Burning DVD's at 2x versus 4x

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jim, Jan 30, 2006.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Hi Guys:

    I'm hoping someone can shed a little light here.

    PROBLEM:

    When burning DVD's using Nero, I specify the write speed to be 2x.
    Even though I do this, the burning process still goes to 4x. Why does
    this happen?

    Keep in mind the following:

    I have two burners, both are LG dvd writers. On LG writer-A, I specify
    2x and it burns at 2x no problem.

    On LG writer-B, I specify 2x but it still burns at 4x !!

    The DVD's are both the same brand, and the LG writers are different
    models purchased about a year apart.

    Is there a way to force a burn at 2x ???

    I burn at 2x because movies that I burn at 4x tend to freeze up on my
    Poineer dvd player.

    Thanks.

    Jim.

    Jim, Jan 30, 2006