    "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    -------------
    Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com
    Kenny, Apr 15, 2006

  2. Kenny

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Kenny wrote:
    > I have a video file which is complete but it has the DAT extension.
    > Plays OK in Nero Showtime.
    > Gspot says about it:
    > "This is, or appears to be, an unsupported filetype. GSpot provides full
    > support for AVI and OGG media streams. Based on its composition, GSpot
    > believes the filetype to be "RIFF/CDXA -->MPEG (.MPG/.MPEG/.VOB)".
    > How can I burn this as DVD, can I simply change the extension to MPEG?

    Sounds like it is from a VCD.

    Change the extension to MPG and it should play fine in most players.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Apr 15, 2006

  3. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the reply, I loaded it into Nero as a DAT file and was surprised
    to see that Nero recognised and started transcoding it.
    Haven't actually burned it yet but it seems I may have been looking for a
    problem where there is no problem!

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com