    Is it true?

    Thank you in advance
    Heyoo

    MZ, Jul 25, 2009

  2. MZ

    GTS Guest

    "MZ" <> wrote in message
    news:h4enfn$in0$...
    > Hello!
    >
    > What is the best burning CD and DVD DL speed ?
    > It is written on the DVD+R DL disc: "8x speed vitasse".
    >
    > Is it good that I burn every DVD+R DL the lowest speed as possible? (2 x)
    > I would like to avoid errors on burnt disc.
    >
    > I heard that the lowest speed is not the best one, and it should be burnt
    > the speed as it is written on the DVD / CD package?
    >
    > Is it true?
    >
    > Thank you in advance
    > Heyoo

    The best speed is the fastest that your hardware and the media support.
    There's no need to try to slow it down unless you're running into problems.

    GTS, Jul 25, 2009

  3. MZ

    Paul Guest

    MZ wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > What is the best burning CD and DVD DL speed ?
    > It is written on the DVD+R DL disc: "8x speed vitasse".
    >
    > Is it good that I burn every DVD+R DL the lowest speed as possible? (2 x)
    > I would like to avoid errors on burnt disc.
    >
    > I heard that the lowest speed is not the best one, and it should be burnt
    > the speed as it is written on the DVD / CD package?
    >
    > Is it true?
    >
    > Thank you in advance
    > Heyoo

    You slow down the burning speed, until you get good error scans
    from the finished disc. For example, on my CD burner, I have
    48x rated discs, and I burn them at 16x. Once I know the correct
    value to use, I use that for every burn afterwards (for the
    remainder of media on the spindle of discs). The first few discs
    serve to "calibrate" the media, for best results. Burning at
    top speed, doesn't always lead to good results.

    http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/17-294-011-04.jpg

    If you examine some optical drive reviews, you can learn about
    how they evaluate the quality of burns. This site has plenty of
    error scans in their reviews, so you can see what typically
    happens.

    http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/1544...-Burner-Review/DVDR_RW-Writing-performance-5/

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 26, 2009