    have a look, but I'm not very clued up on it either! :-(
    Thanks
    Frank
    frank, May 30, 2004

  2. frank

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Tell your friend to buy Nero Burning Rom that's one of the best CD burning
    software around. Or his cd player might not be able to play copied cd's.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, May 30, 2004

  3. frank

    Jim Berwick Guest

    frank <> wrote in

    > might, or might not be doing wrong? Any suggestions? He wants me to
    > have a look, but I'm not very clued up on it either! :-(

    More than likely he is burning Data CDs and not audio CDs. Not refering to
    those "Audio CDR" kinda things, but that he isn't making a music CD, he is
    burning .MP3 files onto a disc. As most CD Players don't play MP3 files,
    or care to read a computer disc, it doesn't work.
    Jim Berwick, May 30, 2004
  4. frank

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Good point Jim

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, May 30, 2004
  5. frank

    frank Guest

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 21:36:43 +0100, "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Tell your friend to buy Nero Burning Rom that's one of the best CD burning
    >software around. Or his cd player might not be able to play copied cd's.
    >
    >LJ

    Thanks. I have used Nero in the past and found it to be ok, but
    surely the proramme supplied with his computer should be capable of
    turning out playable copies. Just trying to get some idea of what he
    could be doing wrong before I try to help him.
    Thanks
    frank, May 30, 2004
  6. frank

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Like Jim said it might be that he's burning a data CD and not an audio CD,
    you cant go wrong with Nero it's very simple to use.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, May 30, 2004
  7. frank

    frank Guest

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 20:51:53 +0000, Jim Berwick <> wrote:

    >frank <> wrote in
    >
    >> might, or might not be doing wrong? Any suggestions? He wants me to
    >> have a look, but I'm not very clued up on it either! :-(

    >More than likely he is burning Data CDs and not audio CDs. Not refering to
    >those "Audio CDR" kinda things, but that he isn't making a music CD, he is
    >burning .MP3 files onto a disc. As most CD Players don't play MP3 files,
    >or care to read a computer disc, it doesn't work.

    Thanks all, I'll have a word with him, see what he actually is doing!
    frank, May 30, 2004
  8. frank

    Thor Guest

    "frank" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 30 May 2004 21:36:43 +0100, "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Tell your friend to buy Nero Burning Rom that's one of the best CD

    burning
    > >software around. Or his cd player might not be able to play copied cd's.
    > >
    > >LJ
    > >

    > Thanks. I have used Nero in the past and found it to be ok, but
    > surely the proramme supplied with his computer should be capable of
    > turning out playable copies. Just trying to get some idea of what he
    > could be doing wrong before I try to help him.
    > Thanks

    he might be burning music files as a "data" cd, rather than an "audio" CD.
    Most CD players cannot play "data" CDs. Tell him to make sure he is picking
    "audio" CD when burning his music for playback in a CD player.
    Thor, May 31, 2004
  9. frank

    Trent© Guest

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 21:25:07 +0100, frank <> wrote:

    >I friend of mine has taken delivery of a new computer and is
    >attempting to burn CD's and DVD's. All he has told me so far is that
    >they seem to ge through the sequence ok, but when he tries to play
    >them on a cd player, for example, nothing happens. I realise it's all
    >a bit vague and short on info, but anyone any pointers as what he
    >might, or might not be doing wrong? Any suggestions?

    He needs to view the CD...with Windows Explorer...to see what kind of
    files (if any) are on there.

    We can then go from there.

    Remember to honor our troops...past and present.

    And have a nice Memorial Day weekend.

    Trent©
    Trent©, May 31, 2004