    If it cannot be done, can i compress the file in any (quick n easy) way to
    fit it onto the cd?

    TIA

    .......GF, Sep 21, 2004

  2. .......GF

    dwacon Guest

    ".......GF" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Am trying to burn an avi to cd (as a VCD) using nero (v5.5).
    >
    > The file size is 734,425,088 bytes, is there any way this can be done

    using
    > a 700MB cd

    I had a girlfriend who couldn't understand why she couldn't squeeze into a
    size 2 dress. Same principle.

    The Oil of Love
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J39112559

    dwacon, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Hi

    I would suggest using TMPGenc to change it to an mpg first (
    http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html ) and then split it using something like
    dvd santa or video splitter (http://doeasier.org/splitter/ )

    hth

    Daryl MacDonald, Sep 22, 2004
  4. .......GF

    BC Guest

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:03:38 +0100, ".......GF" <>
    wrote:

    >Am trying to burn an avi to cd (as a VCD) using nero (v5.5).
    >
    >The file size is 734,425,088 bytes, is there any way this can be done using
    >a 700MB cd, I have tried using overburn bu this does not seem to work,
    >although I have been led to believe it should/could.
    >
    >Am I trying to do the impossible or am I doing something wrong?
    >

    >If it cannot be done, can i compress the file in any (quick n easy) way to
    >fit it onto the cd?
    >
    >TIA
    >
    > I use 3 programs to do as what you want:

    1-VirtualDub to find info about the avi especially FPS and Length
    of film (top 2 on "file info."). If it comes up with improper VBR
    save as wav file.
    2-TEMPGEnc to change to MPG file and to split into shorter segments
    if longer then 1hr19min.
    3-VCDEasy to change the MPG to Bin & Cue and burn to disk.
    Check with "vcdhelp.com" to get more info on what you want but
    these are te basics of what I use.
    MPG files are normally longer then AVI files.
    A Bin & Cue of approx. 825MB WILL fit on a 700MB disk if your burner
    has overburn capability........GoodLuck.........BC

    BC, Sep 22, 2004