Burning movies to DVD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robb, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. Robb

    Robb Guest

    Frosty wrote:
    >OK, so I still have 200 DVD+R discs that I won't be burning music to
    >to listen to in my car. (Mrs. Frosty must continue to ride in the back
    >seat with the Frostettes.)

    I've got ~500 DVD's all "store purchased" that haven't seen daylight
    in two years. Cable and PVR rule.

    >But I have a few gigs of various movies, music videos, and old WKRP
    >reruns on my harddrive which I would like to put onto DVD discs and
    >watch on my few friends' DVD players.

    Did you ask your friend about that, watching WKRP at his house?

    >I burned some music videos, which were .avi and .mpg formats and the
    >.mpg's worked on my player, but not on my friend's. (The .avi's
    >wouldn't play on mine either.)
    >
    >Clue? Anyone got one for me?

    DVD Santa? Google - there are tons of DVD packages.

    --
    Robb
    Robb, Mar 29, 2007

  2. Robb

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Robb" <> wrote in message
    > Frosty wrote:
    >
    >>But I have a few gigs of various movies, music videos, and old WKRP
    >>reruns on my harddrive which I would like to put onto DVD discs and
    >>watch on my few friends' DVD players.

    > Did you ask your friend about that, watching WKRP at his house?

    Heh! They might not let him come back for a second airing...EVER <g>!
    WhzzKdd, Mar 29, 2007

  3. Robb

    doS Guest

    convert them to dvd format.use womble dvd from www.womble.com

    Frosty, Mar 29, 2007
  5. Robb

    art2u Guest

    On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:47:42 -0500, Frosty wrote:

    > OK, so I still have 200 DVD+R discs that I won't be burning music to
    > to listen to in my car. (Mrs. Frosty must continue to ride in the back
    > seat with the Frostettes.)
    >
    > But I have a few gigs of various movies, music videos, and old WKRP
    > reruns on my harddrive which I would like to put onto DVD discs and
    > watch on my few friends' DVD players.
    >
    > I burned some music videos, which were .avi and .mpg formats and the
    > .mpg's worked on my player, but not on my friend's. (The .avi's
    > wouldn't play on mine either.)
    >
    > Clue? Anyone got one for me?

    VSO DivxToDVD 0.5.2b (last freeware version)
    http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/Audio-Video/vsoDivxToDVD.html

    DivxToDVD converts your movie files from a wide range of formats (AVI,
    XVID, MPEG, and DIVX) to compliant DVD structures (VOB and IFO).

    -Art- (not Art)
    art2u, Mar 29, 2007
  6. Robb

    Robb Guest

    Frosty wrote:
    <snip>
    >Yeah, Google. I've heard of that.
    >http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
    >Listen, I *have* Nero but when I burned mpg's to a DVD they worked on
    >my DVD player but not my friend's.
    >So like can you or someone tell me the birds eye lowdown (whatever
    >that means) on burning DVD's?

    No. I've got the /same/ problem. I can burn a DVD with Nero that plays on a
    few players, but not on others. I don't intend to fix it, nothing I put on DVD
    to watch on TV is critical, most of my family doesn't watch that much TV.

    --
    Robb
    Robb, Mar 29, 2007
  7. Robb

    Frosty Guest

    but instead wrote :

    >Frosty wrote:
    >>OK, so I still have 200 DVD+R discs that I won't be burning music to
    >>to listen to in my car. (Mrs. Frosty must continue to ride in the back
    >>seat with the Frostettes.)

    >I've got ~500 DVD's all "store purchased" that haven't seen daylight
    >in two years. Cable and PVR rule.
    >
    >>But I have a few gigs of various movies, music videos, and old WKRP
    >>reruns on my harddrive which I would like to put onto DVD discs and
    >>watch on my few friends' DVD players.

    >Did you ask your friend about that, watching WKRP at his house?
    >
    >>I burned some music videos, which were .avi and .mpg formats and the
    >>.mpg's worked on my player, but not on my friend's. (The .avi's
    >>wouldn't play on mine either.)
    >>
    >>Clue? Anyone got one for me?

    >DVD Santa? Google - there are tons of DVD packages.

    Yeah, Google. I've heard of that.
    http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
    Listen, I *have* Nero but when I burned mpg's to a DVD they worked on
    my DVD player but not my friend's.
    So like can you or someone tell me the birds eye lowdown (whatever
    that means) on burning DVD's?
    If I wanted to wade thru oceans of text on DVD burning I'd
    http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
    Frosty, Mar 29, 2007
  8. Robb

    Frosty Guest

    On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 23:04:49 -0400 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk art2u
    instead wrote :

    >On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:47:42 -0500, Frosty wrote:
    >
    >> OK, so I still have 200 DVD+R discs that I won't be burning music to
    >> to listen to in my car. (Mrs. Frosty must continue to ride in the back
    >> seat with the Frostettes.)
    >>
    >> But I have a few gigs of various movies, music videos, and old WKRP
    >> reruns on my harddrive which I would like to put onto DVD discs and
    >> watch on my few friends' DVD players.
    >>
    >> I burned some music videos, which were .avi and .mpg formats and the
    >> .mpg's worked on my player, but not on my friend's. (The .avi's
    >> wouldn't play on mine either.)
    >>
    >> Clue? Anyone got one for me?

    >VSO DivxToDVD 0.5.2b (last freeware version)
    >http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/Audio-Video/vsoDivxToDVD.html
    >
    >DivxToDVD converts your movie files from a wide range of formats (AVI,
    >XVID, MPEG, and DIVX) to compliant DVD structures (VOB and IFO).
    >
    >-Art- (not Art)

    Thanx -Art-
    Frosty, Mar 29, 2007