  1. Can I burn only half of a C D such as 40 minutes out of 80 minutes then
    burn the remaining at another time.
    This would be C D recordables

    not hereplease@not here.com, Jan 7, 2004

  2. not hereplease@not here.com

    Brian H¹© Guest

    not hereplease@not here.com said:

    > Can I burn only half of a C D such as 40 minutes out of 80 minutes then
    > burn the remaining at another time.
    > This would be C D recordables

    Audio and video will close the session.
    Burning data format allows for multi-sessions.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 7, 2004

  3. I would be burning music on to the C D so are you saying I would have to
    burn the whole C D in one go.

    not hereplease@not here.com, Jan 7, 2004
  4. On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 15:04:16 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by not hereplease@not here.com in message

    > Can I burn only half of a C D such as 40 minutes out of 80 minutes then
    > burn the remaining at another time.
    > This would be C D recordables

    Depends on what you're burning. As BrianH says, audio and video use disk-at-
    once, and finalize the disk, so you can't write to it again. Data CDs allow
    for multi-session disks, however, if you want to access the previous session,
    you must be sure that the sessions are linked, otherwise all you'll see is
    the most recent sesion.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2631

    The Old Sourdough, Jan 7, 2004
  5. On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 15:21:28 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled

    > I would be burning music on to the C D so are you saying I would have to
    > burn the whole C D in one go.

    Yep. Well, you could burn two CDs. They're cheap enough.

    The Old Sourdough, Jan 7, 2004
  6. If I burn a C D on to a 80 minutes C D recordable but the C D only requires
    40 minutes of space can I then at a later date record the remainder of the
    40 minutes

    not hereplease@not here.com, Jan 7, 2004
  7. not hereplease@not here.com

    Rifleman Guest

    "not hereplease@not here.com" <> wrote in message
    > If I burn a C D on to a 80 minutes C D recordable but the C D only

    requires
    > 40 minutes of space can I then at a later date record the remainder of the
    > 40 minutes

    Yes, but NOT with the built-in XP recording software though AFAIK - you will
    need something like Easy CD Creator from Roxio or Nero to do that.

    Rifleman, Jan 7, 2004
  8. not hereplease@not here.com

    Brian H¹© Guest

    not hereplease@not here.com said:

    > If I burn a C D on to a 80 minutes C D recordable but the C D only requires
    > 40 minutes of space can I then at a later date record the remainder of the
    > 40 minutes

    How many more times do you need to be told the same thing?

    Brian H¹©, Jan 7, 2004
  9. not hereplease@not here.com

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Rifleman said:

    > "not hereplease@not here.com" <> wrote in message
    >> If I burn a C D on to a 80 minutes C D recordable but the C D only requires
    >> 40 minutes of space can I then at a later date record the remainder of the
    >> 40 minutes
    >>

    > Yes, but NOT with the built-in XP recording software though AFAIK - you will
    > need something like Easy CD Creator from Roxio or Nero to do that.

    Sorry, but you are wrong.
    Burning to music or video formats will close the session.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 7, 2004
  10. Re: Burning C D

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Rifleman said:
    >
    > > "not hereplease@not here.com" <> wrote in message
    > >> If I burn a C D on to a 80 minutes C D recordable but the C D only

    > requires >> 40 minutes of space can I then at a later date record the
    > remainder of the >> 40 minutes
    > > >

    > > Yes, but NOT with the built-in XP recording software though AFAIK -
    > > you will need something like Easy CD Creator from Roxio or Nero to
    > > do that.

    > Sorry, but you are wrong.
    > Burning to music or video formats will close the session.

    Well, sort of -- you have to close the session in order to play the
    track(s) you've recorded.

    You can leave a music CD open for the addition of further tracks, but
    it means that you can't play the initial tracks while you're waiting to
    add the final ones.

    --
    Cheers,
    Harvey

    Harvey Van Sickle, Jan 7, 2004
  11. not hereplease@not here.com

    Senti Guest

    not hereplease@not here.com did mumble
    vUVKb.18925$...

    > If I burn a C D on to a 80 minutes C D recordable but the C D only
    > requires 40 minutes of space can I then at a later date record the
    > remainder of the 40 minutes

    Read the replies to your messages...

    And it sounds to me that the best thing for you to do would be to rip the
    first CD to your hard drive and save it until you have enough to fill the
    CD...

    Or just forget about the other 40 minutes...
    --
    ~SF~
    I take a simple view of life: keep your eyes open and get on with it.

    Senti, Jan 7, 2004
  12. Howdy!

    > Can I burn only half of a C D such as 40 minutes out of 80 minutes then
    > burn the remaining at another time.
    > This would be C D recordables

    As has been pointed out, not for music.

    OTOH - a) CD/Rs are cheap. Just this week OfficeMax had Imations
    100 CD-R spindles at 25USD, with a 25USD rebate.

    b) If this is critical, then stage the files on the HD, burn a CD/RW
    first, then build the rest of the CD-R and burn the CD-R when done. Erase
    the CD/RW, and use it again.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jan 9, 2004