Burning problem.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dave, Nov 27, 2005.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    For some reason I cannot burn files onto a CD-RW disc (Imation brand),
    either through Windows Explorer using XP or via Windows Media player. I
    have set the speed to the lowest level and closed all other programs.
    The disc is new and clean. Napster also has problems when purchasing a
    track to burn.

    I have no idea what the problem is. I am trying it with .mp3 files, but
    other types also fail to work. On Media player, it looks OK and says it
    is burning but once the CD automatically ejects, Media player says it
    was unable to burn.

    The .mp3 files are located on the hard drive, C.

    I have tried using Burn4Free which seemed to work and gave no error
    messages. However, although the Properties menu in Windows Explorer
    showed the CD-RW to be full, there were no files listed. I can erase
    the CD, which suggests there is something on it after using Burn4Free
    but I have no idea how to see what is there!

    I have tried several diferent CD-RWs from the box I have, but get the
    same problems. Is it possible that it is the CD-RW brand which is the
    problem, or perhaps it is some kind of set-up issue with my laptop?

    Any idea what the problem is; thanks.
    Dave, Nov 27, 2005

  2. Dave

    Trax Guest

    Dave <> wrote:

    |>For some reason I cannot burn files onto a CD-RW disc (Imation brand),
    |>either through Windows Explorer using XP or via Windows Media player. I
    |>have set the speed to the lowest level and closed all other programs.
    |>The disc is new and clean. Napster also has problems when purchasing a
    |>track to burn.
    |>
    |>I have no idea what the problem is. I am trying it with .mp3 files, but
    |>other types also fail to work. On Media player, it looks OK and says it
    |>is burning but once the CD automatically ejects, Media player says it
    |>was unable to burn.
    |>
    |>The .mp3 files are located on the hard drive, C.
    |>
    |>I have tried using Burn4Free which seemed to work and gave no error
    |>messages. However, although the Properties menu in Windows Explorer
    |>showed the CD-RW to be full, there were no files listed. I can erase
    |>the CD, which suggests there is something on it after using Burn4Free
    |>but I have no idea how to see what is there!
    |>
    |>I have tried several diferent CD-RWs from the box I have, but get the
    |>same problems. Is it possible that it is the CD-RW brand which is the
    |>problem, or perhaps it is some kind of set-up issue with my laptop?
    |>
    |>Any idea what the problem is; thanks.

    Your burning software should create a .log file (check prefs) that
    describes what it did, successful or not. Read that log from the
    bottom up until you get to the start of the error, google your find.

    --
    http://www.sodaplay.com/constructor/index.htm
    Trax, Nov 27, 2005