Burning problem with Nero

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by bhat, Dec 28, 2004.

  1. bhat

    bhat Guest

    I was gifted a VCD by my brother. I made a music CD from it after
    ripping out the Vedio from it. So was left with 10 wave files. Converted
    all into mp3. So it became 129 MB folder. The wave folder became more
    than 700 MB.

    When I tried to burn a Cd with "Nero 5.5.10.56 bundled" I got the
    following error-----There is not enough space to burn this compilation
    onto this medium, Please Insert another medium that provides more
    space". After updating the driver of Nero, rebooting the computer
    nothing happened when finally I bifurcated the data into two parts and
    it worked. So I had to make two CDs instead of one.

    I fail to understand as to why I was getting the message to have another
    CD even when the total size of the files to be burnt was only about
    129MB and when the CD has a capacity of more than 600MB.

    Support from Nero did not help.

    Any guidance please?
    bhat

    bhat, Dec 28, 2004

  2. bhat

    pat Guest

    go to the inter net and find a DVD shrink 3.1 this will shrink your video so it fits on one disk

    pat, Dec 28, 2004

  3. bhat

    Ingeborg Guest

    bhat <> wrote in news::

    > I was gifted a VCD by my brother. I made a music CD from it after
    > ripping out the Vedio from it. So was left with 10 wave files. Converted
    > all into mp3. So it became 129 MB folder. The wave folder became more
    > than 700 MB.
    >
    > When I tried to burn a Cd with "Nero 5.5.10.56 bundled" I got the
    > following error-----There is not enough space to burn this compilation
    > onto this medium, Please Insert another medium that provides more
    > space". After updating the driver of Nero, rebooting the computer
    > nothing happened when finally I bifurcated the data into two parts and
    > it worked. So I had to make two CDs instead of one.
    >
    > I fail to understand as to why I was getting the message to have another
    > CD even when the total size of the files to be burnt was only about
    > 129MB and when the CD has a capacity of more than 600MB.
    >
    > Support from Nero did not help.
    >
    > Any guidance please?
    > bhat

    When you burn a standard audio cd from mp3 files, Nero will extract them to
    the original wav format, which is more than 700 MB, as you write. When you
    want to burn a cd with mp3 files on it, you'll have to burn a data cd
    instead.

    Ingeborg, Dec 28, 2004
  4. bhat

    Brian Guest

    "bhat" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I was gifted a VCD by my brother. I made a music CD from it after
    > ripping out the Vedio from it. So was left with 10 wave files. Converted
    > all into mp3. So it became 129 MB folder. The wave folder became more
    > than 700 MB.
    >
    > When I tried to burn a Cd with "Nero 5.5.10.56 bundled" I got the
    > following error-----There is not enough space to burn this compilation
    > onto this medium, Please Insert another medium that provides more
    > space". After updating the driver of Nero, rebooting the computer
    > nothing happened when finally I bifurcated the data into two parts and
    > it worked. So I had to make two CDs instead of one.
    >
    > I fail to understand as to why I was getting the message to have another
    > CD even when the total size of the files to be burnt was only about
    > 129MB and when the CD has a capacity of more than 600MB.
    >
    > Support from Nero did not help.
    >
    > Any guidance please?
    > bhat

    did it show you 129mb in the nero status bar? or was the folder 129mb? if
    the latter: nero creates cda files when compiling a music cd and will grow
    larger (after analyzing) than the start size of 129mb.
    if the folder in win explorer was 129mb the go through the process again,
    select the files which are to be burned and look at the status bar(to show
    size of files to be burned:file>>preferences>>general>>check "show
    compilation size in nero status bar" also: make sure "status bar" is
    checked under "view") it will probably exeed 700mb, hence the error.

    if nero is showing 129mb in its status bar have a look under
    recorder>>medium info to see if the empty cd is recognised as 700mb.if all
    fails try different brand of medium or de and reinstall nero

    Brian, Dec 28, 2004
  5. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    28 Dec 2004 07:50:23 -0700, "pat" <> screamed from behind
    the mulberry bush:

    >go to the inter net and find a DVD shrink 3.1 this will shrink your video so it fits on one disk

    You dumb ****, if it's compressed he won't be able to play them (even
    if DVD shrink *could* compress MP3 files any further.) When he's
    trying to burn the CD, Nero reverts the MP3 files back to wave files,
    which expand the file sizes to over 700 megs (as he stated.) Newer
    versions of Nero will allow a certain amount of overburn but if you
    want to burn this you have to do it as an MP3 album or data.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Dec 28, 2004
  6. bhat

    bhat Guest

    Thanks for the guidance.
    ” When you want to burn a cd with mp3 files on it, you'll have to burn a
    data cd instead.”---- but that is not going to help as I am using the
    music CD in my vehicle’s CD player.
    Bhat

    bhat, Dec 28, 2004
  7. bhat

    bhat Guest

    Thanks for the guidance: “Nero reverts the MP3 files back to wave
    files, which expand the file sizes to over 700 megs”. In fact the
    recordable CD is only 703 MB and the wave files are total 874MB.
    Bhat

    bhat, Dec 28, 2004
  8. bhat

    bhat Guest

    Thanks for your detailed guidance. The folder containing mp3 files shows
    129MB, however the File menu/Compilation shows 877MB (recordable CD is
    703 MB), but I could not find any size from the compilation size in the
    Nero status bar. It shows blue/yellow/red bars in the same order and the
    red one ends at 90min.
    bhat

    bhat, Dec 28, 2004