    know I can store data files on a DVD. I'm just wondering if this new
    player will decode the mp3's if they're on a DVD disc. Thanks

    , Jan 17, 2005

  2. Ionizer Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > I just bought an mp3 player. It's the kiind that looks like a Discman
    > but plays mp3 files as well as CD's. Before I waste a blank DVD disc,
    > I wanted to ask if I can burn mp3 files to a blank DVD disc, in order
    > to get more songs on a single disc? Is the difference between CD's and
    > DVD's just in the encoding or are the blanks inherently different? I
    > know I can store data files on a DVD. I'm just wondering if this new
    > player will decode the mp3's if they're on a DVD disc. Thanks

    The blanks are inherently different. *If* your mp3 player, which you have
    not named, recognizes DVD media (read the manual,) just set your burning
    software to create a *data* disc, fill it with mp3 files, and you're good
    to go.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Paul - xxx Guest

    composed the following;:
    > I just bought an mp3 player. It's the kiind that looks like a Discman
    > but plays mp3 files as well as CD's. Before I waste a blank DVD disc,
    > I wanted to ask if I can burn mp3 files to a blank DVD disc, in order
    > to get more songs on a single disc? Is the difference between CD's and
    > DVD's just in the encoding or are the blanks inherently different? I
    > know I can store data files on a DVD. I'm just wondering if this new
    > player will decode the mp3's if they're on a DVD disc. Thanks

    Generally no, an MP3 compatible CD player won't read data off DVD's,
    they are a different thing altogether. Burn the MP3's as data to a CDR,
    you'll be able to get upwards from 100 tracks onto it, depending upon
    the sampling rate used to record the MP3's and their subsequent file
    size ... ;).

    --
    Paul ...
    http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php

    Paul - xxx, Jan 18, 2005
  4. Guest

    Okay, thanks for the replies. I was just trying to get more bang for
    my bucks. I just burned close to 200 tunes on one CD, so I should be
    good for a while. Thanks again.

    , Jan 18, 2005