    create a burned cdrom containing my pc video files that will play in my
    DVD Player. Is there freeware out there to help me do this? Any info
    is greatly appreciated!!!
    Jasper, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Jasper

    Bill's News Guest

    Jasper wrote:
    > Can someone please give me a simple step-by-step instruction on how
    > create a burned cdrom containing my pc video files that will play in
    > my DVD Player. Is there freeware out there to help me do this? Any
    > info is greatly appreciated!!!

    I don't think that anyone lacking a crystal ball could tell you!

    Some things you need to know and pass on when asking:

    * Will your DVD player recognize PC burned media?
    * Depending upon what sort of "pc video files" you have,
    you may or may not need to convert them to a form which is
    compatible with DVD.
    * Depending upon whether you'd like menus with your popcorn,
    you may or may not need authoring software to handle the
    converted and/or compliant files.
    * Once you have DVD compliant and structured files, you'll
    need a DVD burner and burning software that can organize
    a proper DVD structure on the media.
    * If you plan to create many DVDs, once you've mastered your
    environment, you should consider storage and labeling.
    * Since there is always more ways of skinning a cat, you might
    want to become aware of stand-alone DVD players which are
    able to play the "pc video files" you have without further effort.
    In which case these files would merely be burnt to media as data.
    * And, of course, if your need is transient, such as time shifting,
    then you might consider simply connecting your PC to your TV.
    Bill's News, Feb 1, 2006