    to do this than to save each message individually and then onto CD. The
    extension of the folders are .dbx, so I can't just burn the whole folder
    like that. Help is greatly appreciated.

    vince, Nov 5, 2003

  2. vince

    Robert Baer Guest

    vince wrote:

    > I need to burn emails from Outlook Express onto a CD. Is there an easier way
    > to do this than to save each message individually and then onto CD. The
    > extension of the folders are .dbx, so I can't just burn the whole folder
    > like that. Help is greatly appreciated.

    NO, the *folder* extension is not .DBX - the *file* extension is .DBX
    and the file can be copied and saved as you choose.
    However there might be a problem in making OE recognizing it on a CD
    (or there might not).

    Robert Baer, Nov 6, 2003

  3. vince

    Livewire Guest

    In article <Etfqb.86865$ao4.264005@attbi_s51>,
    says...
    > I need to burn emails from Outlook Express onto a CD. Is there an easier way
    > to do this than to save each message individually and then onto CD. The
    > extension of the folders are .dbx, so I can't just burn the whole folder
    > like that. Help is greatly appreciated.

    You can highlight one or more OE emails and drag them to a normal
    Windows folder (ie a Windows Explorer folder, not an OE one) where they
    will become individual files, each with the .eml extension.

    Then just copy that folder onto CD as normal.

    To restore, just highlight individual emails on your CD and drag and
    drop back into OE.

    One tip -- create an empty directory in OE to drag them back into. Then
    move them to whatever folders you want. Otherwise it's easy to lose them
    among other emails already in the destination folder as they do not show
    up as Unread.

    Livewire, Nov 6, 2003
  4. vince

    Jerry G. Guest

    You can copy them directly to the CD disk, and back again for retrieval. I
    would prefer to export them to the CD disk, and import them back when
    required.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG