    I have tried all the speed available but I am getting same message.

    Any advise in this regard will be of great help to me.

    Thanks.

    J.C, Feb 18, 2007

  2. "J.C" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns98DBC958AAA50JagChan@85.214.50.93...
    >I too am facing CD burning problem.
    >
    > I have Nero 6.3.1.18 bundled version in my Windows xp pro with sp2.
    >
    > Whenever I try to burn CD I am gettting a power calibration error message
    > and then burning process failed message.
    >
    > Previously also I would get same type of message, but with different speed
    > I could burn my CD.
    >
    > I have tried all the speed available but I am getting same message.
    >
    > Any advise in this regard will be of great help to me.
    >
    > Thanks.

    The MS KB is full of power calibration issues associated with burning
    software.
    Go here, type the *exact* error message and select your product, XP etc
    Click search and have a read of the results:
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/

    Ancient Trojan, Feb 18, 2007

  3. J.C

    olfart Guest

    "J.C" <> wrote in message
    >I too am facing CD burning problem.
    >
    > I have Nero 6.3.1.18 bundled version in my Windows xp pro with sp2.
    >
    > Whenever I try to burn CD I am gettting a power calibration error message
    > and then burning process failed message.
    >
    > Previously also I would get same type of message, but with different speed
    > I could burn my CD.
    >
    > I have tried all the speed available but I am getting same message.
    >
    > Any advise in this regard will be of great help to me.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Depending on the age of your writer, you could have a dirty laser lens.
    Cigarette smoke is one big cause of this. You can clean the lens with a
    Q-Tip and alcohol

    olfart, Feb 18, 2007
  4. J.C

    J.C Guest

    "Ancient Trojan" <> wrote in

    > "J.C" <> wrote in message
    >>I too am facing CD burning problem.

    >> Whenever I try to burn CD I am gettting a power calibration error
    >> message and then burning process failed message.
    >>
    >> Any advise in this regard will be of great help to me.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > The MS KB is full of power calibration issues associated with burning
    > software.
    > Go here, type the *exact* error message and select your product, XP
    > etc Click search and have a read of the results:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/search/

    Thanks for the suggestion.

    Though it didn't help, it gave me the idea to try google.

    There I found one person facing similar problem and his solution.

    It worked for me too.

    I am pasting the solution here for others, who may be facing similar
    problem:

    ***
    I use to suffer from the ballache of power callibration errors until i
    turned of Win XP's burning engine, to do this follow:

    1 click start
    2 select control panel
    3 click on administrative tools
    4 click on services
    5 browse your way down to IMAPI CD BURNING COM SERVICE
    6 right click (on IMAPI) then select properties
    7 in the middle of the window it will say start up type.click on the
    arrow to the right and select disabled.
    8 make sure you click APPLY

    After this i was able to burn anything i wanted at quite fast speeds with
    shody media.
    ***

    Though I couldn't burn at fast speed, but burning at 8x did the trick for
    me.

    Thanks once again and Regards.

    J.C, Feb 18, 2007
  5. J.C

    J.C Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in

    > "J.C" <> wrote in message
    >>I too am facing CD burning problem.
    >>

    >> Whenever I try to burn CD I am gettting a power calibration error
    >> message and then burning process failed message.
    >>

    >> Any advise in this regard will be of great help to me.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Depending on the age of your writer, you could have a dirty laser
    > lens. Cigarette smoke is one big cause of this. You can clean the lens
    > with a Q-Tip and alcohol

    Though I have solved the problem, I will definitely follow your
    suggestion.

    Thanks & Regards

    J.C, Feb 18, 2007
  6. "J.C" <> wrote in message
    > "Ancient Trojan" <> wrote in

    snip
    > Thanks for the suggestion.
    >
    > Though it didn't help, it gave me the idea to try google.
    >
    > There I found one person facing similar problem and his solution.
    >
    > It worked for me too.
    >
    > I am pasting the solution here for others, who may be facing similar
    > problem:
    >
    > ***
    > I use to suffer from the ballache of power callibration errors until i
    > turned of Win XP's burning engine, to do this follow:
    >
    > 1 click start
    > 2 select control panel
    > 3 click on administrative tools
    > 4 click on services
    > 5 browse your way down to IMAPI CD BURNING COM SERVICE
    > 6 right click (on IMAPI) then select properties
    > 7 in the middle of the window it will say start up type.click on the
    > arrow to the right and select disabled.
    > 8 make sure you click APPLY
    >

    > After this i was able to burn anything i wanted at quite fast speeds with
    > shody media.
    > ***
    >
    > Though I couldn't burn at fast speed, but burning at 8x did the trick for
    > me.
    >
    > Thanks once again and Regards.

    Excellent, and thanks for posting the solution.

    Ancient Trojan, Feb 18, 2007