Burning VCD mpg files onto a DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by gareth hoy, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. gareth hoy

    gareth hoy Guest

    Hi,

    I've been searching high and low for a definative guide to fit
    multiple VCDs onto a DVD+R but am getting a lot of different opinions
    !!

    So what i want to do is:
    1). Download Divx movies (avi)
    2). decompress the audio (I'm currently using AVI Audio decompressor
    ver 4.1)
    3). Convert to MPG format (currently using tmpgenc)
    4). Put more that one MPG file onto my dvd+R. And for it to play on a
    normal DVD player.

    I can sucessfully do steps 1, 2, 3 then burn to a normal CDR.
    But not sure how to get multiple MPG files onto a DVD+R. Providing
    it is possible!!!

    Thanks,
    Gareth

    gareth hoy, Nov 14, 2003

  2. gareth hoy

    Stuff Guest

    I know that with TMPGenc Author you can put mulitple chapters on the disk
    play them seperately. You could make each VCD a chapter. Also with Roxio DVD
    builder, you can put multiple videos on the disk and select them from the
    title menu.

    Stuff, Nov 14, 2003

  3. gareth hoy

    gareth hoy Guest

    Ok thanks But, i'm using Nero not Roxio. Do you know the equivellant
    Burn option in Nero. i.e. drap multiple MPGs onto the DVD then
    burn?? And for it to work on a normal DVD player??

    Also I read sometyhing about if you put an MPG onto a DVD the audio
    decompression should be different???

    Do you know of a website with a definative guide??

    gareth hoy, Nov 15, 2003