    this is ridiculous. i try and drag and drop to a cd folder and it says that
    it cannot perform the operation?

    help please...i have to have a cd couriered by 4
    =?Utf-8?B?dG9xdWU=?=, May 31, 2005

  2. You definitely have some 64 bit blues, for the printer you might need to use
    an alternate that is closest to the one you presently own, for example, if
    its an HP 1010, you would try a 1011, HP printers all speak one version or
    another of PCL (Printer Control Language), and many also support PostScript.
    as well.

    As for the MP3 player, manufacturers website or try windowsmarketplace.com,
    you also need the specific drivers/software for the DVD Burner to become
    usable on x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005

  3. Don't plan on having that CD done by 4 with the non-informative post you
    made. We have no idea what hardware you have or in what configuration
    it's in. I don't know where to start...

    Printer - What printer is it? Did you try using a similar model in the
    Add Printer Wizard? Did you check for x64 drivers at the printer's
    manufacturer support/downloads page?

    MP3 player software - What software are you referring to? Check for an
    updated version or workaround?

    Camera/Camera software - What camera? What software?

    DVD ROMs - Let me remind you DVD ROMs cannot burn. ROMs are read-only
    hence the first two letters being 'R' and 'O'. I'm sure this was just a
    typo on your part tho... Is the "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service" running?
    What make/model are these burners? Right-click > Properties on one of
    your burners... Do you have a recording tab?

    Nero - I'm sure it's complaining about your date because of licensing
    checks. Are you using a legitimate version of Nero? Is your BIOS and/or
    Windows time set correctly? Correct timezone? Daylight savings? Did you
    install Nero while your time was incorrect then fixed it?

    We need this information before we can help.

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/Rafael

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 1, 2005
  4. Burning to CD on x64 -- a beta of this excellent little PowerToy is now
    available:

    http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/beta.htm

    I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, and it hasn't crashed my
    system, hung it out to lunch, caused an incompatibility, or created a disk I
    couldn't read. Recommended, with the caveat that it _is_ still beta and not
    fully tested. But if you find a problem, by all means let Alex know, I'm sure
    he'll fix it.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 1, 2005
  5. Hasn't that Powertoy been available for long time now for 32 bit XP Charlie?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005
  6. It has been, but the 32-bit version won't work on xp64 because of some
    things that are happening under the hood.

    --
    Alex Feinman
    ---

    Alex Feinman [MVP], Jun 1, 2005
  7. Alex Feinman [MVP] <> wrote:
    > It has been, but the 32-bit version won't work on xp64 because of some
    > things that are happening under the hood.

    Hi Alex,

    I had a problem the first time I tried, but after reinstall, everything is
    working really great. Thanks

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 1, 2005
  8. Yup, it's been available for 32-bit windows. But wouldn't work on 64-bit, so
    Alex was kind enough to do an x64 version.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 1, 2005
  9. Thanks again for this little gem, Alex.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 1, 2005
  10. Thanks Alex for moving with the times. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005