  1. Using Nero 5 to do just that. However, limited to 99 pic only. Is there a
    work-a-round ??

    Many thanks,

    Casual Looker, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Casual Looker

    Stewy Guest

    "Casual Looker" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Using Nero 5 to do just that. However, limited to 99 pic only. Is there a
    > work-a-round ??

    Folders

    Stewy, Oct 3, 2003

  3. Come on, be a bit more helpful. I'm pretty new to this. Can you tell me
    how I actually do it.

    thanks,

    Casual Looker, Oct 3, 2003
  4. Casual Looker

    Lee Guest

    You may want to try out "Photo Album 4" from JASC.
    They have a free 30 day trial of their software at
    http://www.jasc.com/products/photoalbum/new.asp
    And YES you CAN burn jpg's to DVD.... I've tried it and it works great.

    > Come on, be a bit more helpful. I'm pretty new to this. Can you tell me
    > how I actually do it.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > In article <blih1m$e6e$>, "Stewy"

    <>

    Lee, Oct 3, 2003
  5. Casual Looker

    Guest

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 13:24:14 GMT, (Casual Looker)
    wrote:

    >Come on, be a bit more helpful. I'm pretty new to this. Can you tell me
    >how I actually do it.
    >
    >thanks,
    >
    >In article <blih1m$e6e$>, "Stewy" <>
    >wrote:
    >>
    >>"Casual Looker" <> wrote in message
    >>> Using Nero 5 to do just that. However, limited to 99 pic only. Is there a
    >>> work-a-round ??
    >>>

    >>Folders

    Not specifically answering your question, but have a look here
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/ There may be even something specific to
    Nero here - it's a big site.

    MJ

    , Oct 3, 2003
  6. Thanks MJ, tried dvdrhelp and nero sites, they both conviently used <99 pics
    in their examples. Yes, I can do that too, but 99 Pics on a 700Mb CD would be
    a great waste, hence the question here.

    I'll hang in for some one with REAL Nero experience who is willing to share -
    else change software.

    Casual Looker, Oct 4, 2003
  7. Casual Looker

    MR Guest

    Hi,
    Coincidentally or not. Yesterday I used my Nero 5.0 to create a slide
    show.

    As the NERO help file did not mention JPGs I first converted the photos to
    BMP using Irfanview. Following the instruction in the website
    www.vcdhelp.com I configured Irfanview to create 640x480 photo files.

    Then, following up NERO's help instructions, I simply dragged and dropped
    around 300 photos to the folder (CD) where I was creating the VCD file.
    Configured NERO exactly as per the help file.

    Worked great.

    What I noticed, however, is that the photos lose resolution and some
    contrast. Well...I was watching them on my 60in rear projection TV. :))

    But you should not have any problems burning more than 99 files. NERO's
    documentation does not mention anything regarding this limitation. And my
    experience shows it's not correct.

    Good luck!

    (Casual Looker) wrote in

    MR, Oct 4, 2003
  8. Casual Looker

    Guest

    You might want to look at Ulead DVD Picture Show (it does vcds as
    well). I found it to be very quick, fairly simple after a few minutes
    of playing around, and gave excellent picture quality on my 42in
    plasma screen. The picture file size is reduced considerably so you
    can fit loads on a disc, but it doesn't seem to affect the on-screen
    quality. There is a 99 pic limit again, but you just create more
    folders. Menu creation too. Creates and burns the disc (cd) in about
    10 mins. I tried Nero myself and found it to be awful.

    I've just started trying v2 of the Ulead prog and initial findings
    seem to indicate that I cannot get anywhere near the same number of
    pics on a disc as with v1. I don't know if it's some setting that
    needs adjusting or if they've changed the prog.

    MJ

    , Oct 4, 2003
  9. Casual Looker

    Guest

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 03:21:47 +0100, wrote:

    >You might want to look at Ulead DVD Picture Show (it does vcds as
    >well). I found it to be very quick, fairly simple after a few minutes
    >of playing around, and gave excellent picture quality on my 42in
    >plasma screen. The picture file size is reduced considerably so you
    >can fit loads on a disc, but it doesn't seem to affect the on-screen
    >quality. There is a 99 pic limit again, but you just create more
    >folders. Menu creation too. Creates and burns the disc (cd) in about
    >10 mins. I tried Nero myself and found it to be awful.
    >
    >I've just started trying v2 of the Ulead prog and initial findings
    >seem to indicate that I cannot get anywhere near the same number of
    >pics on a disc as with v1. I don't know if it's some setting that
    >needs adjusting or if they've changed the prog.
    >
    >MJ

    See the later thread 'DVD vs VCD slide show' on choosing picture
    quality.

    MJ

    , Oct 4, 2003
  10. Casual Looker

    > Come on, be a bit more helpful. I'm pretty new to this. Can you tell me
    > how I actually do it.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > In article <blih1m$e6e$>, "Stewy"

    <>
    > wrote:
    > >
    > >"Casual Looker" <> wrote in message
    > >> Using Nero 5 to do just that. However, limited to 99 pic only. Is there

    > >> work-a-round ??
    > >>

    > >Folders

    Placing sets of photos (same date, same subject, same something) in folders
    and then drag these into the Nero window. Nero will allow 99 folders. Each
    of these could have sub-directories too. It means more clicking but at least
    you'll be able to find what you're looking for.

    Stewy, Oct 4, 2003
  11. Casual Looker

    Ralph Mowery Guest

    > Come on, be a bit more helpful. I'm pretty new to this. Can you tell me
    > how I actually do it.

    Each type of drive will only allow so many files in the root directory. YOu
    need to make a subdirectory or folder to hold more than that number of
    files. Not sure if the cdrom is imiated ot 99 files in the root directory
    or not. I also want to say if the names of the programs are over so long
    then it will have the effect of taking up more than one file name slot.
    All this may depend on the operating system.

    Ralph Mowery, Dec 13, 2003