    --

    Best regards
    Tones

    Tones, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Tones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I used to get that when I done them, In Nero 6 it give you an option to burn
    SVCD (Super VDC) I've never tried it my self but im sure someone can tell
    you how to do it. Also try writing at a slower speed.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Tones

    Thor Guest

    "Tones" <> wrote in message
    > i use Nero 5 to burn VCD's from original mpeg/dat/avi files.
    > however, it seems that there is a high chance (~50%) that the VCD will

    come
    > out blurred, cackles, jumpy, or cannot be read properly by a DVD player.
    > Before I burn the VCD I always checkto make sure the original mpeg/dat/avi
    > files are very clear and smooth when played using Win Media on a PC.
    >
    > Does anyone know why the VCD becomes crappy? and only sometimes, and not

    all
    > the time? is there something i am not setting in Nero? or is there some
    > tricks to it?

    usually it is the conversion process from different formats to VCD
    compatible MPEG 1 or MPEG2 that may introduce problems in sound or picture
    quality, or sound synchronization issues. A better conversion program may
    help. Nero's conversion isn't that great. Try TMPGEnc.

    Thor, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Tones

    Kenny Guest

    I use Nero regularly to do this though only with MPEG's and no problems.
    Close all unnecessary background apps, keep HDD well defragmented and more
    memory may help.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jun 2, 2004
  5. Tones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I agree Kenny, Nero is one of the best out there. Clone CD/DVD is also a
    brilliant program..

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 2, 2004
  6. Tones

    era Guest

    Lloyd Jones wrote:
    > I agree Kenny, Nero is one of the best out there. Clone CD/DVD is also a
    > brilliant program..
    >
    > LJ

    Nero, in my opinion is one of the best burning software around. Its not
    one where l will use to "encode" my video files to.

    A much better encoder, if not the best is TMPGenc as mentioned above.
    Test it out and check the end results

    era, Jun 3, 2004