Burning movies to discs.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ian Barlow, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. Ian Barlow

    Ian Barlow Guest

    hi gang

    bought myself an LG dual layer burner today and some blank DL disks ($11
    ouch).

    I love DVD Shrink but with the price of blank DL disks coming down over the
    next year there'll be less and less reason to use it.

    So whats the best proggy at the moment to copy a DL movie to a DL blank?

    And while I'm here :)

    What's the best proggy to use to copy a DL movie over to two SL blanks if
    you dont want to compress it?

    thanx guys

    Ian

    Ian Barlow, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Ian Barlow

    Nonymous Guest

    "Ian Barlow" <> wrote in message
    > hi gang
    >
    > bought myself an LG dual layer burner today and some blank DL disks ($11
    > ouch).
    >
    > I love DVD Shrink but with the price of blank DL disks coming down over

    the
    > next year there'll be less and less reason to use it.
    >
    > So whats the best proggy at the moment to copy a DL movie to a DL blank?
    >
    > And while I'm here :)
    >
    > What's the best proggy to use to copy a DL movie over to two SL blanks if
    > you dont want to compress it?

    "Proggy"? Do you say that when you speak verbally, too?

    Nonymous, Aug 12, 2004

  3. Ian Barlow

    Reptar Guest

    your nick is Nonymous and your picking on someone's grammar ???
    hahahahaha

    Garry

    Reptar, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Ian Barlow

    John Guest

    "Ian Barlow" <> wrote in message
    > hi gang
    >
    > bought myself an LG dual layer burner today and some blank DL disks ($11
    > ouch).
    >
    > I love DVD Shrink but with the price of blank DL disks coming down over

    the
    > next year there'll be less and less reason to use it.
    >
    > So whats the best proggy at the moment to copy a DL movie to a DL blank?

    The best program to used will be Decryter and Nero combination but you have
    make sure the booktype of you burned disc is set to DVD-ROM, I am not sure
    which utility will work with LG to set the booktype to DVD-ROM. Why don't
    you get Pioneer by the way, it is only about $13 more than a LG burner and
    it
    is also a 4x DVD+R Dual Layer burner, the compatibility of it dual layer
    disc is
    great so far the DL disc I burned work with my Pioneer but had a slight
    problem
    with el cheapo chinese player like Nintause ( I read someone else' post this
    is
    cause by the laser used in these player not strong enough to read the last
    few MB
    on the 2nd layer). Since you just bought it if I were you I would swap the
    LG
    with Pioneer, LG is a great single layer burner but Pioneer is more reliable
    and
    has better compatibility with its burned disc.

    > And while I'm here :)
    >
    > What's the best proggy to use to copy a DL movie over to two SL blanks if
    > you dont want to compress it?

    The easiest progam to use to split DL movie to 2 SL blanks is DVDFab, it is
    pretty
    much click and split type of program easy to use, you just have to select
    the chapter
    breaking point on you disc and then go. The only problem is the menu and
    extra
    and a bit of the movie will on the first disc and there will be no menu and
    extra on
    the second disc. The other choice will be IFOEdit which is a bit more
    complicated
    to use.

    John, Aug 12, 2004
  5. Ian Barlow

    Biz Guest

    "Ian Barlow" <> wrote in message
    > hi gang
    >
    > bought myself an LG dual layer burner today and some blank DL disks ($11
    > ouch).
    >
    > I love DVD Shrink but with the price of blank DL disks coming down over

    the
    > next year there'll be less and less reason to use it.
    >
    > So whats the best proggy at the moment to copy a DL movie to a DL blank?
    >
    > And while I'm here :)
    >
    > What's the best proggy to use to copy a DL movie over to two SL blanks if
    > you dont want to compress it?
    >

    > thanx guys
    >
    > Ian

    The same programs can still be used. Although all you need now is a ripper
    and a burning program. For $11 bucks blank, its about the same cost as
    buying another copy of the movie, or in some cases, buying their own legal
    copy of a movie, since they didint buy the original they are copying form
    anyway!

    Biz, Aug 12, 2004
  6. Ian Barlow

    Michael Guest

    Don't you mean 'you're'?

    Michael, Aug 13, 2004
  7. Ian Barlow

    Guest

    Careful,,,,,,,
    You might start your house on fire....

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 07:09:11 GMT, Ian Barlow
    <> wrote:

    >hi gang
    >
    >bought myself an LG dual layer burner today and some blank DL disks ($11
    >ouch).
    >
    >I love DVD Shrink but with the price of blank DL disks coming down over the
    >next year there'll be less and less reason to use it.
    >
    >So whats the best proggy at the moment to copy a DL movie to a DL blank?
    >
    >And while I'm here :)
    >
    >What's the best proggy to use to copy a DL movie over to two SL blanks if
    >you dont want to compress it?
    >

    >thanx guys
    >
    >Ian

    , Aug 13, 2004
  8. Ian Barlow

    Reptar Guest

    Touché
    :)

    Reptar, Aug 13, 2004
  9. Ian Barlow

    MondoMojo Guest

    <> wrote:

    >hi gang
    >
    >bought myself an LG dual layer burner today and some blank DL disks ($11
    >ouch).
    >
    >I love DVD Shrink but with the price of blank DL disks coming down over the
    >next year there'll be less and less reason to use it.
    >
    >So whats the best proggy at the moment to copy a DL movie to a DL blank?
    >
    >And while I'm here :)
    >
    >What's the best proggy to use to copy a DL movie over to two SL blanks if
    >you dont want to compress it?
    >

    >thanx guys
    >
    >Ian

    Hello Ian,

    I like DVD Shrink, but prefer CloneDVD2 (from Elby) in combination
    with AnyDVD (to remove CSS, Macrovision, forced menus, etc). I don't
    have a dual layer burner yet, but have read that CloneDVD2 will burn
    dual layer blanks.

    You can split a DVD across two blanks, and the menu is preserved on
    both discs. It is very easy to customize your copy by simply checking
    or unchecking what you want to include or delete. There are plenty of
    options and they are simple to implement.

    Best,
    MM

    MondoMojo, Aug 13, 2004
  10. Ian Barlow

    Codswallop Guest

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:15:35 GMT, Michael wrote in aus.dvd:

    > "Reptar" <garryozols at optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> your nick is Nonymous and your picking on someone's grammar ???
    >> hahahahaha

    > Don't you mean 'you're'?

    Erm, no he doesn't.

    "Your" is the correct word to use in that context.
    "You're" (or "You are") is not the correct word to use.

    --
    - Cods
    (un ROT-13 to email)

    Welcome to KILLFILE, population: You.

    Codswallop, Aug 18, 2004
  11. Ian Barlow

    Michael Guest

    Read his entire sentence.

    Michael, Aug 18, 2004
  12. Ian Barlow

    Codswallop Guest

    On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 04:11:26 GMT, Michael wrote in aus.dvd:

    >> > Don't you mean 'you're'?

    >> Erm, no he doesn't.
    >>
    >> "Your" is the correct word to use in that context.
    >> "You're" (or "You are") is not the correct word to use.

    > Read his entire sentence.

    To which "you're"/"your" was he referring? His grammar let him down as
    he didn't specify.

    Yes I'm trying to cover up the fact that I didn't read the whole
    thing... ;)

    Codswallop, Aug 18, 2004