    ok to put other things on beside data like music, photos, video etc?

    Thanks in advance,
    Grace

    Grace, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Grace

    Jamco Guest

    Yes theres free software out there to remove copy protection (dvd shrink is
    excellent)

    Freezing and jumping usually at the end of the disc is usually a sign of a
    cheap disc, try using better discs

    DVD-R/+R are just different formats, DVD-R seems to be slightly more
    compatible with most DVD players

    Yes you can put anything you want on the DVD even if it says its just for
    data.

    Jamco, Jun 7, 2005

  3. Grace

    hummerdog Guest

    "Grace" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know the answer to these questions.
    >
    > 1. If a dvd is copy protected, will any software burn it as my copy of

    Nero
    > Express doesn't. (It is my own bought copy that I want to do a copy from

    for
    > my second machine).
    > 2. I managed to burn one dvd successfully but when I watched the copy, it
    > kept jumping and freezing - is that a software, player or disk problem?
    > 3. What's the difference between DVD -R and DVD +R ?
    > 4. I bought a packet of blank DVDs and it said Data on the packet - are

    they
    > ok to put other things on beside data like music, photos, video etc?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Grace

    Google for and download DVDshrink. Install it and use to copy your DVD to
    your hard drive. Burn those files to your blank DVD. Job done. best
    wishes..J

    hummerdog, Jun 7, 2005