    lynx Guest

    How do I burn a DVD from a folder on a hard drive? - the one with the
    video_ts and audio_ts files? Nero doesn't want to know. thanks,

    lynx, Sep 29, 2008

  2. lynx

    Rod Speed Guest

    lynx <> wrote:

    > How do I burn a DVD from a folder on a hard drive? - the one with the video_ts and audio_ts files? Nero doesn't want
    > to know.

    Thats just the completely fucked Nero UI. Use something with a better UI.

    Rod Speed, Sep 29, 2008

  3. lynx

    Swampfox Guest

    "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    > lynx <> wrote:
    >
    >> How do I burn a DVD from a folder on a hard
    >> drive? - the one with the video_ts and audio_ts
    >> files? Nero doesn't want to know.

    > Thats just the completely fucked Nero UI. Use
    > something with a better UI.

    Nonsense.
    Nero is fine so long as the user has a couple of
    functioning neurones and uses Burning Rom instead of
    the Start Smart rubbish.
    In this case select DVD Video from the drop down list
    then drag the files from the video_ts folder in the
    right pane of the browser window into the video_ts
    folder in the left pane and click burn, the audio_ts
    folders are all but redundant these days.
    Couldn't be simpler.
    Of course all this will be useless if the files won't
    fit on a single layer DVD and that is what the OP is
    trying to burn, in that case he will need to use Nero
    Recode, DVD Shrink or similar or burn to a dual layer
    DVD.

    Swampfox, Sep 30, 2008
  4. lynx

    Rod Speed Guest

    Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    > Rod Speed <> wrote
    >> lynx <> wrote

    >>> How do I burn a DVD from a folder on a hard
    >>> drive? - the one with the video_ts and audio_ts
    >>> files? Nero doesn't want to know.

    >> Thats just the completely fucked Nero UI. Use something with a better UI.

    > Nonsense.

    Fact.

    > Nero is fine so long as the user has a couple of functioning neurones and uses Burning Rom instead of the Start Smart
    > rubbish.

    Its clearly got a completely fucked UI if something as basic as that isnt obvious.

    > In this case select DVD Video from the drop down list
    > then drag the files from the video_ts folder in the
    > right pane of the browser window into the video_ts
    > folder in the left pane and click burn, the audio_ts
    > folders are all but redundant these days.
    > Couldn't be simpler.

    Its clearly got a completely fucked UI if something as basic as that isnt obvious.

    > Of course all this will be useless if the files won't
    > fit on a single layer DVD and that is what the OP is
    > trying to burn, in that case he will need to use Nero
    > Recode, DVD Shrink or similar or burn to a dual layer DVD.

    A decent UI would offer those alternatives auto if it wont fit.

    Rod Speed, Sep 30, 2008
  5. lynx

    Swampfox Guest

    "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    > Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    >> Rod Speed <> wrote
    >>> lynx <> wrote

    >>> Thats just the completely fucked Nero UI. Use
    >>> something with a better UI.

    >> Nonsense.

    > Fact.

    Nope, opinion.
    I've been using Nero for years, it's an excellent
    program although the "Nero Scout" crap that it's been
    installing by default in versions 7 and 8 is junk.
    Easily disabled though.

    >> Nero is fine so long as the user has a couple of
    >> functioning neurones and uses Burning Rom instead
    >> of the Start Smart rubbish.

    > Its clearly got a completely fucked UI if something
    > as basic as that isnt obvious.

    If you want a nice UI then Start Smart is OK for
    newbies and blonks.
    The rest of us have a clue and can use Nero as easy as
    ABC.

    >> In this case select DVD Video from the drop down
    >> list
    >> then drag the files from the video_ts folder in the
    >> right pane of the browser window into the video_ts
    >> folder in the left pane and click burn, the
    >> audio_ts
    >> folders are all but redundant these days.
    >> Couldn't be simpler.

    > Its clearly got a completely fucked UI if something
    > as basic as that isnt obvious.

    It is obvious, and if it isn't to some there's a
    button labelled Help.

    >> Of course all this will be useless if the files
    >> won't
    >> fit on a single layer DVD and that is what the OP
    >> is
    >> trying to burn, in that case he will need to use
    >> Nero
    >> Recode, DVD Shrink or similar or burn to a dual
    >> layer DVD.

    > A decent UI would offer those alternatives auto if
    > it wont fit.

    As far as I know the only programs that do this
    automatically are dedicated DVD burning programs like
    DVD Fab and Clone DVD, which the OP would probably be
    better served using.
    Nero does much more than burn DVD video but if you
    know what you're doing you can do it with Nero
    anyway..

    Swampfox, Sep 30, 2008
  6. lynx

    Rod Speed Guest

    Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    > Rod Speed <> wrote
    >> Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    >>> Rod Speed <> wrote

    >>> Nonsense.

    >> Fact.

    > Nope, opinion.

    Nope, fact. If someone like that who is quite capable of doing most things, cant
    work out how to do something as basic as that, the UI is fucked by definition.

    > I've been using Nero for years, it's an excellent program although the "Nero Scout" crap that it's been installing by
    > default in versions 7 and 8 is junk. Easily disabled though.

    Even a fucked UI can be usable by trial and error, stupid.

    >>> Nero is fine so long as the user has a couple of functioning neurones and uses Burning Rom instead of the Start
    >>> Smart rubbish.

    >> Its clearly got a completely fucked UI if something as basic as that isnt obvious.

    > If you want a nice UI then Start Smart is OK for newbies and blonks.
    > The rest of us have a clue and can use Nero as easy as ABC.

    How odd that it clearly wasnt for him.

    Another one couldnt even work out how to do something as basic as write a data DVD for backup.

    >>> In this case select DVD Video from the drop down list
    >>> then drag the files from the video_ts folder in the
    >>> right pane of the browser window into the video_ts
    >>> folder in the left pane and click burn, the audio_ts
    >>> folders are all but redundant these days.
    >>> Couldn't be simpler.

    >> Its clearly got a completely fucked UI if something as basic as that isnt obvious.

    > It is obvious, and if it isn't to some there's a button labelled Help.

    Which doesnt even tell you now to do what he asked about.

    All it does is list again whats obvious from the UI in the first place.

    >>> Of course all this will be useless if the files won't fit on a single layer DVD and that is what the OP is trying to
    >>> burn, in that case he will need to use Nero Recode, DVD Shrink or similar or burn to a dual layer DVD.

    >> A decent UI would offer those alternatives auto if it wont fit.

    > As far as I know the only programs that do this automatically are dedicated DVD burning programs like DVD Fab and
    > Clone DVD,

    You need to get out more.

    > which the OP would probably be better served using.
    > Nero does much more than burn DVD video but if you
    > know what you're doing you can do it with Nero anyway..

    Yes, but you shouldnt have to know what you are doing, the UI
    should make it obvious how to do something as basic as that.

    Rod Speed, Sep 30, 2008
  7. lynx

    Swampfox Guest

    "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    > Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    >> Rod Speed <> wrote
    >>> Swampfuckwit <> wrote

    >>> Fact.

    >> Nope, opinion.

    > Nope, fact. If someone like that who is quite
    > capable of doing most things, cant
    > work out how to do something as basic as that, the
    > UI is fucked by definition.
    >
    >> I've been using Nero for years, it's an excellent
    >> program although the "Nero Scout" crap that it's
    >> been installing by default in versions 7 and 8 is
    >> junk. Easily disabled though.

    > Even a fucked UI can be usable by trial and error,
    > stupid.

    >>> Its clearly got a completely fucked UI if
    >>> something as basic as that isnt obvious.

    >> If you want a nice UI then Start Smart is OK for
    >> newbies and blonks.
    >> The rest of us have a clue and can use Nero as easy
    >> as ABC.

    > How odd that it clearly wasnt for him.
    >
    > Another one couldnt even work out how to do
    > something as basic as write a data DVD for backup.

    >>> Its clearly got a completely fucked UI if
    >>> something as basic as that isnt obvious.

    >> It is obvious, and if it isn't to some there's a
    >> button labelled Help.

    > Which doesnt even tell you now to do what he asked
    > about.
    >
    > All it does is list again whats obvious from the UI
    > in the first place.

    >>> A decent UI would offer those alternatives auto if
    >>> it wont fit.

    >> As far as I know the only programs that do this
    >> automatically are dedicated DVD burning programs
    >> like DVD Fab and Clone DVD,

    > You need to get out more.
    >
    >> which the OP would probably be better served using.
    >> Nero does much more than burn DVD video but if you
    >> know what you're doing you can do it with Nero
    >> anyway..

    > Yes, but you shouldnt have to know what you are
    > doing, the UI
    > should make it obvious how to do something as basic
    > as that.

    There are computer users and computer users.
    I have no idea what level of expertise the OP has but
    some tasks require more knowledge than others.
    If the DVD files in question would fit on a garden
    variety 4.7Gb blank DVD and that is all he has then
    Nero Start Smart will do what he requires
    automatically.
    If he is using a dual layer blank then the same
    applies.
    If, as I suspect, the files are too large for a single
    layer DVD and that's what he's trying to write then he
    must either get hold of a dual layer DVD or compress
    the files, either way it's not difficult but requires
    some limited knowledge.
    In any case Nero would have informed him that the
    files were too large for the disc if that was the case
    so I'm baffled by the "Nero doesn't want to know"
    comment.
    You obviously don't care for Nero which is fair enough
    but as I said earlier I've been using it for many
    years with no problems at all and I find it very
    reliable and easy to use.
    To each their own I guess.

    Swampfox, Oct 1, 2008
  8. lynx

    Rod Speed Guest

    Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    > Rod Speed <> wrote
    >> Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    >>> Rod Speed <> wrote

    >>> Nope, opinion.

    >> Nope, fact. If someone like that who is quite
    >> capable of doing most things, cant
    >> work out how to do something as basic as that, the
    >> UI is fucked by definition.
    >>
    >>> I've been using Nero for years, it's an excellent
    >>> program although the "Nero Scout" crap that it's
    >>> been installing by default in versions 7 and 8 is
    >>> junk. Easily disabled though.

    >> Even a fucked UI can be usable by trial and error,
    >> stupid.

    >>> If you want a nice UI then Start Smart is OK for
    >>> newbies and blonks.
    >>> The rest of us have a clue and can use Nero as easy
    >>> as ABC.

    >> How odd that it clearly wasnt for him.
    >>
    >> Another one couldnt even work out how to do
    >> something as basic as write a data DVD for backup.

    >>> It is obvious, and if it isn't to some there's a
    >>> button labelled Help.

    >> Which doesnt even tell you now to do what he asked
    >> about.
    >>
    >> All it does is list again whats obvious from the UI
    >> in the first place.

    >>> As far as I know the only programs that do this
    >>> automatically are dedicated DVD burning programs
    >>> like DVD Fab and Clone DVD,

    >> You need to get out more.
    >>
    >>> which the OP would probably be better served using.
    >>> Nero does much more than burn DVD video but if you
    >>> know what you're doing you can do it with Nero
    >>> anyway..

    >> Yes, but you shouldnt have to know what you are
    >> doing, the UI
    >> should make it obvious how to do something as basic
    >> as that.

    > There are computer users and computer users.

    And there are plenty of fools like you that wouldnt know what a decent UI was if it bit them on their lard arse.

    > I have no idea what level of expertise the OP

    Its better than yours.

    > has but some tasks require more knowledge than others.

    Something as basic as that shouldnt require any knowledge.

    It should just be a matter of using the UI to do what you want to do.

    > If the DVD files in question would fit on a garden
    > variety 4.7Gb blank DVD and that is all he has then
    > Nero Start Smart will do what he requires automatically.

    No it doesnt.

    > If he is using a dual layer blank then the same applies.

    No it doesnt.

    > If, as I suspect, the files are too large for a single
    > layer DVD and that's what he's trying to write then he
    > must either get hold of a dual layer DVD or compress
    > the files, either way it's not difficult but requires
    > some limited knowledge.

    You have no evidence that they wont fit on a single layer DVD.

    > In any case Nero would have informed him that the
    > files were too large for the disc if that was the case
    > so I'm baffled by the "Nero doesn't want to know" comment.

    And that should be enough for even you to realise that it must be more complicated than you claim.

    > You obviously don't care for Nero

    I didnt even say that. I JUST said that the UI is fucked.

    > which is fair enough but as I said earlier I've been using it for many
    > years with no problems at all and I find it very reliable and easy to use.

    You clearly wouldnt know what a decent UI was if it bit you on your lard arse.

    > To each their own I guess.

    Guess again.

    Rod Speed, Oct 1, 2008
  9. lynx

    Swampfox Guest

    "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    > Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    >> Rod Speed <> wrote
    >>> Swampfuckwit <> wrote

    >>> Nope, fact. If someone like that who is quite
    >>> capable of doing most things, cant
    >>> work out how to do something as basic as that, the
    >>> UI is fucked by definition.

    >>> Even a fucked UI can be usable by trial and error,
    >>> stupid.

    >>> How odd that it clearly wasnt for him.
    >>>
    >>> Another one couldnt even work out how to do
    >>> something as basic as write a data DVD for backup.

    >>> Which doesnt even tell you now to do what he asked
    >>> about.
    >>>
    >>> All it does is list again whats obvious from the
    >>> UI
    >>> in the first place.

    >>> You need to get out more.

    >>> Yes, but you shouldnt have to know what you are
    >>> doing, the UI
    >>> should make it obvious how to do something as
    >>> basic
    >>> as that.

    >> There are computer users and computer users.

    > And there are plenty of fools like you that wouldnt
    > know what a decent UI was if it bit them on their
    > lard arse.
    >
    >> I have no idea what level of expertise the OP

    > Its better than yours.

    Another of your facts?

    >> has but some tasks require more knowledge than
    >> others.

    > Something as basic as that shouldnt require any
    > knowledge.
    >
    > It should just be a matter of using the UI to do
    > what you want to do.
    >
    >> If the DVD files in question would fit on a garden
    >> variety 4.7Gb blank DVD and that is all he has then
    >> Nero Start Smart will do what he requires
    >> automatically.

    > No it doesnt.

    Yes it does.
    Click rip and burn, select DVD video, add the files,
    click burn.
    How easy would you like it?
    I don't know of any program that intuitively knows
    that you want to burn DVD video files to disc and also
    knows where the files are located.
    Perhaps you do?
    Perhaps you've even experimented with one that will
    unwrap a blank disc and insert it somewhere?

    >> If he is using a dual layer blank then the same
    >> applies.

    > No it doesnt.

    Yep.

    >> If, as I suspect, the files are too large for a
    >> single
    >> layer DVD and that's what he's trying to write then
    >> he
    >> must either get hold of a dual layer DVD or
    >> compress
    >> the files, either way it's not difficult but
    >> requires
    >> some limited knowledge.

    > You have no evidence that they wont fit on a single
    > layer DVD.

    If they will and Nero won't burn them they are either
    royally screwed or the OP doesn't know his way around
    even Start Smart, in which case he would probably be
    better advised to use something like DVD Fab or One
    Click.

    >> In any case Nero would have informed him that the
    >> files were too large for the disc if that was the
    >> case
    >> so I'm baffled by the "Nero doesn't want to know"
    >> comment.

    > And that should be enough for even you to realise
    > that it must be more complicated than you claim.

    Nope.
    Easy as piss.

    >> You obviously don't care for Nero

    > I didnt even say that. I JUST said that the UI is
    > fucked.

    I like the UI, dead easy and intuitive.
    Maybe it's just you.

    Swampfox, Oct 1, 2008
  10. lynx

    Rod Speed Guest

    Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    > Rod Speed <> wrote
    >> Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    >>> Rod Speed <> wrote

    >>> There are computer users and computer users.

    >> And there are plenty of fools like you that wouldnt
    >> know what a decent UI was if it bit them on their
    >> lard arse.
    >>
    >>> I have no idea what level of expertise the OP

    >> Its better than yours.

    > Another of your facts?
    >

    >>> has but some tasks require more knowledge than
    >>> others.

    >> Something as basic as that shouldnt require any
    >> knowledge.
    >>
    >> It should just be a matter of using the UI to do
    >> what you want to do.
    >>
    >>> If the DVD files in question would fit on a garden
    >>> variety 4.7Gb blank DVD and that is all he has then
    >>> Nero Start Smart will do what he requires automatically.

    >> No it doesnt.

    > Yes it does.

    No it doesnt.

    > Click rip and burn, select DVD video, add the files, click burn.

    Thats not what he is trying to do, he's trying to use the files on the hard drive.

    > How easy would you like it?
    > I don't know of any program that intuitively knows
    > that you want to burn DVD video files to disc and also
    > knows where the files are located.
    > Perhaps you do?
    > Perhaps you've even experimented with one that will
    > unwrap a blank disc and insert it somewhere?

    Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

    >>> If he is using a dual layer blank then the same
    >>> applies.

    >> No it doesnt.

    > Yep.

    Nope.

    >>> If, as I suspect, the files are too large for a single
    >>> layer DVD and that's what he's trying to write then he
    >>> must either get hold of a dual layer DVD or compress
    >>> the files, either way it's not difficult but requires
    >>> some limited knowledge.

    >> You have no evidence that they wont fit on a single layer DVD.

    > If they will and Nero won't burn them they are either royally screwed or the OP doesn't know his way around even Start
    > Smart,

    Or you havent even noticed what he is actually trying to do.

    > in which case he would probably be better advised to use something like DVD Fab or One Click.

    >>> In any case Nero would have informed him that the
    >>> files were too large for the disc if that was the case
    >>> so I'm baffled by the "Nero doesn't want to know" comment.

    >> And that should be enough for even you to realise
    >> that it must be more complicated than you claim.

    > Nope.

    Yep.

    > Easy as piss.

    Not what HE is trying to do with Nero it aint.

    >>> You obviously don't care for Nero

    >> I didnt even say that. I JUST said that the UI is fucked.

    > I like the UI, dead easy and intuitive.

    You clearly wouldnt know what a decent intuitive UI was if it bit you on your lard arse.

    I also mentioned someone else who couldnt even work out how to do a data DVD.

    > Maybe it's just you.

    It clearly isnt when he couldnt work out how to do what he wasnt to do.

    >>> which is fair enough but as I said earlier I've been using it for many
    >>> years with no problems at all and I find it very reliable and easy to use.

    >> You clearly wouldnt know what a decent UI was if it bit you on your lard arse.

    > I like the UI, dead easy and intuitive.

    You clearly wouldnt know what a decent intuitive UI was if it bit you on your lard arse.

    I also mentioned someone else who couldnt even work out how to do a data DVD.

    > Maybe it's just you.

    It clearly isnt when he couldnt work out how to do what he wants to do.

    Rod Speed, Oct 1, 2008
  11. lynx

    lynx Guest

    Swampfox wrote:

    > "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    >>
    >>> Rod Speed <> wrote

    >>> Nope, opinion.
    >>>

    >> Nope, fact. If someone like that who is quite
    >> capable of doing most things, cant
    >> work out how to do something as basic as that, the
    >> UI is fucked by definition.
    >>
    >>> I've been using Nero for years, it's an excellent
    >>> program although the "Nero Scout" crap that it's
    >>> been installing by default in versions 7 and 8 is
    >>> junk. Easily disabled though.
    >>>

    >> Even a fucked UI can be usable by trial and error,
    >> stupid.

    >>> If you want a nice UI then Start Smart is OK for
    >>> newbies and blonks.
    >>> The rest of us have a clue and can use Nero as easy
    >>> as ABC.
    >>>

    >> How odd that it clearly wasnt for him.
    >>
    >> Another one couldnt even work out how to do
    >> something as basic as write a data DVD for backup.

    >>> It is obvious, and if it isn't to some there's a
    >>> button labelled Help.
    >>>

    >> Which doesnt even tell you now to do what he asked
    >> about.
    >>
    >> All it does is list again whats obvious from the UI
    >> in the first place.

    >>> As far as I know the only programs that do this
    >>> automatically are dedicated DVD burning programs
    >>> like DVD Fab and Clone DVD,
    >>>

    >> You need to get out more.
    >>
    >>> which the OP would probably be better served using.
    >>> Nero does much more than burn DVD video but if you
    >>> know what you're doing you can do it with Nero
    >>> anyway..
    >>>

    >> Yes, but you shouldnt have to know what you are
    >> doing, the UI
    >> should make it obvious how to do something as basic
    >> as that.
    >>

    > There are computer users and computer users.
    > I have no idea what level of expertise the OP has

    well he's a genius of course..

    > but
    > some tasks require more knowledge than others.
    > If the DVD files in question would fit on a garden
    > variety 4.7Gb blank DVD and that is all he has then
    > Nero Start Smart will do what he requires
    > automatically.
    > If he is using a dual layer blank then the same
    > applies.
    > If, as I suspect, the files are too large for a single
    > layer DVD and that's what he's trying to write

    nope.

    > then he
    > must either get hold of a dual layer DVD or compress
    > the files, either way it's not difficult but requires
    > some limited knowledge.
    > In any case Nero would have informed him that the
    > files were too large for the disc if that was the case
    > so I'm baffled by the "Nero doesn't want to know"
    > comment.

    yeah, me too now, since it hasn't happened since, and I've been able to
    write the files no prob. I can't remember what the error message was.
    Maybe Nero or the PC was just having a bad day.

    > You obviously don't care for Nero which is fair enough
    > but as I said earlier I've been using it for many
    > years with no problems at all and I find it very
    > reliable and easy to use.

    yeah, me too.

    lynx, Oct 1, 2008
  12. lynx

    lynx Guest

    Swampfox wrote:

    > "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    >>
    >>> If the DVD files in question would fit on a garden
    >>> variety 4.7Gb blank DVD and that is all he has then
    >>> Nero Start Smart will do what he requires
    >>> automatically.
    >>>

    >> No it doesnt.
    >>

    > Yes it does.
    > Click rip and burn, select DVD video, add the files,
    > click burn.
    > How easy would you like it?
    > I don't know of any program that intuitively knows
    > that you want to burn DVD video files to disc and also
    > knows where the files are located.
    > Perhaps you do?
    > Perhaps you've even experimented with one that will
    > unwrap a blank disc and insert it somewhere?

    I'm hopeful they'll produce a version that cooks dinner!

    lynx, Oct 1, 2008
  13. lynx

    lynx Guest

    Rod Speed wrote:

    > Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    >
    >> To each their own I guess.
    >>

    > Guess again.

    Speaking of Nero, as we have been.. the latest incarnation, Nero Suite
    Essentials or some such thing, is an abomination. It wants to take
    control of just about every file on the PC- pics, vidoes, etc., If you
    install Nero you need to do a custom install and choose only the burning
    prog. Otherwise you'll get a whole bunch of stuff you don't need that
    will only slow the PC down.

    lynx, Oct 1, 2008
  14. lynx

    Swampfox Guest

    "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    > Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    >> Rod Speed <> wrote
    >>> Swampfuckwit <> wrote

    >>> And there are plenty of fools like you that
    >>> wouldnt
    >>> know what a decent UI was if it bit them on their
    >>> lard arse.

    >>> Its better than yours.

    >> Another of your facts?

    >>> Something as basic as that shouldnt require any
    >>> knowledge.
    >>>
    >>> It should just be a matter of using the UI to do
    >>> what you want to do.

    >>> No it doesnt.

    >> Yes it does.

    > No it doesnt.
    >
    >> Click rip and burn, select DVD video, add the
    >> files, click burn.

    > Thats not what he is trying to do, he's trying to
    > use the files on the hard drive.

    What is it about add the files that you don't
    understand?
    Sheesh!

    <snip>

    Swampfox, Oct 1, 2008
  15. lynx

    Swampfox Guest

    "lynx" <> wrote in message
    > Swampfox wrote:
    >
    >> "Rod Speed" <> wrote in
    >> message news:...
    >>
    >>> Swampfuckwit <> wrote

    >>> No it doesnt.
    >>>

    >> Yes it does.
    >> Click rip and burn, select DVD video, add the
    >> files, click burn.
    >> How easy would you like it?
    >> I don't know of any program that intuitively knows
    >> that you want to burn DVD video files to disc and
    >> also knows where the files are located.
    >> Perhaps you do?
    >> Perhaps you've even experimented with one that will
    >> unwrap a blank disc and insert it somewhere?
    >>

    > I'm hopeful they'll produce a version that cooks
    > dinner!

    Or one that sorts Rod's brain.
    Too much to ask of course.
    Anyway, glad to hear you got the problem sorted.

    Swampfox, Oct 1, 2008
  16. lynx

    Rod Speed Guest

    Swampfox <> wrote:
    > "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    >> Swampfuckwit <> wrote
    >>> Rod Speed <> wrote

    >>> Another of your facts?

    >>> Yes it does.

    >> No it doesnt.
    >>
    >>> Click rip and burn, select DVD video, add the
    >>> files, click burn.

    >> Thats not what he is trying to do, he's trying to
    >> use the files on the hard drive.

    > What is it about add the files that you don't understand?

    What part of that not having any ripping involved dont you understand ?

    Pity there aint even any rip and burn to click either.

    Rod Speed, Oct 1, 2008
  17. "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    > lynx <> wrote:
    >
    >> How do I burn a DVD from a folder on a hard drive? - the one with the
    >> video_ts and audio_ts files? Nero doesn't want to know.

    > Thats just the completely fucked Nero UI. Use something with a better UI.

    **Agreed. I rather liked the old Nero, but the new version is just crap to
    use. It's also dramatically slower too.

    --
    Trevor Wilson
    www.rageaudio.com.au

    Trevor Wilson, Oct 2, 2008
  18. lynx

    Swampfox Guest

    "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    > Swampfox <> wrote:
    >> "Rod Speed" <> wrote in
    >> message
    >>> Swampfuckwit <> wrote

    >>> No it doesnt.

    >>> Thats not what he is trying to do, he's trying to
    >>> use the files on the hard drive.

    >> What is it about add the files that you don't
    >> understand?

    > What part of that not having any ripping involved
    > dont you understand ?
    >
    > Pity there aint even any rip and burn to click
    > either.

    Yes there is Roddles, just as I described, assuming of
    course you're using Nero 8 but knowing you you're
    probably stuck in the Stone Age.

    Swampfox, Oct 2, 2008
  19. lynx

    Swampfox Guest

    "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@_SPAMBLOCK_rageaudio.com.au>
    wrote in message

    > "Rod Speed" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> lynx <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do I burn a DVD from a folder on a hard
    >>> drive? - the one with the video_ts and audio_ts
    >>> files? Nero doesn't want to know.

    >> Thats just the completely fucked Nero UI. Use
    >> something with a better UI.

    > **Agreed. I rather liked the old Nero, but the new
    > version is just crap to use. It's also dramatically
    > slower too.
    >

    > --
    > Trevor Wilson
    > www.rageaudio.com.au

    Slower to load, quicker to burn.
    As long as you disable the dross that comes with it
    it's excellent.

    Swampfox, Oct 2, 2008
  20. "Swampfox" <> wrote in message

    > "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@_SPAMBLOCK_rageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thats just the completely fucked Nero UI. Use something with a better
    >>> UI.

    >> **Agreed. I rather liked the old Nero, but the new version is just crap
    >> to use. It's also dramatically slower too.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Trevor Wilson
    >> www.rageaudio.com.au

    > Slower to load, quicker to burn.

    **DEATHLY slow to load. It may be quicker to burn, but I have no way to
    compare, since I changed computers, when I changed versions of Nero. I hate
    the new interface. It is a complete POS. The old version was vastly
    superior.

    > As long as you disable the dross that comes with it it's excellent.

    **Shouldn't have to. Compared to the old version, the new one sucks. I
    really don't care if it is a few seconds quicker, it takes me so damned long
    to work out what to do, that I've lost any gains I may have had. I think
    I'll give Roxio a go.

    --
    Trevor Wilson
    www.rageaudio.com.au