD
    sorry to be a pain
    thank
    Mal

    ntl, Jul 1, 2004
  4. Max

    KungFusion Guest

    ntl wrote:

    > Can someone tell me how I can burn a video to disk that is to big for disk
    > ie video is 94 mins and the disk is only 70 mins so what I think I need is
    > a program that can cut the video so that it will go onto two disk any help
    > would be great
    > thanks

    For VCD (mpg1) the free version of TMPGEnc works fine:
    http://www.tmpgenc.net/

    --

    "Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons."
    Woody Allen

    KungFusion, Jul 2, 2004