    player on my TV is just a regular JVC, nothing fancy.

    Can it be done?
    Doc
    Dr. Freebyrd Von Finkelstein, Nov 6, 2006

  2. Dr. Freebyrd Von Finkelstein

    GenderBender Guest

    "Dr. Freebyrd Von Finkelstein" <> wrote
    in message news:K0y3h.2712$qG.924@trndny02...
    >I have an MPG that i would like to burn to a dvd to watch on my TV. How's
    >the best method to do this. Its a 695MB file, should i use a regular 700MB
    >cd or do i have to use a DVD? If i burn it to a cd should i burn it as a
    >data file? Just curious as to how to do it.
    >
    > I have NTI CD & DVD Maker 7 software on my computor, will that work? My
    > DVD player on my TV is just a regular JVC, nothing fancy.
    >
    > Can it be done?
    > Doc

    If you burn a data CD then it will not play on anything,
    it will just be a disk with a backed up file.
    If you burn as a VCD (video cd) it will only play if your
    JVC machine supports that format.
    The safe option is to burn as a DVD-Video.
    GenderBender, Nov 6, 2006

  3. Dr. Freebyrd Von Finkelstein

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 11:15:23 +0000, GenderBender Has Frothed:

    > "Dr. Freebyrd Von Finkelstein" <> wrote
    > in message news:K0y3h.2712$qG.924@trndny02...
    >>I have an MPG that i would like to burn to a dvd to watch on my TV. How's
    >>the best method to do this. Its a 695MB file, should i use a regular
    >>700MB cd or do i have to use a DVD? If i burn it to a cd should i burn it
    >>as a data file? Just curious as to how to do it.
    >>
    >> I have NTI CD & DVD Maker 7 software on my computor, will that work? My
    >> DVD player on my TV is just a regular JVC, nothing fancy.
    >>
    >> Can it be done?
    >> Doc
    >>

    > If you burn a data CD then it will not play on anything, it will just be a
    > disk with a backed up file. If you burn as a VCD (video cd) it will only
    > play if your JVC machine supports that format.
    > The safe option is to burn as a DVD-Video.

    The OP's software has to create the dvd structure and burn that to a dvd
    in order for a stand alone player to play it back.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Nov 6, 2006