    Do you have to have ( DVD X Copy) in order to burn a DVD? I was told that I
    did. When I went to buy it I was told that it had been banned. Now what do I
    do?
    J. Wilson, Jun 17, 2004

  2. J. Wilson

    Paul - xxx Guest

    J. Wilson posted:
    > Do you have to have ( DVD X Copy) in order to burn a DVD?

    No. Any DVD burning application will do ..

    > I was told that
    > I did. When I went to buy it I was told that it had been banned.

    It hasn't.

    > Now what
    > do I do?

    Depends on what sort of DVD's you want to rip off, I mean burn. I guess if
    you want to copy copyrighted DVD's then a search of the internet will reveal
    quite a few apps that can do this, it just takes time to sort out what
    works, and what doesn't .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks
    Paul - xxx, Jun 17, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Thu,
    17 Jun 2004 20:53:06 +0100, "Paul - xxx" <>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >J. Wilson posted:
    >> Do you have to have ( DVD X Copy) in order to burn a DVD?

    >No. Any DVD burning application will do ..

    Write protected DVDs can't be copied by common burning programs like
    Nero.

    >> I was told that
    >> I did. When I went to buy it I was told that it had been banned.

    >It hasn't.

    Yes, it was, at least in the USA. The RIAA (Recording Industry
    Association of America) successfully took DVD Xcopy to court under
    the Digital Millenium act and had the software yanked off of the
    shelves. DVD Xcopy then put out a new version of its software that is
    no longer able to RIP copies of write protected DVDs.

    >> Now what
    >> do I do?

    >Depends on what sort of DVD's you want to rip off, I mean burn. I guess if
    >you want to copy copyrighted DVD's then a search of the internet will reveal
    >quite a few apps that can do this, it just takes time to sort out what
    >works, and what doesn't .. ;)

    There are versions of DVD rippers out there that will work around the
    anti-piracy protection of DVDs. Most that I found were a little more
    complicated to use than Xcopy. However, if you are not a complete
    idiot, you should be able to use it to make back ups of your movies.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor
    ---

    Brantard explains his employment as a migrant farm worker before his permanent residency as a vagrant/wandering-nutjob/welfare-recipient in the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area:

    > >Indeed. I AOLways thought Nelly(ie, Brantard) was lavender.

    Mexican

    > Maybe a pastel pink?
    >
    > >>You dumb smuck!

    > >A misspelled P/K/B. How Nelly-ish!

    Nelly is Mexican.

    In message ID:<8.minneapolis1.mn.us.da.qwest.net>

    In article <>, "Brandon Hex"
    <> wrote:

    > You have a bald head and are black black black. You wish you were white like
    > me but your not.
    >
    > ha haw

    Who ever said Brandon Hex was white?

    In message ID:<8.minneapolis1.mn.us.da.qwest.net>
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Jun 17, 2004
  4. J. Wilson

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor posted:
    > I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Thu,
    > 17 Jun 2004 20:53:06 +0100, "Paul - xxx" <>
    > screamed from behind the mulberry bush:
    >
    >> J. Wilson posted:
    >>> Do you have to have ( DVD X Copy) in order to burn a DVD?

    >> No. Any DVD burning application will do ..

    > Write protected DVDs can't be copied by common burning programs like
    > Nero.

    I know ... but the OP wasn't too specific .. ;)

    >>> I was told that
    >>> I did. When I went to buy it I was told that it had been banned.

    >> It hasn't.

    > Yes, it was, at least in the USA. The RIAA (Recording Industry
    > Association of America) successfully took DVD Xcopy to court under
    > the Digital Millenium act and had the software yanked off of the
    > shelves. DVD Xcopy then put out a new version of its software that is
    > no longer able to RIP copies of write protected DVDs.

    DVD Xcopy wasn't banned, just the portion of it that _could_ overcome the
    protection.

    >>> Now what
    >>> do I do?

    >> Depends on what sort of DVD's you want to rip off, I mean burn. I guess
    >> if you want to copy copyrighted DVD's then a search of the internet will
    >> reveal quite a few apps that can do this, it just takes time to sort out
    >> what works, and what doesn't .. ;)

    > There are versions of DVD rippers out there that will work around the
    > anti-piracy protection of DVDs. Most that I found were a little more
    > complicated to use than Xcopy. However, if you are not a complete
    > idiot, you should be able to use it to make back ups of your movies.

    Ho yuss .. generally just copying the film itself, rather than a complete
    DVD copy, will do it .. with a little work .. ;)
    Paul - xxx, Jun 17, 2004
  5. J. Wilson

    Thip Guest

    http://www.videohelp.com/
    Thip, Jun 17, 2004
  6. J. Wilson

    Kenny Guest

    DVD Shrink will rip and burn a DVD better than any of those copy programs
    and it's free.
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/
    For the odd disc that Shrink won't rip use DVD Decrypter, again free.
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jun 18, 2004
  7. J. Wilson

    Guest

    On 17 Jun 2004 23:07:04 GMT, "Kenny" <> wrote:

    >DVD Shrink will rip and burn a DVD better than any of those copy programs
    >and it's free.
    >http://www.dvdshrink.org/
    >For the odd disc that Shrink won't rip use DVD Decrypter, again free.
    >http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
    >
    >Kenny

    And if neither of the above work what next?
    Lord of the Rings first DVD the second Twin Towers no problem.

    >"J. Wilson" <> wrote in message
    >> Do you have to have ( DVD X Copy) in order to burn a DVD? I was told that

    >> did. When I went to buy it I was told that it had been banned. Now what do

    >> do?

    , Jun 21, 2004