    Or do you recommend special software for such.?
    TIA

    Roy
    Roy, Apr 25, 2008

  2. Roy

    Guest

    Roy wrote:

    > Hello group
    > I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
    > in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
    > Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
    > single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
    > burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
    > Or do you recommend special software for such.?
    > TIA
    >
    > Roy

    Just copy them to blank DVD as DATA files. They probably won't play on
    standard DVD player though.
    , Apr 25, 2008

  3. Roy

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    Roy <> wrote:
    >Hello group
    >I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
    >in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
    >Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
    >single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
    >burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
    >Or do you recommend special software for such.?

    Any software that can burn data DVD's (including the $ware ones you list
    above) can do that. Many DVD players that are DiVX certified will play the
    AVI's directly from such a DVD ... just burn all of the files in one
    session as standalone players have problems with multisession DVD's.
    Mike S., Apr 25, 2008
  4. Roy

    Roy Guest

    On Apr 26, 1:36 am, (Mike S.) wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > Roy  <> wrote:
    > >Hello group
    > >I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
    > >in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
    > >Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
    > >single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
    > >burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
    > >Or do you recommend special software for such.?

    > Just copy them to blank DVD as DATA files. They probably won't play on

    standard DVD player though.

    >Any software that can burn data DVD's (including the $ware ones you list
    >above) can do that. Many DVD players that are DiVX certified will play the
    >AVI's directly from such a DVD ... just burn all of the files in one
    >session as standalone players have problems with multisession DVD's.

    Thanks for your replies...

    Hmm,,,do you mean that if the .avi files is burned as data in a DVD
    disk is good only for one file or else it will not be recognized by
    the player?
    My point in lumping the 6 .avi file was that the combined size is
    about 4 GB and just right for one DVD-R disc.
    Roy, Apr 25, 2008
  5. Roy

    Netmask Guest

    "Roy" <> wrote in message
    On Apr 26, 1:36 am, (Mike S.) wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    > Roy <> wrote:
    > >Hello group
    > >I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
    > >in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
    > >Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
    > >single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
    > >burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
    > >Or do you recommend special software for such.?

    > Just copy them to blank DVD as DATA files. They probably won't play on

    standard DVD player though.

    >Any software that can burn data DVD's (including the $ware ones you list
    >above) can do that. Many DVD players that are DiVX certified will play the
    >AVI's directly from such a DVD ... just burn all of the files in one
    >session as standalone players have problems with multisession DVD's.

    Thanks for your replies...

    Hmm,,,do you mean that if the .avi files is burned as data in a DVD
    disk is good only for one file or else it will not be recognized by
    the player?
    My point in lumping the 6 .avi file was that the combined size is
    about 4 GB and just right for one DVD-R disc.

    Roy there is no problem in what you want to do - I regularly burn 10 or 12 x
    350MB avi files of TV eps to a DVD for storage as DATA. Not sure what
    country you are in but down here in Australia virtually every standalone DVD
    player plays DivX or Xvid files. You can pick one up from a Wal Mart type
    store for $40 or so ..

    When you load the disc in your DVD player as long as it is DivX capable a
    menu will come up showing the file names - just scroll and click! I use
    NeroExpress to burn. Why don't you try it out for yourself - use a DVDRW as
    a trial.
    Netmask, Apr 26, 2008
  6. Roy

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    Roy <> wrote:
    >On Apr 26, 1:36 am, (Mike S.) wrote:
    >> In article

    ><>,
    >>
    >> Roy  <> wrote:
    >> >Hello group
    >> >I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
    >> >in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
    >> >Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
    >> >single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
    >> >burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
    >> >Or do you recommend special software for such.?

    >> Just copy them to blank DVD as DATA files. They probably won't play on

    >standard DVD player though.
    >

    >>Any software that can burn data DVD's (including the $ware ones you list
    >>above) can do that. Many DVD players that are DiVX certified will play the
    >>AVI's directly from such a DVD ... just burn all of the files in one
    >>session as standalone players have problems with multisession DVD's.

    >Thanks for your replies...
    >
    >Hmm,,,do you mean that if the .avi files is burned as data in a DVD
    >disk is good only for one file or else it will not be recognized by
    >the player?
    >My point in lumping the 6 .avi file was that the combined size is
    >about 4 GB and just right for one DVD-R disc.

    You can burn as many files as will fit on the DVD.
    You must burn them all in one _session_.
    Mike S., Apr 27, 2008
  7. Roy

    justin baker Guest

    all i do is just burn as a data disc
    it plays,looks ok on my dvd stand anlone player
    i shold work for you very easy

    justin baker, Apr 29, 2008
  8. Roy

    Roy Guest

    On Apr 29, 7:45 pm, "justin baker" <> wrote:
    > all i do is just burn  as a data disc
    > it plays,looks ok on my dvd  stand anlone player
    > i shold work for you very easy"Roy" <> wrote in message

    > > Hello group
    > > I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
    > > in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
    > > Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
    > > single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
    > > burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
    > > Or do you recommend special software for such.?
    > > TIA

    > > Roy- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks for the replies. I did it today and it works,....I managed to
    burn 6 movies in avi format in single DVD and came out nicely!
    It was recognized by my DVD player.
    Roy
    Roy, Apr 29, 2008
  9. Roy

    swordm Guest

    On Apr 25, 9:09 pm, Roy <> wrote:
    > Hello group
    > I would like to know if its possible toburna downloaded movie file
    > in .avi. inDVDdisck instead of converting to VOB fordvdburning.
    > Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
    > singleDVD-R disc, is it possible to justburnit directly with many
    > burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
    > Or do you recommend special software for such.?
    > TIA
    >
    > Roy

    Total Video2Dvd Author can help you convert avi to dvd simply and
    directly,
    1. click "New project", add video files, than click "OK"
    2. click "DVD menu", preview dvd menu
    3. click "Output", click "Convert and Burn" start burn DVD.

    a. easily convert avi or other popular video formats(such as youtube
    flv, mpg, xvid, divx, mp4, 3gp, mkv, rm, rmvb, mov, wmv, ogm, ts etc.)
    to dvd or ISO image file.
    b. support srt, sub, ssa, ass, smi, psb, tex, idx subtitles
    c. support dvd menu with background music, with a lot of templates
    d. support download youtube and other video share website video, then
    burn to dvd
    e. support photo slideshow to dvd, more than 300 kinds of effects.
    f. easy to use, only a few clicks,

    you can download this program FREE:
    http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_video_to_DVD_Author/index.htm
    swordm, May 14, 2008